Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better to go or stay? Your views on Mitsubishi

Better to go or stay? Your views on Mitsubishi

Mitsubishi has been facing big problems since DaimlerChrysler bought it then trashed it, and rumours are flying(at least so I've heard) that the company is considering closing down. Really, do you think that Mitsubishi is a rubbish company that has long gone past its due date anyway, or do you think it is a great car manufacturer that should be given more chances to prove its worth?
    UCP's most dedicated Pokemon fan.
    Anyone seen any Toyota Rav4 Pokemon Edition in USA?

Their only claim to fame is the EVO, but now the latest versions seem to have missed the boat. It is the same as with all Japanese car companies, they have no real history (Legacy ) or tradition so probably few people are really attached to it. Automotive history will not suffer much if they decide to close down.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think it would be a shame, they may not have history, but they do thir jobs and do it uncomplainingly. remember BMW was in dire straits in the late 60's.........

They'll bounce back, as i've said before, the Japanese thrive on Adversity, it brings out the best in their styling, Manufacturing, Engineering and Marketing Departments.

Give them time, i'll doubt they will bow out before the year 2015.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

keep'em here! get'em to make the new eclipse with a GSX model!!!!!!!

and keep makin the evo's for the WRC.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

You may be shocked to find that Mitsubishi hasn't won a championship round for a while now. if you want real rally cred (IE cars that win) keep lobbying for the Citroen Xsara to come to the U.S.

Definitly keep em! they manufactre here in Aus, two big plants making magna engines and i cant remember what the other one does but its big too! i dont want to see all those people out of a job and the government has also subsidised some of their debt here in Aus to keep them afloat! I dont want all those tax dollars wasted! keep on pluggin mitsubishi you'll be right mate!

200th POST!
    The Datto will rage again...

I'd hate to see them go for two reasons. 1st all the jobs that would be lost. And 2nd the EVO, both rally and street version, love that car.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Maybe Mitsubishi should shrink to making just the EVO, then all the fanboys will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    I'd hate to see them go for two reasons. 1st all the jobs that would be lost. And 2nd the EVO, both rally and street version, love that car.
    I sympathise with those who are concerned about individual job losses. However, the fact that less people are buying a Mitsubishi does not mean that they are buying less cars. The same amount of jobs is still needed, but done by others. This is how are capitalist economy works. Suppose Mitsubishi is considering to move its production to Vietnam or the Philippines. That would mean job creation in those countries (and probably for more people because they are likely to be less productive) but people in Japan or Australia would not like the idea.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

But the thing is they aren't planning to do that, they are planning to shut down operations altogether, everyone misses out.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    But the thing is they aren't planning to do that, they are planning to shut down operations altogether, everyone misses out.
    I said "suppose", and read carefully, when people are not buying Mitsu's they will be other cars, which also have to be produced by people, which means jobs. There would be a decline in overall jobs if people would stop buying cars at all.

the new colt, isnt that bad too !!!offcourse the EVO has the most reputation, but not very much are sold, and sales is what its all about.

Some time ago,i read an interview with the project manager of the mitsubishi plant out here.he said it would never make any profit with the new colt.

it would be too bad,if they had to go....

If Mitsubishi could only get it right with a decent Galant in Europe.. Or maybe the funky new Grandis will help in Europe!

mistubish should make a newer gto....
    the old one is tooo heavy but powerful motor.
    i think they still get back up if they stop messing with the evo and
    modify some other model!

With such a dull range of cars, I'm not surprised they are on a downer.

The Carisma? How ironic that it is named after the one thing it completely lacks.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information