Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Corvette Z06, or Dodge Viper SRT-10?

Corvette Z06, or Dodge Viper SRT-10?

this is something im very surprised about, most of my friends are cosnantly arguing over this. since you guys are even more of car fanatics then them, id like to know what truelly car-acknowledged people think about this.

Just wait till the C6 Z comes out. Hold on to your hard-hats Dodge!

EDIT: sorry for sounding abit like a fanboy there.Its only 12:24 am here and I'm not creative till 4pm
    Last edited by SIMPLETON; 08-18-2004 at 10:44 AM.
    eat cicada

Z06...no doubt

The Viper is such a brutish contrived piece of crap...especially the new ones.

I know lets shove a freakin 8 liter truck engine in something and call it a sports car!

Wait we need more power....better increase displacement! 8.3 sounds right!

I have respect for the old Vipers cause they really were just pure unbrideled power, with a bad ass look to go with it.

The new ones are so feminine looking, it turns me off big time.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Both cars are great and both cars were made to compete. The viper has been ahead for many years but now, When the c6 zo6 comes out. The corvette will take the lead unless the viper comes out with a more powerful version. Which is highly undoubtful.

Truck engine? I DON'T THINK SO!

I think you mean the Viper engine in the truck. Ram SRT-10.

The SRT-10 without a doubt is faster than even the new C6. I've always been a Viper guy. The Vette is cool, but the Viper is a true sports car.

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    No, the viper engine is a truck engine. When it came out in '92, the engine came from a Ram Concept from a few years earlier. It's a Le Man winning truck engine, but a truck engine none the less. Then again GM small blocks have been in trucks too.........

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master
    Truck engine? I DON'T THINK SO!
    Yes, the original Viper engine was based on a cast-iron truck engine.
    It was to Lamborghini to develop an alloy version of the block for the car.
    So it's true and not quite true
    [QUOTE}I think you mean the Viper engine in the truck. Ram SRT-10.[/QUOTE]
    That came a long time after
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    [QUOTE}I think you mean the Viper engine in the truck. Ram SRT-10; That came a long time after
    What goes around comes around.

I'm going with the Vette also(wow, no one saw that coming). The comment has been made that when the C6 Z06 comes out it will then compete with the Viper, Autoweek did a test in 2001(I know I've cited this before, sorry to re-hash) pitting the Corvette Z06(385hp), Mustang Cobra R(385hp, ironically, another truck engine here), and the Viper GTS-ACR(485hp). I am unsure as to what track they tested this at but the Vette came in first beating the Cobra R by 1 second per lap and the GTS-ACR by two. As you can see, they've already been close for a while, and I'm salivating waiting for the upcoming debut of the C6 Z06 at Detroit.
    2005 Victory Red Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab
    2002 Concord Purple Harley Sportster 883XLC

"I think the Vietnam war is nothing more than the white people sending the black people to fight the yellow people in order to secure a nation stolen from the red people"-Anonymous

UCP's Biggest Chevrolet Corvette fan.

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    personally i love corvettes, i was never a viper fan. and now, the viper has gotten old with the looks getting worse. sry 2 say, but the engine is a POS. n e can build a huge 467 cid engine, and put it in a car. the corvette on the other hand has heritage and will always b my fav.

There is an exhaust sound clip on this page. click under the picture for the interactive site and it'll have the exhaust sound. You can decide whether that sounds like a truck engine or a supercar. It doesn't sound too bad to me.

Alright,m I get it. Jeez, don't nag me on it. But still that truck engine still pushes more than the new C6.

Tisk Tisk Chevrolet.

personally id go with the ZO6..i jus cant wait till the blue devil corvette (they better make it)

It all depends on what your looking for in a car. The Viper is more brute, stiffer suspension, less sound dampering material ect. The Z06 is more of a daily driver, and less brutal. Personally i would pick the Z06, for me its all around better. Drivability on the road, great gas milage for a 12 second car, and has active handling for the more inexperienced drivers, and for saftey precasuions. Not only that but is 30K USD cheaper than a Viper and can still take one on the track....

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    The Viper is such a brutish contrived piece of crap...especially the new ones.

I know lets shove a freakin 8 liter truck engine in something and call it a sports car!

Wait we need more power....better increase displacement! 8.3 sounds right!

I have respect for the old Vipers cause they really were just pure unbrideled power, with a bad ass look to go with it.

The new ones are so feminine looking, it turns me off big time.
    Jeeze, what about the 10L boss Mustang? Would you call that a sports car?

Theres nothing wrong with large displacement, thats one reason many Viper owners buy the car, for the "huge" V10.

I'll go with the Z06, I've heard that the Viper is quite an unforgiving car in the corners. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information