Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite commercial that they don't show anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    probably according to the same monkey that thought people would take this commercial seriously. The sad thing is, I'm sure many do. To many people, vehicles are just a series of badges that they subconsciously rate from bad to awesome, but what they fail to see is the things some of those badges really stand for.
    That said, Hyundai doesn't really market their cars toward enthusiasts, so this little clip would have probably worked wonders on a mother of four.
    Land Rovers are actually pieces of shit. I have some statistical and anecdotal evidence that if you buy one, it will be in the shop all the time. My buddy's mechanic told him to never buy one as they are so poorly made. They also have some of the lowest initial quality ratings out there - I'd imagine that this probably doesn't bode well for long term reliability either.

For the record, I hate the Santa Fe. Hyundai is picking up their shit but they still have some dogs.

EDIT: Whose damn voice is in that commercial?! It is so familiar!
    Last edited by Kitdy; 10-29-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Land Rovers are actually pieces of shit. I have some statistical and anecdotal evidence that if you buy one, it will be in the shop all the time. My buddy's mechanic told him to never buy one as they are so poorly made. They also have some of the lowest initial quality ratings out there - I'd imagine that this probably doesn't bode well for long term reliability either.

For the record, I hate the Santa Fe. Hyundai is picking up their shit but they still have some dogs.
    Of course Landies are crap, I'd never argue that lol. I also think Hyundai is a great company thats improving nicely. What I hate though, is stupid commercials that have zero credibility. If you're going to compare yourself to someone and convince people you're superior, you'd better be the best in most if not ALL categories. The only thing the LR3 does better is have more cupholders? COME ON!!!! Anyone with half a brain knows that Landrovers are mountain goats, which means they aren't focussed on slaloms, 0-60 times, or even accident avoidance maneuvers. I don't much care for Landrover, but I can't listen to that crap and not get extremely irritated.
    Its your typical commercial

"we're better than the leading brand" Come up with something better d!ckheads.

edit:
    Whose damn voice is in that commercial?! It is so familiar!
    I don't know, but its the type of voice that belongs to someone that got stuffed in their locker and beat up for their lunch money all throughout highschool.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    I don't know, but its the type of voice that belongs to someone that got stuffed in their locker and beat up for their lunch money all throughout highschool.
    Being from prep-school land, very possible. I thought it was Edward Herrmann, the actor. He's also the long time MC for Pebble Beach Concours.

EDIT: I stand corrected by Sauce, it's Kelsey Grammer: Kelsey Grammer Commercial
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by csl177; 12-16-2010 at 01:37 PM. Reason: corrected
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

i dont mind the lexus isf ad, but it was taken off. ah well. a bloke up the road from me has one, sounds great when he gives it the boot. bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing. though i am probably a closet lexus fan, i have a soft spot for ls400's and stuff like like that. dont ask me why.

Having owned a Land Rover Discovery 3 since 2005, traversed several mountains/off road courses/countries/rivers/properties etc. etc. and spending minimal time in any sort of shop I can say with certainty that 'your buddy's mechanic' is full of crap. That's not third hand experience telling me that either...

The voice is Kelsey Grammar's....
    Last edited by Sauc3; 12-16-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    .. And he can't pronounce Hyundai..
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    Having owned a Land Rover Discovery 3 since 2005, traversed several mountains/off road courses/countries/rivers/properties etc. etc. and spending minimal time in any sort of shop I can say with certainty that 'your buddy's mechanic' is full of crap. That's not third hand experience telling me that either...

I suppose I can't claim authoritatively know that LRs are unreliable, but your experience with but one car of one model doesn't really give you large enough a sample size to comment either.

Offcourse individual examples can be different, but I have also heard pretty bad stories about their quality. A quick scan of the JD Power results seems to confirm this:

JDPower.com | Land Rover

And also a complete list of all brands:
    Ratings | J.D. Power

For those who don't know it, JD Power is the leading institution on the US market when it comes to vehicle stuff. I can also check the European markets, but i need the password. I will try and get it from my teachers tomorrow.
    Last edited by drakkie; 12-16-2010 at 01:56 PM.

JD Power's rankings comprised a part of the statistical evidence that I mentioned earlier.

Long term reliability is more questionable, but given LR's history and what I have heard... It doesn't seem to be good.

JD Power's rankings comprised a part of the statistical evidence that I mentioned earlier.

Long term reliability is more questionable, but given LR's history and what I have heard... It doesn't seem to be good.
    It seems nothing really changes in 30 years time, british cars are still unreliable

Thread Information