50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hate it

17 34.00%
  • Love it

33 66.00%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I hate America" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    if it doesn't, and your government gets out of control, there's not much you're going to be able to do about it anyway.
    'course there is.
    First we can vote them out.
    Second we can apply passive resistance.
    Finally, we can withdraw labour and payments.
    In todays world ANY government needs production to continue operating.
    The days of sitting on piles of gold/oil/etc to 'live-off' are long gone !!
    Note that in all of these it is hard for a government to respond to a populace.
    However, if you take arms it's easy, they can use the excuse of 'justice' to quell any rebellion.
    AS I said, think it through for 10 minutes and you'll realise that armed uprising against the government won't work
    A gun is a tool, nothing more. It has no mind of its own.
    So is a nuclear stockpile, but you're not allowed to hold one of those
    Criminals have proven themselves able to get guns, drugs, and whatever else they want no matter what laws are made. And criminals being the only people with guns is unacceptable.
    But easier to police and punish.
    If nobody is permitted a gun then arresting anyone with a gun and punishing them is NOT debatable. As long as you can legally hold a gun an officer has to have "reasoble doubt" to stop a person.
    Governments being the only ones with guns is even more unacceptable. Over the past 100 years governments have proven themselves to be even less trustworthy with that kind of power than criminals.
    Fascists and dicators and 'war-lords' with guns, ffo rsure.
    But I've not heard any problems with the Swiss, or Swedes, Brits, Autralians, or etc etc You realise you can list MORE countries who've NOT had problems ( since the founding of the United Nations ) than the other.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    i think the threads fine as long as it says civil in here. im curious to find out why so much animosty towards the US also as i see what sandwich is getting at
    AND I'd liek to add another 'rule' ......

In political threads do NOT hand out pos or neg rep.
    Leave the rep for CAR stuff, please.

It's clear that political/national discussions will be upsetting and antagonistic by their nature. But nobody should be penalised for their view unless THEY are being abusive. And saying "your country sucks, mine is best" is a LONG way from abuse.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Hehe...
    France --- erm just remember that a few Normans ( from Normandy in FRANCE ) came over in 1066 and kicked ass

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    I saw a bumper sticker that sums up my beliefs about guns, and people who want them gone. It said, "Gun control means using both hands"
    my favorite one says quit honking im reloading lol
    Pagani Zonda C12S
    Cylinders: 12
    Horsepower(HP): 555 @ 5900 RPM
    Torque(FT-LBs.): 533 @ 4050 RPM
    0-60: 3.6 sec
    Top Speed: 220 mph

UCP's #1 Pagani Zonda fan & other mountain biker.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine

In political threads do NOT hand out pos or neg rep.
    Leave the rep for CAR stuff, please.

your right, i'm sorry about that, but there is a line that was way over crossed and it really irritated me, im not going to post in these threads again, hardly anyone here agrees with me and i feel like i'm talking to a brick wall
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

... i feel like i'm talking to a brick wall
    yeah, I get exactly the same feeling

your right, i'm sorry about that, but there is a line that was way over crossed and it really irritated me, im not going to post in these threads again, hardly anyone here agrees with me and i feel like i'm talking to a brick wall

if everyone agreed wit u, there wudnt b much of a discussion now, wud there?

i def agree tht rep shudnt be given/taken in these kinda discussions.

n for everyone who sed this shud b closed, i dont get u. do u WANT ppl like me to keep all these perhaps wrong and misleadin facts abt america in mind? dont u WANT us to say wat we think so tht u can clarify wen we say sumthin wrong? and wen we say sumthinu dont agree wit, plz dont get mad guys...cmon. if u have an argument to present, do so in a clean, clear, nice way, w/o swearin, getin steamed or insulting. and if u dont like sumthin sum1 sed, if it tru, u dont have much of a stand, and if it isnt, then correct em.

btw...im not gona vote in this poll, coz i can not honestly say tht i hate or luv america. no matter wich way i lean, there is a car tht stops me from goin all the way (pt cruiser is a dfinite obstacle to luvin it! )
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

then tell ib4r to give me back a rep point
    Pagani Zonda C12S
    Cylinders: 12
    Horsepower(HP): 555 @ 5900 RPM
    Torque(FT-LBs.): 533 @ 4050 RPM
    0-60: 3.6 sec
    Top Speed: 220 mph

UCP's #1 Pagani Zonda fan & other mountain biker.

