• mileage

2 12.50%
  • other (please post which)

4 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help me out!

help me out!

I'm a student at design acdemy eindhoven and doing a co-project with Renault on new cars... would you please be so kind to vote in the poll on which aspect is most important for you in a car! THANK YOU!
    ---SNAP JE DAT!?---

i think something that should be noted is speed is nothing without handling

I agree "speed is nothing without handling" , unless you are referring to all out acceleration. Perhaps you should have grouped them together as "performance", then you could also include braking ....'cuz if it goes straight, and 'round the bends, if it don't stop.... you're toast !!

Good luck with the project .... post "spy" pix if you're into something cool.

Later

Thank you! but by speed i meant topspeed as well as acceleration, both which are nothing without handling
    ---SNAP JE DAT!?---

Interior and Exterior Style and Design
    QUALITY
    Price
    Comfort
    Handling
    Safety
    Speed
    Last edited by SL500; 09-22-2003 at 09:00 AM.

so far 5 people voted on this poll and the only common factor that all 5 chose was price !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

I chose one of my options as other, so I guess I'll post what I meant... (I actually had two of them)

1.) "Fun Factor"

Yeah, it's the crazy sportiness that makes me want a Lotus Elise more than I'd want a 800hp Camaro. For me it's kind of a lightweight/handling/acceleration package in one.

2.) Rarity... I'd rather not have the same car that everyone else has. I could've bought a running RX-7 for the price of the my car from the same guy that I bought it from, but I'd rather be one of the only people in my city (West Vancouver) with a 914.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 09-22-2003 at 04:55 PM.

Originally posted by Egg Nog
    Rarity... I'd rather not have the same car that everyone else has. I could've bought a running RX-7 for the price of the my car from the same guy that I bought it from, but I'd rather be one of the only people in my city (West Vancouver) with a 914.
    *shakes head* lol
    how many RX-7's are in vancouver? RX-7's are very rare around here i see another one once every year or so, i agree about the fun factor i can handle*pun* big heavy cars, i feel more at ease with a car that feels light and nimble and conected to the road, not one thats so big and has so soft suspention that you cant even feel if your moving some may call it comfort but to me it seperates me from the fact that im driving and its more of a video game type feel if you know what i mean
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

im assuming your talking about a 3rd gen the first and second gens were more populer and sold more so thats probly what your talking about
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Actually, I am referring to all of them. I prolly see about 10 first gens a week, 6 second gens, and about 1 3rd gen. (And about 10 RX-8s) West Van is quite a wealthy area, but still... that's quite a few more than one or two per year

I know of only 3 other 914s in all of West Vancouver

In my country, price is the main factor when you want to buy a car...
    that´s why we have so many 1000 cc cars around...
    and croonenberg... think about a sheap small car to design... it could be well accepted here...
    I Love These Races!!!
    www.insideracing.com.br
    The 56th member of this Forum.

apart from four specified criteria I also voted for "other". In my case you should read practicality. (I need to carry 5 persons in good confort, carry a racing bike and don't want a SUV so for Renault, no Scenic and no Espace.)

Re: help me out!

Originally posted by croonenberg
    I'm a student at design acdemy eindhoven and doing a co-project with Renault on new cars... would you please be so kind to vote in the poll on which aspect is most important for you in a car! THANK YOU!
    I agree with Edd Nog that the funfactor is realy important, but I also think comfort in a car is important, you have to search for a way between those two, that would be the best, imo,

en ja, ik snap 't.
    Racing is life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting.

Originally Posted by designstudent
    Howdy, I study Automotive Marketing and Management at University of Finance, Business and Entrepreneurship and need assistance with my fast online test to write my essay today for final grades.

Hi,
    You may compare car brands by their green solutions and technologies. Look at this research paper: Green technologies in the automotive industry by Breno Nunes and David Bennett.

All the things that have been mentioned in this poll are necessary but for me, it will be comfort, handling, and speed.

Thread Information