Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rx8

im an even bigger chevy fan so whats your point? and no i dont like all mazdas, most their cars are crap ford reproductions... every once in a while they make a good one
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Originally posted by megotmea7

seeing as thats your oppinion it means nothing to me as mine should mean nothing to you, but criticising me for my taste in cars is very juvenile, a simple "my oppinion differs" would be sufficient, and apperently many ppl agree with me on this because it is up there week after week
    This is a bunch of nonsense. You cant just say that everything is a matter of opinion. One of us is wrong here, and im pretty sure its you. How a car looks is a matter of opinion because different things appeal to different people. This is one reason why i dont think its appearance should be viewed as the most important aspect of a car when ranking it against other cars. Besides, its whats inside the car that really matters. This site is supposed to be about fast, high performance cars, not pretty cars that you can use to pick up chicks.

Originally posted by gtface
    This is a bunch of nonsense. You cant just say that everything is a matter of opinion. One of us is wrong here, and im pretty sure its you...
    Look at the reasoning behind this... You guys are both making value claims! How can you possibly call him wrong for something like a value claim?

Of course you can't say that everything is an opinion, but this sure as hell is!

how can you say this isnt about opinions? my opinion is it belongs up there, yours is it doesnt. simple as that...

Look, the RX-8 is a good car, and has lots of interest at the moment, due to its excellent dynamics and intelligent design. I don't love the car, but I like its individuality, looks and it's performance is respectable. There are far worse cars that could be top of the list. Arguing about other cars is pointless anyway, what is, is. Obviously many people agree with mego at the moment.

Re: Re: rx8

Originally posted by SL500
    hehehe-yes-great question
    coz its really crap,who said rx8 has a good design????????
    japanese design?good? hehe never seen,i think
    (mogemta7)he just show you his taste in cars design,look at that crap mouth,sux,headlights aweful.......
    anyway i think another persons must answer this question.
    like wouter.
    plz answer
    don't worry, japanese car fans, he just hates all japanese cars
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

gtface -

You ever driven one? Until you do you don't really have a basis for an informed opinion now do you?

I just bought one for my wife. I didn't plan on it but I thought it was worth a look. An extended test drive made up my find and there was no serious contender (I was also looking at the G35 and 350Z).

Your argument about being the fastest doesn't wash either. In the past five years I've owned a 930, a 2000 Corvette, a 91 ZR-1 as well as a Hayabusa and ZX12R so speed is something I'm familiar with.

None of those cars is as good an overall package as the 8. Sure, I'd like more speed but that ain't everything.

for me i like the mazdas most out of all the japanese car makers. so i like the RX8. why do people think it has bad design?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Maybe because it is so different. SL500 hates it because it is japanese. Almost all the reviews I have read (I haven't driven it ...yet) claim it is very smooth, well built, comfortable and quick.
    Big speed isn't what it is all about. Look at the old Lotus Elan. What a blast to drive, and it wan't any quicker than the RX-8. Performance isn't just a quarter mile time, it encompasses everything that a car does and how it does it. The RX-8 is a good car, period.

Originally posted by ramdaddy

You ever driven one? Until you do you don't really have a basis for an informed opinion now do you?
    The only basis i have is the specs that i read on sites like this (although i too have driven some fast cars in my short time as a driver). For a car in the same price range as a corvette, it just isnt that fast. Sure youd pick the rx8 if your only other options were the 350z and g35, but those cars both suck. If value is what you are looking for you simply cannot beat a corvette. The only thing that the rx8 has going for it is efficient use of its displacement, which means nothing as far as the performance of the car. Just look at tyhe performance figures and youll understand.

from what ive seen of the RX-8, its not exactly intended to be as much of a value for money car as the corvette, if all your looking at is the performance. if i was in the market for a japanese car, the RX-8 would be at the top of the list, i just love how fat and low slung it looks on the road. if i was looking to buy a local car for similar money, id probably take an FPV GT, but i wouldnt compare the two of them if i had to. in the end i wouldnt be surprised if i took the RX-8 manual to get around the luxury car tax

If value is what you are looking for you simply cannot beat a corvette
    good luck fitting 4-5 ppl in a corvette...

Sure youd pick the rx8 if your only other options were the 350z and g35, but those cars both suck
    whats your basis for these stunningly detailed observations?

just saying a car sucks and naming anouther car says nothing in favor of your point... especially when the car you mention isnt even in the same catagory as the original car and you have absolutly NO experience with any cars mentioned...

Originally posted by gtface
    The only thing that the rx8 has going for it is efficient use of its displacement, which means nothing as far as the performance of the car. Just look at tyhe performance figures and youll understand.
    ok the performance figures ive seen are 0-100km/h in about 6.2, your saying that a 1.3L car doing that, naturally aspirated means nothing?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gtface
    For a car in the same price range as a corvette, it just isnt that fast.[QUOTE]

gtface, not sure where you're shopping for cars but in my neighborhood an 8 is 15 grand less than a Vette. And if you want Nav you'll have to go aftermarket because you can't get it in the Vette so add another coupla grand though GM gives you the rattles and recalls for free.

When you get the chance to drive some cars for yourself (and more importantly to LIVE with them for a while) your opinions will change. Until you do your one-dimensional attitude towards acceleration and speed will probably continue. Since that IS your focus why haven't you suggested the Mustang Cobra? It's got more hp than the Vette and costs no more than the 8. If you get an aftermarket chip you'll jump the hp another 50 and the top end to probably 180.

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    ok the performance figures ive seen are 0-100km/h in about 6.2, your saying that a 1.3L car doing that, naturally aspirated means nothing?
    That is correct, it means nothing. So what if your engine has less liters than a pepsi bottle? That doesnt matter. What we should be focusing on here is the time of 6.2 seconds. That time is terrible for how much the car costs.

Thread Information