Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda Miata vs Toyota MR2

Under accleration, yes. HOWEVER, when you let off the accelerator, the weight unloads and causes an oversteer condition (that many normal people can't predict and, thus, get into trouble) because the weight is then moved forward off of the rear tires and in the direction of the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Yeah, I suppose it was the T-top style. But I thought it's center part of the roof could be removed like a Corvette.
    Targa Top? Like a Supra or a F50?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Yes, thanks. Couldn't remember the word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by DodgeNitroBIRM
    Under accleration, yes. HOWEVER, when you let off the accelerator, the weight unloads and causes an oversteer condition (that many normal people can't predict and, thus, get into trouble) because the weight is then moved forward off of the rear tires and in the direction of the corner.
    no thats only if you lift off in mid corner upsetting the balance of the car instantly, that would happen in any car including ff and fr cars
    thats centrifugal force acting upon the center of gravity which increases the slip angle of the tires, if the center of gravity was nearing to the rear the rear would have a larger change in slip angle increasing oversteer but thats weight distribution

you said weight in the rear, thats a whole different thing

mid engined cars actually have their weight alot closer to their cog (hence MID engine) which have a low polar movement of enertia, since the weight is so close to the center steering response is quicker because there is no huge weight at the front of the car to throw around

under breaking mid engined cars will shift weight forward causing a their weight distribution to edge towards the 50:50 mark which gives a stable neutral steer tendency

I beleive they are both to be axed. I suppose the Miata has had a long run. Id pick it anyway cause its rear wheel drive.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I read an article in automobile magazine comparing the two and they said that the miata kills over the MR2

Just last week, top gear were comparing these roadsters. They had the MR2, MX5 and the Fiat Barchetta which I HAVE to say is a complete piece of sh!t so I will not talk about it anymore.
    Anyway, they concluded by saying the MX5 is a better performing and more practical car than the MR2. Jeremy also said something about Toyota deciding not to have a boot in the MR2 because they didn't want to upset the weight balance in the mid engined car... but I really wasn't sure if that was joke or not. I hate roadsters so I wouldn't go for either.
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Same here, Hell_Unleashed. I think they're all hairdressers cars. Give me a proper car anyday, perhaps a Audi S4 Convertible. Or any other proper convertible, like a mid 90's Mercedes E320 Conv, or M3 conv. The new M3 though. Not the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnAudiRS6
    Same here, Hell_Unleashed. I think they're all hairdressers cars. Give me a proper car anyday, perhaps a Audi S4 Convertible. Or any other proper convertible, like a mid 90's Mercedes E320 Conv, or M3 conv. The new M3 though. Not the old one.
    LOL... they showed the S4 convertible on the very same episode they showed the roadsters in... that is a sweeeeet car!
    Alright brain... you don't like me and I don't like you... but lets just do this...

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    I beleive they are both to be axed. I suppose the Miata has had a long run. Id pick it anyway cause its rear wheel drive.
    they're both rwd ...

this is just like the time that dude on top gear thought a fiat was french

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Unleashed
    LOL... they showed the S4 convertible on the very same episode they showed the roadsters in... that is a sweeeeet car!
    cabrios and roadsters are 2 dif things

cabriolets are more on the luxurious laid back type car while roadsters are ment to be zippy toys

dude thats the most messed up opinion ive ever heard

u think an M3 cabrio is a proper convertible while a simpler more to the point roadster isnt ...

right ... so i assume u think an slk is a proper convertible as well !?!?!
    dude what are you smoking

cmon, compare the two, and they are not hairdressers cars, those are civics. give me a break.

The Miata is one of my favorite all time cars. The MR-2 isn't bad but I think the Miata looks a lot better. Plus there are Miata racing leagues galore in case you want to use the Miata on the track.

Does anybody have any pics of the special edition Miata from about year ago. I think it was called the Shinsen version.

Get a new Mazdaspeed Miata, mmmmm turbo.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Thread Information