Quote Originally Posted by GEO-oNe
    then tell ib4r to give me back a rep point
    I'm not a kindergarten teacher

well the way rep works he can't till he's spread it around.
    So if he DOES feel like doing that it will take a while

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    Can't take the fact that some people don't like your country?
    America is not MY country. It only says I live in the United States but it does not mean USA is MY country. My citizenship belongs to Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    But why bitch on here about how our government sucks, we can't do anything about it. It's just weird that everyone can bash america, but we can't bash back without being called racist.
    There is a difference between disliking a country and disliking a race. Can you see it?
    distance itself from its (few, after the political debacle sparked by the war in Iraq) allies, by treating all visitors as criminals?
    You have to realize that, as a British person abiding to these new customs, that you can help the another country eliminate CHANCES of having terrorists come in from anotehr nation.
    I am genuinely interested to know how American citizens would feel if suddenly all other countries suddenly demanded that Americans entering a foreign country would have to apply for a visa from an embassey, be photographed, fingerprinted, and that that information would be passed to the intelligence services.
    The thing about this is that I am not an American. If all Canadians were requested to be fingerprinted/photographed/photoshopped/etc, I would feel it is the least i can do for a country that is allowing me to visit it. Besides, it is not that much of a hassel, and does not do any physical harm anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    I think you gys will find that hate is far too strong a word for something like this. I do not HATE america, I find some of their actions and idiosyncracies a bit odd, but i do not hate them.
    I share almost the same opinion but I do have hate for the actual American government (not the people). I don't really like its people either. I kind of find most of them kind of ignorant but at the same time I admire the fundamental practicalities of most Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEO-oNe
    if america sucks why are there so many people begging to get in and become citizens?
    Ok, the people who hate the United States does not necesarily think the country sucks. I, for example, dislike the United States goverment, but at the same time I aknowledge they are still the most powerful nation in the world. I, for another example, hate Nissans but I also admit that Nissan makes good vehicles. Just because a person hates something, does not mean the person things that 'thing' sucks. Capische?
    Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    the problem is most americans keep a gun in their house just because it makes them feel better, knowing they can point it at something/one and they'll go away. But then their kids find it, and.........
    That is at the fault of the parent and the kid, not because of the law that allows people to own firearms man. If people claim 'oh, banning firearms will reduce gun deaths' then I will respond with 'but reducing the human population to zero will ensure a gun death count of zero, shouldn't we undertake the latter isntead?'. Sorry for the extremity but it was just to make a point clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    like many, i dont hate america, but i also dont love the place.
    FINALLY A PErSON THAT AGREES WITH ME. hugs and kisses? scratch the latter please.
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    i watched both recent michael moores movies today (farenheight 9-11 and bowling for columbine) and it scared me that when michael moore got an account with a bank he got a rifle. its stupid. lets all hand out lethal killing machines!!
    please read my 'kill all humans' example. The fact that guns kill people I MUST disagree to. It is the human. The gun should accept 0% of the blame. (unless of course, it um backfires, and a case broke and the gasses expanded too fast... and yeah).
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz
    anyway, i am not going to say anymore of my points coz i dont want to get flamed. i like some things from america, but i hate the way they portrait their enimies and their culture.
    NO! You should always feel free to express anything you want despite what others might think. People like Hitler got into power partly due to the fact that, simply, people would not talk. Speaketh thy mind.
    The thing that gets me, is America think there the best and biggest of all.
    all im trying to say is you need to releize, your not what you think you ARE
    I think we can agree that the American opinions of "they are the most powerful country in the world" is correct though. As for Vietnam, most Americans realize it was a mistake yet the same people think that they actually won the war. Twas a tie at best.
    France --- erm just remember that a few Normans ( from Normandy in FRANCE ) came over in 1066 and kicked ass
    The Normans were Scandanavians that took over Normandy weren't they? SO not really French.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    The Normans were Scandanavians that took over Normandy weren't they? SO not really French.
    No, but getting the continent right is good enough for you guys

2000 years ago it was the Gauls, then we had a thousand years of the Anglo-Saxons and the Normans squabbling over the land in the North of France. Then they came over and decided the issue by conquering England.

Course if you go back far enough you can start identifying the common link with Germanic races, but if you keep going then we all end up African

Since hastings there has been nothing.
    Find out what google thinks- ere

Matra stop destroying everyone, people will turn on You if you keep doing it. One post is enough - to know what you think. We all know you know everything, but your getting over the top.

Since hastings there has been nothing.
    Wembley 1977
    Matra stop destroying everyone, people will turn on You if you keep doing it. One post is enough - to know what you think. We all know you know everything, but your getting over the top.
    ooooooh, getting tetchy coz I reminded everyone of the English being invaded and the sh!t kicked out of them - did you see "Battlefield Britain" last week when they covered the fight, great computer graphics

We Scots lay claim to the record for having the most number of walls and forts for keeping us out of England. What few realised is we didnt' want to get in

Wembley 1977

ooooooh, getting tetchy coz I reminded everyone of the English being invaded and the sh!t kicked out of them - did you see "Battlefield Britain" last week when they covered the fight, great computer graphics

We Scots lay claim to the record for having the most number of walls and forts for keeping us out of England. What few realised is we didnt' want to get in
    Me, you, tommorow....newcastle town centre...outside mcdonalds.

Frankly i dont give a shite about anything that happernd before i was born.....

Thread Information