Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 987 Boxster 2005-2011

Porsche 987 Boxster 2005-2011

New Porsche Boxster Revealed

On sale in the UK from 27 November 2004, the new Porsche Boxster offers increased power from its proven
    2.7-litre and 3.2-litre flat-six engines in addition to a host of other developments introduced with the intention of keeping the mid-engined sports car at the top of its class.

The 2.7-litre six-cylinder engine now develops 176 kW (240 bhp), 8 kW (12 bhp) more than previously. The performance of the Boxster S, which will be launched simultaneously, has also been increased to 206 kW
    (280 bhp) from 191 kW (260 bhp), while cubic capacity has remained unchanged at 3.2 litres. The Boxster needs only 6.2 seconds to sprint from 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph), while the S model achieves this in 5.5 seconds. Top speed is 159 mph (256 km/h) for the Boxster and 167 mph (268 km/h) for the Boxster S.

In addition to the power increase, a revised chassis offers greater driving pleasure and at the same time enhanced active and passive safety. Larger wheels and a wider track clearly emphasise the further development of the body shape and symbolise the increase in performance of the two models. The new nose clearly shows the relationship with the 911 series but still features the characteristic Boxster appearance. The new lighting concept with the separation of main headlamps and front lamps with integrated fog lamps exemplifies this.

When viewed from the side, the larger rear air vents, the bold door sills, the larger window glass area, and the newly-designed, larger diameter wheels are dominant. The 2.7-litre Boxster now has 17-inch diameter wheels as standard, while the Boxster S features 18-inch diameter wheels.

The new Boxster also features a revised five-speed manual transmission, with the S model benefiting from a new six-speed gearbox. The gearshift had been revised for both transmission variants so that shift travel is now considerably shorter. Both vehicles can be optionally equipped with the five-speed Tiptronic S transmission.

The Boxster is the first roadster in the world to offer passengers protection against lateral impact using head airbags. In combination with a thorax airbag, concealed on the outer side of the backrest, the airbag deploys from the side window rail of the door and provides a very high level of protection for the head.

The Porsche Boxster will be priced at £32,320 (inc. VAT) and the Porsche Boxster S at £38,720.

Editor’s Notes:

First launched in 1996, the Porsche Boxster can already be described as a modern classic alongside the iconic 911 coupe. The Boxster has opened up new and growing markets for the company in an extremely competitive marketplace.

To maintain its appeal over the eight years following its debut, Porsche has continually evolved the Boxster. Originally powered by a 2.5-litre version of the classic Porsche flat-six engine, the car gained extra power in 1999 with the installation of a 2.7-litre engine. At the same time, a higher performance 3.2-litre-engined Boxster S model was introduced.

Now, with the introduction of the latest generation Boxster, Porsche moves the roadster on another stage further. Still true to the original concept, the car has consistently outperformed its rivals in comparative road tests and in its latest form is set to move the benchmark for roadster standards on once more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Wow, a very well-executed design. Unlike the 996...

And how much is it in US $?

For some reason, from the first pic, it reminds me of the Carrera GT...and I still don't like the back of it. Hopefully, the coupe will be better.
    "To control 800 horsepower relying just on arm muscles and foot sensitivity can turn out to be a dangerous exercise."
    Michael Schumacher

why do I get the following message:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf03
    For some reason, from the first pic, it reminds me of the Carrera GT...and I still don't like the back of it. Hopefully, the coupe will be better.
    yah it reminded me of the CGT as well, but i do like the car all around i think that its very nice progress, and that anythnig more drastic would have been put down.

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Wow, a very well-executed design. Unlike the 996...

And how much is it in US $?
    its $68,655.42 USD
    and $99,336.36 AUD

OUCH!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by mipop35
    why do I get the following message:

"you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    Are you trying to make a new thread?

Is it possible to have the first pic in a higher res? When i saved it, it was half the size of the other 3 pics. Its resolution is 1000x748.
    "Please, just stop blabbering! If you want to blabber...go to supercars.net cause UCP aint gonna accept this kind of behaviour." - Gtek-i

http://junaman.wordpress.com/ New articles up.

Boxster (1024 x 768 & 1280 x 760)
    La beauté de l'esprit n'a d'égal que la sagesse de l'Homme

Boxster (1280 x 760 & 1600 x 1200)

Boxster S (1024 x 768 & 1280 x 760)

Boxster S (1280 x 960 - 1600 x 1200 & 1920 x 1440)
    Boxster & Boxster S (1280 x 760)

Repost.. All the pics and info about the 2005 Porsche Boxter and Boxster S were already posted by DP 2 weeks ago (from the porsche media site)

--> 2005 Porsche Boxster and Boxster S World Debut <--
    •·.·´¯`·.·• DarkPhenix •·.·´¯`·.·•
    •·.·´¯`·.·• Underground Sounds of Lisbon •·.·´¯`·.·•

Sorry DP, I remove them if you want

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhenix
    Repost.. All the pics and info about the 2005 Porsche Boxter and Boxster S were already posted by DP 2 weeks ago (from the porsche media site)

--> 2005 Porsche Boxster and Boxster S World Debut <--
    Hey, crackpipe. Look at the date of the first post in this thread. 2 weeks? Pshaw. YOUR'S is a repost. Go away.

PLUS: THE HIDE-OUT IS NOT MEANT TO COMPETE WITH THE REST OF THE FORUMS. IT IS A PERMANENT REPOSITORY FOR HI-RES IMAGES ORGANIZED IN A MANNER CONDUSIVE TO SEARCHING.
    Last edited by Matt; 10-11-2004 at 11:10 AM.

Thread Information