Thread: hey...

Smile hey...

im new to this forum and id like to introduce myself; im jason and im a moderater over at www.importforum.com and ive been looking at this interesting site for a while, but then i started reading some of the posts and comments and all i have to say is wow... talk about some miss informed ppl, dont get me wrong the more i read the more i learn who knows what their talking about and whos talking out their @ss, i personaly think im pretty knowledgable in the automotive area and dont think im coming on here to start to start anything but ill tell you when your wrong and you can take it however you want. and i realize that a majority of the ppl on here are what i like to call the "fast and the furiouse generation" or the "gran turismo generation" were the extent of you car conversatios are "man a viper cant beat a lambo, its only got a v10..." or "how can a RX-7 go faster than a supra? a supras got a 6-speed!" or something along those lines and thens theres the ppl who have absolutly no idea what horsepower or torque are or what they measure, ive heard it all "imports are better because they have a better top end they dont need torque" or "torque only works when you launch it". ive been into cars for about 10 years now my first car was a 96' 240sx i played around with it for a while till i got my personal fav. and IMO one of the best cars ever produced a 94' RX-7 and to till now ive been modding it as my everyday car the mods are as follows:
    SR Power FC w/commander
    M2 3"Downpipe
    Pettit 3"Cat-Back
    Apexi FMIC
    XS T04X strip turbo kit and XS dyno tuning
    M2 heavy duty clutch kit
    fuel system upgrade including: new 550cc primarys, new 850cc secondarys, 2x720cc additional injectors, and a SX regulater and pump
    soon to be is a new ignition system, knock guard, and engine. my goal with it is to keep it as streetable as possible and give it some extra grunt, this means no overly large turbos or obnoxiously loud mufflers, or clutches that give you leg cramps and so far ive been pretty true to my goal, heres the dyno numbers before and after the turbo was installed:
    base run with stock twins
    on 1st turbo: ~168hp@4800rpm ~213lb-ft@3500rpm @12psi
    peak: 308hp@7100rpm 264lb-ft@5600rpm @12psi
    run with T04X and tuning
    414hp@7100rpm 329lb-ft@5300rpm @12psi
    i personally am not prejudiced by were the cars are made(even know most cars import or domestice are made right here in the states) fast is fast and niether high revving small displacement, low revving high displacement, turbo, all-motor, any combination of, whatever they're just several routes to one thing making the car faster and each can be just as effective as the next. well i feel ive ranted on for long enough happy posting
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

refreshing to hear a ricer that can actually make sense...

i'm a ricer in no way, shape, or form. my car is completely stock on the outside, no stickers or anything

Finally. I've been waiting soooo long for a member who can help us shut down all of these immature members. Beleive me, there's been a lot of them on these boards. Nice to have you here, and see you around the boards.

-Shawn

welcome

welcome to the forums megotmea7 !! hope u can input valuable information while enjoying discussions on these forums.

just remember that everyone over here considers themselves as a true car expert !!!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Finally. I've been waiting soooo long for a member who can help us shut down all of these immature members. Beleive me, there's been a lot of them on these boards. Nice to have you here, and see you around the boards.

-Shawn
    y dun u cum straight 2 da point and say its me...dont go beating around the bush

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    y dun u cum straight 2 da point and say its me...dont go beating around the bush
    Why don't you take the effort to type properly? I guess some questions will never be answered...

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Why don't you take the effort to type properly? I guess some questions will never be answered...
    hes doing the best he can with limited resources. Give him a break.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Re: hey...

Originally posted by megotmea7
    im new to this forum and id like to introduce myself; im jason and im a moderater over at www.importforum.com and ive been looking at this interesting site for a while, but then i started reading some of the posts and comments and all i have to say is wow... talk about some miss informed ppl, dont get me wrong the more i read the more i learn who knows what their talking about and whos talking out their @ss, i personaly think im pretty knowledgable in the automotive area and dont think im coming on here to start to start anything but ill tell you when your wrong and you can take it however you want. and i realize that a majority of the ppl on here are what i like to call the "fast and the furiouse generation" or the "gran turismo generation" were the extent of you car conversatios are "man a viper cant beat a lambo, its only got a v10..." or "how can a RX-7 go faster than a supra? a supras got a 6-speed!" or something along those lines and thens theres the ppl who have absolutly no idea what horsepower or torque are or what they measure, ive heard it all "imports are better because they have a better top end they dont need torque" or "torque only works when you launch it". ive been into cars for about 10 years now my first car was a 96' 240sx i played around with it for a while till i got my personal fav. and IMO one of the best cars ever produced a 94' RX-7 and to till now ive been modding it as my everyday car the mods are as follows:
    SR Power FC w/commander
    M2 3"Downpipe
    Pettit 3"Cat-Back
    Apexi FMIC
    XS T04X strip turbo kit and XS dyno tuning
    M2 heavy duty clutch kit
    fuel system upgrade including: new 550cc primarys, new 850cc secondarys, 2x720cc additional injectors, and a SX regulater and pump
    soon to be is a new ignition system, knock guard, and engine. my goal with it is to keep it as streetable as possible and give it some extra grunt, this means no overly large turbos or obnoxiously loud mufflers, or clutches that give you leg cramps and so far ive been pretty true to my goal, heres the dyno numbers before and after the turbo was installed:
    base run with stock twins
    on 1st turbo: ~168hp@4800rpm ~213lb-ft@3500rpm @12psi
    peak: 308hp@7100rpm 264lb-ft@5600rpm @12psi
    run with T04X and tuning
    414hp@7100rpm 329lb-ft@5300rpm @12psi
    i personally am not prejudiced by were the cars are made(even know most cars import or domestice are made right here in the states) fast is fast and niether high revving small displacement, low revving high displacement, turbo, all-motor, any combination of, whatever they're just several routes to one thing making the car faster and each can be just as effective as the next. well i feel ive ranted on for long enough happy posting
    ur website is more complicated to browse than this one.

LMAO many a-point, proven with that statment

Originally posted by crisis
    Haha, yeah...

"Limited Resources"

Originally posted by crisis
    ok then sorry

Originally posted by r34_296kw
    ok then sorry
    truly we all need to back of the sarcasm. the punk dont get it!
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

i know you try and make it so obviouse for him but he still just doesnt get it...

Thread Information