Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Mercedes having too many similar vehicles ?

Question Is Mercedes having too many similar vehicles ?

First of all I would like to point out that Mercedes Benz is a great company and that their cars are amazing in every aspect. But I really dont see the difference between their 600 , 55 AMG and 65 AMG models. And now with their upcoming CLE model thats supposed to squeeze between the C and E class it looks like they are really pushing it !! So what do you think, are they adding too many pointless models ?

Yes!

God knows I can't keep track of the ones they have out now.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Is Mercedes having too many similar vehicles ?

Definitely,

and it reflects the philosophy of this very convervative company. people criticize BMW for having too avant-garde designs. But I believe MB have too conservative and too generic designs for all their models now, we cannot make a difference between a C or an E class anymore...

MB are getting to be a company run by old, conservative and backward looking farts.

another one

another basolutely pointless and ugly car :

Mercedes Benz Vision CLS Coupe Concept

u can check it out in the forums.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: another one

Originally posted by Misho
    another basolutely pointless and ugly car :

Mercedes Benz Vision CLS Coupe Concept

u can check it out in the forums.
    ok ok ok,ok,ok.ok
    that car sux,but its your opinion

If u can't tell appart an S-Klasse from a C/E/CLS etc. then u're not qualified to be a car lover.Have u ever heard of a marketing thingy called "brand image"?That's what it's all about....u have to recognize a Mercedes from 1000 cars...
    "Fate?Fate's just an illusion which takes the fear away.You trust fate?I trust no one.I'm not paranoid.I'm just independent.I spin the other way.I have no notion of time.I'm myself's whore.I know nothing but my needs,my ego,my thoughts,my cares,my loves,my hates,my world.Who am I?...I'm you."

Yeah, but if Mercedes-Benz keep making similar models, they will always be good, eh. Think about it. BMW was similar and then they changed their styling and all their new cars look shit. I.E 7-Series, 5-Series, 6-Series etc. Well in my opinion.

Originally posted by RS6
    Yeah, but if Mercedes-Benz keep making similar models, they will always be good, eh. Think about it. BMW was similar and then they changed their styling and all their new cars look shit. I.E 7-Series, 5-Series, 6-Series etc. Well in my opinion.
    and my opinion ,too

Originally posted by RS6
    I wouldn't say that...I like the new 6 series but the rear of the 5 looks from the distance like a freaking Impreza imo....& the front of the 7...well...it's just plain ugly for me...btw Mercedes will b changing it's designs pretty soon...no more twin lamped faces in about 3-4 years...
    "Fate?Fate's just an illusion which takes the fear away.You trust fate?I trust no one.I'm not paranoid.I'm just independent.I spin the other way.I have no notion of time.I'm myself's whore.I know nothing but my needs,my ego,my thoughts,my cares,my loves,my hates,my world.Who am I?...I'm you."

It is a shame really. I used to like BMW before the 1990's came along. They just ended up being exactly the same as Mercedes-Benz but only not as good. Again, in my opinion so no arguments.

Originally posted by GeaKana
    If u can't tell appart an S-Klasse from a C/E/CLS etc. then u're not qualified to be a car lover.Have u ever heard of a marketing thingy called "brand image"?That's what it's all about....u have to recognize a Mercedes from 1000 cars...
    i understand that.
    my main concern about mercedes is having too many engines in the same class. whats the point of having 55s , 65s and 600s on the SL , CL , S ??
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Originally posted by GeaKana
    If u can't tell appart an S-Klasse from a C/E/CLS etc. then u're not qualified to be a car lover.
    Oh please !!!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I see that it is MB's target to get those models with the same spirit that you can realize that you're looking at MERCEDES when you meet any of it's models....

True , but thats the goal of any premium car maker not just Mercedes.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

No!!!

Hell no!! I like Mercedes a lot and I think Mercedes doesn't have too many similar vehicles. You can say Renault has too many similar cars with that whole Mégane-idea. That are 7 cars (all 7 very similar)!!
    Boem!!!

Thread Information