Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Frances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hurricane Frances

"""Dangerous Hurricane Frances is swirling just north of the Turks and Caicos islands on a relentless course toward the Southeast. Hurricane force winds and blinding rains have slammed the Turks and Caicos during the last 3 to 6 hours. Damage has been reported from the islands. Frances, a category 4 monster on the Saffir-Simpson Scale, is expected to smash through the southern and central Bahamas tomorrow and into the northern Bahamas tomorrow night. After that, the southeast coast of the U. S. will bob to the top of the target list, but as yet there is no consensus among guidance tools as to where (or when) Frances will thunder ashore. Thus, prudence would dictate residents all along the coast (and even some distance inland) from the Keys to Cape Hatteras make at least preliminary preparations for a strike from a major hurricane. And, unless Frances throws out a sea anchor soon and begins to slow in its forward speed (as most models suggest it will) landfall could come sooner rather than later. Hurricane watches may need to be posted for a portion of the Florida east coast later tonight. Best advice: get ready; pay attention. This storm is larger and will effect more land than Charley did once it makes landfall. Also, if you are in a weak structure like a Mobile Home you'll want to make plans to evacuate should the storm forecast path go near your home. This kind of hurricane can blow a Moblile Home away. And keep in mind that tropical storm force winds and building surf (especially along the Carolina coast) will precede the approach of the hurricane by quite some time. """

Weather.com

I'll probably end up without electricity for a while, anybody else from Florida? This hurricane is going to be pretty bad, we already bought supplies, drained the pool a little bit and put everything inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well, good luck nic, hope it doesn't hit u
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

We just got a bunch of rain from Charley, not much wind, unlike Isabel last year. We'll have to see how it affects us here in Central North Carolina. But either way, I won't be here, I'm headin' to Buffalo this weekend, I don't think Frances is going to have much effect there.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    We just got a bunch of rain from Charley, not much wind, unlike Isabel last year. We'll have to see how it affects us here in Central North Carolina. But either way, I won't be here, I'm headin' to Buffalo this weekend, I don't think Frances is going to have much effect there.
    I went to Orlando just after Charley all the street signs were broken... When trying to go South on the turnpike I ended up going north, what a moron.... Though it wasn't my fault.

well, with Charley, we got alot of rain, up here by TORONTO! if this hurricane is the same strength as Charley, than it'll happen again
    This Hurricane is supposed to be more devastating than Charley But is hitting a region that's about 4 hours south from the place where Charley actually hit so I wouldn't worry if I were you

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos
    god luck niko ... some times i really like to live here ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lith
    well, good luck nic, hope it doesn't hit u
    Thank you guys

well, with Charley, we got alot of rain, up here by TORONTO! if this hurricane is the same strength as Charley, than it'll happen again
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

god luck niko ... some times i really like to live here ...
    Fun is not a straight line

UCP's only lancia lover ....

remember to duck and cover good luck man, when we got owned by bushfires that was pretty scary, hope you and your family are gunna be OK.
    The Datto will rage again...

i wonder if well get some good waves and i can go up to my beach house for some surfing!
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Well they were talking on the radio this morning about some major-league surf (and undertow) expected today on the Carolina coast as Frances approaches...
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

This is the first time I'm glad I'm not in Miami for the time being. Stay safe Niko, I hope you and your family aren't affected by the hurricane!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

You shouldnt of gone to live in america, Its choas....Even god hates the U.s!
    Hope you stay alive, dont die on me niko...... *cry's*

Quote Originally Posted by UK CARS
    Even god hates the U.s!
    Dont tell me your one of these whacko prick mother****ers.
    Last edited by Fowler; 09-02-2004 at 04:10 PM.
    UCP's most hardcore skunk

Weather.com said that on Saturday the winds at my house would reach 60Mph... Since now the Hurricane is closer and calculations can be more precise they actualized the site and the winds are going to be of 86Mph.. Hope it doesn't get worst than that.. damn....
    Attached Images Attached Images

dorothy in the wizard of oz anyone?

stay safe niko....n keep a good hold on your dog!
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

A couple of my relatives had to evacuate and leave their homes because of Frances. Sucks but I guess thats the price you pay for living in that area.

Thread Information