Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/vented disc
    Tires F-R: 215/35 - 245/35 R18
    Exterior Dimensions & Weight
    Length × Width × Height in: 144.9 × 68.6 × 58.1
    Weight lb (kg): 2204 (1000)
    Performance
    Acceleration 0-62 mph s: <5.0
    Top Speed mph (km/h): 150 (240)
    Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): 25 (11.2)

Meet the Nissan Micra R, a 150 mph hot hatch that proves the new Micra really is quite unlike anything else on the road.

From bonnet to boot the R is unlike any Nissan Micra ever produced. For a start you won’t be able to lift the lid on its remarkable performance by looking under the bonnet; all you’ll see is a radiator and fuel tank. And you won’t be able to carry anything on the back seats or in the boot because that’s where a 265 bhp fully race-prepared engine sits.

While maintaining the distinct shape and friendly persona of the standard Micra, the R has the squat stance and purposeful poise of a sporting thoroughbred along with performance that matches its looks. There’s a 0-60 mph time of under five seconds and a top speed in excess of 150 mph.

Inside, the stripped racing car-style cockpit features sculpted Sabelt racing seats, five-point safety harnesses and the kind of touches you’d expect in any competition car such as a visible engine Electronic Control Unit, prominent fire extinguisher and hi-tech digital dash display.

But this is no Sunday fun car. It might be strictly a one-off, designed and built with performance driving in mind, but it can be everyday transport too. Chief designer Christopher Reitz added: "It’s very easy to build a £500,000 car if you’re doing everything from scratch. We wanted to do something that was a dream car but that you didn’t have to win the lottery to able to afford. Take the example of the Mini Cooper S in the Sixties. It was a successful competition car but it wasn’t too expensive if you wanted to own one."

Affordable it might be but one thing’s certain: it won’t just be hot-hatch owners who will be drooling with envy; the Micra R will give supercar drivers something to think about too. And Reitz would like to see it in competition as well. "I think it would be great to have a one-make series," he said. "If you provide cars that are all equal as well as safe and fun to drive the skill of the driver starts to become more important than it is in many areas of motorsport."

With the engine now sitting where the rear seats and fuel tank are usually located, RML has used all its experience to make the Micra R into a reliable and viable every day machine. To cool the engine, a radiator from an Almera 2.2 dCi has been slotted beneath the bonnet and cleverly the engineers have used the now redundant exhaust tunnels beneath the body to fit cooling ducts. Integrated with a touring car style aerodynamic ‘splitter’ at the front these ducts ensure that the engine can be fed with more than enough cool air to keep it performing at its peak.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

2004 Nissan Micra R #2
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

i think its liked to be called micraAARRRGGHHH!!!!!

That's an interesting little car, but the performance sounds good. I don't particularily like the styling, but its not bad.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

i got a pic of that at the motorshow

That's an interesting little car, but the performance sounds good. I don't particularily like the styling, but its not bad.

youd hate the standard car
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Probably would, they only really thing saving this design is the racing aspects of it. Congrats on hit 100 rep, by the way Mustang.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

I read about the micra R in a copy of EVO (071), comparing it to other pocket monsters (M3 engine BMW mini, R1 and Hayabusa engine original mini's @ 400bhp and a 180bhp Smart). The Micra R has an ex BTCC Primera engine.

the micra R is a cool concept

P.S. PLEASE MAKE THIS CAR NISSAN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    i got a pic of that at the motorshow
    Mee too, but as i was adjusting the focus, someone felt my arse, i think it was one of them tempting show girls
    Its a shocking pic.

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    someone felt my arse, i think it was one of them tempting show girls

did you see the one at the max power stand and the peugeot stand and the...

yet another good reason to go next time
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

That little Micra is ace! I read a review of it, the 256bhp TOCA engine mid-mounted, cute looks, wacky paint, good handling.... but I think that it's time hot hatches should stop the power hike. 200bhp is enough, 220bhp great, but after that I think it should be left to the mad-modders. Like the dude who did the Porsche in Multimedia....in "I Don't Really Know Where To Put This" if anybody's interested.

Those specs are quite nice for such a tiny car. No one would expect that little thing to zip to 62 in 5 seconds I bet. Although the styling may be a bit strange and controversial, well, it's definitely worth the cash I bet....

well,the styling's always better than the standard's (with the two door coupe styling and nismo and other sponsorer's decals!)

its still the same mini crp it will allways be but this one has more cred!!!!!!! than the old one

hehe old but still luv it!
    i still havent got any higres shots of it
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information