Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No more DB7s:DB9s will hit roads soon

Cool No more DB7s

Aston Martin has announced that September 9th will be the official launching day of its new top sports car:The DB9
    The car most likely has a tough task of beating its briton competitor the Bentley GT coupe as they both belong to the executive Grand Tourismo GT category(2+2sports cars) and the DB9 is more than ready for this mission.With a completely new 450 bhp V12 engine the competition will face even harder challanges beating this beast!
    Max. speed will be no less than 300 kph & acceleration figures will be 4.9 secs to hit 100 kph.

The car uses the radical VH Platform strategy (Vertical/Horizontal), which is unique to Aston Martin. Its advantages are that it is very light, provides better performance, handling and durability and yet it is extremely rigid.Still,the car offers a rare balance between a super car & a luxurious sedan.
    Two Aston habits will be unchanged when the production starts:
    1-Every car is assembled using latest technologies & it is claimed to consume 200 hrs of hand work to produce a DB9.
    2-Personlised interiors & exterior colors will also maintain Aston's reputation in making privately styled cars for privately tasted customers.

Technical data provided by SuperCars.net
    Last edited by kinan.f; 09-04-2003 at 05:16 AM.

Re: No more DB7s

Originally posted by kinan.f
    Aston Martin has announced that September 9th will be the official launching day of its new top sports car:The DB9
    The car most likely has a tough task of beating its briton competitor the Bentley GT coupe as they both belong to the executive Grand Tourismo GT category(2+2sports cars) and the DB9 is more than ready for this mission.With a completely new 450 bhp V12 engine the competition will face even harder challanges beating this beast!
    Max. speed will be no less than 300 kph & acceleration figures will be 4.9 secs to hit 100 kph.[/URL]
    I thought this will be a small, porsche 911 turbo and ferrari 360 modena competitor, instead of a rival for the Bentley GT coupe.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Very nice desing..
    and it´s a car with "young looking" despite Bentley GT that is a "serious old man design"
    Last edited by piledriver; 09-04-2003 at 07:34 AM.
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

The DB9 is the same as the Bentley in that it offers place for 4 comfortable adults while its transmission is rear mounted 6 speed auto/manual gear box.The Bentley is all wheel drive though & hits the 100 kph in 4.7 secs all thanks to its 552bhp W12 6.0 litres power plant.
    Last edited by kinan.f; 09-04-2003 at 09:06 AM.

Thumbs up Gorgeous

I love the DB7, one of the most beautifull cars ever. The DB9 looks like a logical modern progression in terms of styling and technological advances too. It's stunning! I can't wait till the new Vanquish comes out either. That will be the real competitor to the Bentley GT.

Also, to Rob, I think you're talking about the new Vantage V8. It's the one they say is supposed to compete with the 911, and I suppose the 360 Modena too.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Re: Gorgeous

Originally posted by more-boost1555
    Also, to Rob, I think you're talking about the new Vantage V8. It's the one they say is supposed to compete with the 911, and I suppose the 360 Modena too.
    You're right, I was talking about the new Vantage, they look very similair, and very good. especially the rear
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Talking stunning

Bentley GT or Aston Martin DB9 ??

Now that is one of the toughest choices EVER !!

Re: stunning

Originally posted by Misho
    100%Right
    Last edited by kinan.f; 09-06-2003 at 04:53 AM.

front looks normal enough but the back seems funny in some kind of way...plain almost
    A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

p/s: I Love the Murcielago!!!

Yikes! I love the new rear end AMV8-type styling, but the front is waaaay overdone for a Classy Aston Martin GT. The bumber and headlights are way too curved... almost parabolic

Ah well, what can you do? I'll get used to it eventually!

Re: stunning

Originally posted by Misho

lol,i choose this

Eh....

I'd still rather have the DB9, it's just gorgeous in my opinion. Did you guys see the new pics from the Franfurt motorshow they put up though? They have this pic of a Continental GT in red, damn it looks sexy! They should be flashing that color around in all the mags and press release stuff, it looks way better than the drab gray/silver you always see.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

I think they've gone over the limit with using a similar style of their cars at Aston Martin. All the cars they're desining are looking like the Vanquish, which is a very nice car! But they shouldn't use it's stile on every new car they're planning to produce. That's my opinion, I don't think the Aston Martins are looking bad, not at all, but they're looking so similar

I couldn't agree more, tail lights and badges seem to separate the Aston models ..... but damn it looks nice

Thread Information