Thread: A cute wild cat:Jaguar R-D6 Concept

Thumbs up A cute wild cat:Jaguar R-D6 Concept

People at Jaguar are still going on amazing their FANS with new revolutionary models any one wouldn't have thought that Jag is capable of presenting.
    But here it goes:The new R-D6 Jag with its 2.7 litres 24 valve V6 bi turbo Diesel(!!!)unit that is capable of taking you to the 100 kmh in less than 6.0 secs all thanks to 230 bhp & 5000 NM of torque.
    The car is smaller ,in proportions,than the X-type & is equipped with features such like the flush mounted door handle that turns on the front edge to activate an electrical actuator that opens the door.
    Being a sport car Jag engineers decided that their little baby should ride on 21 " wheels around which ultra-low-profile Pirelli tyres are found.
    I don't know what to say about the interior.Only an image will let you know how Jaguar insisted on putting a pile of luxury into its new car.Still if you want to read the full text page on its interior by SUPERCARS.NET from where I got technical infomation & images you may want to click the link.

More specifications on this beauty

Last edited by kinan.f; 09-10-2003 at 10:02 AM.

i don't think i'd call it cute

badboy

Credits for the engine should go partly to PSA, as this is the tuned version of the 2.7 litre V6 that is now being prepared for use in the 407, the 607, the Citroen C6 and the restyled C5. The engine has been designed in cooperation with Ford, but it uses basically the well known and proven HDI technology, taken one step further. Interestingly the engine can be used both in a longitudinal set-up (rear wheel drive) and in transverse mode for fornt wheel drive.

Ford uses the 1.4 version of the HDI for the fiesta. The first diesel Jaguar is the X-series, 2.0 D, which uses the Ford TDCI engine which has as its main feature a temporary overboost, allowing power to go up from 115 to 130 BHP for short periods.

Originally posted by henk4
    Credits for the engine should go partly to PSA, as this is the tuned version of the 2.7 litre V6 that is now being prepared for use in the 407, the 607, the Citroen C6 and the restyled C5. The engine has been designed in cooperation with Ford, but it uses basically the well known and proven HDI technology, taken one step further. Interestingly the engine can be used both in a longitudinal set-up (rear wheel drive) and in transverse mode for fornt wheel drive.
    Ford uses the 1.4 version of the HDI for the fiesta. The first diesel Jaguar is the X-series, 2.0 D, which uses the Ford TDCI engine which has as its main feature a temporary overboost, allowing power to go up from 115 to 130 BHP for short periods.
    Diesel engines are getting so popular these days even among big cars.What is really impressive is the performance that these engines are capable of.It is really interesting.

Alfa Romeo

the profile looks like the Alfa 147.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: Alfa Romeo

Originally posted by Misho
    the profile looks like the Alfa 147.
    I can't disagree with you this time

Cool design...
    different from the other jaguars...
    more aggressive than x type or s type...
    I like it...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

Wink well guess what !

Originally posted by kinan.f
    I can't disagree with you this time
    well, i changed my mind !!! it doesnt remind me of anything !!!

----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: well guess what !

Originally posted by Misho
    well, i changed my mind !!! it doesnt remind me of anything !!!

Hehehe
    Good one

Re: well guess what !

after the Jaguar station car, a Jaguar sporthatch? It's a strange car, not realy a Jaguar imo.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

I vote for a big NO. It looks like a ****ing Mazda and it has a diesel engine. Jag + Diesel =

Thread Information