50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hate it

17 34.00%
  • Love it

33 66.00%
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I hate America" Thread

The "I hate America" Thread

So let's have it, shall we? Constant bagging on the US for big cars, SUVs, wastefulness, Muscle cars, foreign policies, Presidents, wars, car quality, etc. I was under the impression this was supposed to be a car website.

So go ahead and vote. Let everyone know how much you hate America, how much we suck, how all Americans are lazy and stupid. Ignore every flaw of your own homeland, and make fun of us.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Love everything about America, except the government
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

ive put love but dont agree with some of the things that they have done

e.g. the hummer (for the road)

or government things
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Someone please close this thread
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

perhaps I'm feeling belligerent this evening, and maybe this is all unjustified, but there seems to be an extreme amount of negativity towards the US, and the US alone. It has become fashionable to hate America. I see it on the mountain bike forum i'm on all the time. What the hell? we're not bad guys here, folks. We have a dumbass for a president, and our Govt is quite corrupt (less trusted than Nixon EVER was) but we're not all bad.

Scout's honor.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Hmm, fuel on the fire!

Can't take the fact that some people don't like your country?

Us English get pleanty of flak and you don't hear me complaining about it.

Personally, I don't hate Americans, I know a few, and there are many good examples of great people who are from America.

Unfortunatly, there are some aspects of American culture, including a lot of the governments policies, that make me hate the institution of "America".

The same way that I hate what "Britain" is becoming.
    Last edited by Coventrysucks; 08-20-2004 at 07:01 PM.
    Thanks for all the fish

As an American living abroad, even with our flaws, there no other place I'd rather call home. Love it!!! And before I get: "Of course you love it, this is your first time outside the US". My dad worked for the State Department and I got to travel and live in many countries. Peace.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    As an American living abroad, even with our flaws, there no other place I'd rather call home.
    Mexico isn't abroad.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

i think the threads fine as long as it says civil in here. im curious to find out why so much animosty towards the US also as i see what sandwich is getting at
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

But why bitch on here about how our government sucks, we can't do anything about it. It's just weird that everyone can bash america, but we can't bash back without being called racist.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Mexico isn't abroad.
    Newsflash Quiggs, Mexico is not part of the USA. So, it's abroad.

Taz.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I will concede that I might come across as anti-American.

The thread about "Who needs friends..." (should) raise some interesting points for dicussion.

Should America, a country who are targeted by terrorists, because they object to the way America "treats" Middle Eastern countries*, distance itself from its (few, after the political debacle sparked by the war in Iraq) allies, by treating all visitors as criminals?

*I know that the terrorists are wrong, and misguided in their thinking, but they don't seem keen to change their minds.

I am genuinely interested to know how American citizens would feel if suddenly all other countries suddenly demanded that Americans entering a foreign country would have to apply for a visa from an embassey, be photographed, fingerprinted, and that that information would be passed to the intelligence services.

I am not a particularly great fan of American automobiles for various reasons, so I tend to end up arguing "against" rather than "for".

But just because I am not a fan of your cars or government's policies, doesn't mean I hate all Americans.
    Thanks for all the fish

but just because I am not a fan of your cars or government's policies, doesn't mean I hate all Americans.
    understandable, everyone has a right to their opinion. im curious do you think your dislike for american cars might not be totaly unbiased? you grew up with every one around you not liking american cars. (as you said in another thread "american cars arnt very well like in europe") mabe you were 'trained' into having a negative feel for cars made in america just as you see british cars (aston martin, TVR, etc.) are in some way or another superior to other comparable cars because of their percieved presige. many americans grow up with their parent liking a certain brand of car (my dad loved and loves chevy's, as i grew up i always saw cars like the camaro superior to the mustang) and now they swear by the type of car their parents prefered. mabe the same thing happenes on your part of the globe as well. as i read in the 'american-english dictionary' thread under "yanks" after hearing the word america, images of huge 500ci 3 ton cadillacs, overweight childen, 'stupid' hicks', and various other negetive american stereotype flood your mind. and the same thing happenes when you think of american cars. you instantly think "inferior". this happenes with ferrari most of all. it doesnt matter what ppl comper to them be it american or otherwise. the ford GT is inferior because it doesnt have the 'prestige, the S7 is inferior because it holds the basic overall 'supercar' shape which is similar to the mclaren F1.

also americans have cheap gas prices (not so much latley), they can afford to fill up cars that get less than 20mpg and have 50 gallon fuel tanks. its only natural the cars sold to us are built to match. you cantt tell me if your gas prices were as cheap as our your streets wouldnt be flooded with large gas chugging cars(setting aside the smaller streets issue as thats a different matter) and its not like ferraris, porsches, bmw's, lambo's, merc's are gas sippers either (yes im aware of the gas efficient models of both bmw and merc-benz)

Its our lifestyle and its seen as inferior to the european way of life for some reason and id personally like to know why. i think both sides of the atlantic have their advantages and disadvantages and i think to present a decent view of americans you must look at both for either side in as unbiased a manner as you can
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    understandable, everyone has a right to their opinion. im curious do you think your dislike for american cars might not be totaly unbiased? you grew up with every one around you not liking american cars. (as you said in another thread "american cars arnt very well like in europe") mabe you were 'trained' into having a negative feel for cars made in america just as you see british cars (aston martin, TVR, etc.) are in some way or another superior to other comparable cars because of their percieved presige. many americans grow up with their parent liking a certain brand of car (my dad loved and loves chevy's, as i grew up i always saw cars like the camaro superior to the mustang) and now they swear by the type of car their parents prefered. mabe the same thing happenes on your part of the globe as well. as i read in the 'american-english dictionary' thread under "yanks" after hearing the word america, images of huge 500ci 3 ton cadillacs, overweight childen, 'stupid' hicks', and various other negetive american stereotype flood your mind. and the same thing happenes when you think of american cars. you instantly think "inferior". this happenes with ferrari most of all. it doesnt matter what ppl comper to them be it american or otherwise. the ford GT is inferior because it doesnt have the 'prestige, the S7 is inferior because it holds the basic overall 'supercar' shape which is similar to the mclaren F1.

also americans have cheap gas prices (not so much latley), they can afford to fill up cars that get less than 20mpg and have 50 gallon fuel tanks. its only natural the cars sold to us are built to match. you cantt tell me if your gas prices were as cheap as our your streets wouldnt be flooded with large gas chugging cars(setting aside the smaller streets issue as thats a different matter) and its not like ferraris, porsches, bmw's, lambo's, merc's are gas sippers either (yes im aware of the gas efficient models of both bmw and merc-benz)

Its our lifestyle and its seen as inferior to the european way of life for some reason and id personally like to know why. i think both sides of the atlantic have their advantages and disadvantages and i think to present a decent view of americans you must look at both for either side in as unbiased a manner as you can
    megotmea7 makes some very good points here. When I was growing up, we always talked about how European cars were inferior to American cars becuase their electric systems were unrelaible and always broke down, specially british cars. It didn't matter that this was true or not, since this was everyone said, that's what we all believed. As I've grown up, I've come to realize that all makes of cars, indipendantly of the country they come from, can and will break down.

Taz.

america rocks dude! The governments needs changing though obviously, the country would be better off without Bush and his companions. Guns should be illegalised. Where cars are concerned, love the Ford GT and all the fords, Cadillacs are pretty kool aswel, i like the way theyr all so huge and guzzle gas because when you see the odd few here in england theyr like elephants People say Americans are arrogant, but i dont think so. America have (almost) always been out Allies, so me being Brit I'm always going to back up America
    Last edited by CoTTerik; 08-20-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Thread Information