Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Falcon

well ive cut three rust holes out of the passenger side fire wall because the windshield was leaking and some asshole who had the car before me repaced the cammal hair body deadener with plain carpet which was really trapping the water and causing rust ive done the biggest plate nmextto the fire wall that plate took me 2 days to make and hammer into shape. and ive got 2 more to go when i can ill put photots up when i finish the patches.

oh, dude, rust is nasty. i feel for you if you have to deal with those problems.

Ok plate number 2 is inand ive started on number 3...slowly getting there.

Ok more pics of my falcon and a slight update on the car and myself i have recently gotten ajob at the used car section of the rolfe group (huge daler consisting of 9 dealersips alone in the area im working in) as a detailer/dogs body and as such have somemoney to throw about negotiations have started withmy father in buying the 351 clevland in his GT and im thinking of getting a prefessinal job done on the rust in the cills. And ive gotten plate number 3 hlaf done just needs some gringind to make it a good fit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your first car? Good choice. I always try to go with something a little different. Have fun with fixin it up. That's the second best part of it. The first is drivin, but it is so much better if you put the time and effort into it. As for the fruity guy, your the coolest. Almost as cool as Jar Jar Binks. Peace!
    2003 Cadillac CTS
    2000 Buell Lightning X1
    1990 Volvo 740 GLE Wag-on

Cheers. Well owning (o dreaming i have no idea in this case) A caddilac is pretty cool and buels are good bikes

theyres no doubt the xw/xy series falcons were the most popular amongst people.....if you do do it into a gt replica i would leave the rear spoiler off the car as i think they dont look as good........i have many pictures of my xygt......i just wish my scanner worked.......I even had "FORD GT" number plates........i would go for the clevo 351, as windsors are a smaller cube engine....(unless u can find a 351w) and they tend to run hot, theyres an abundance of parts the 351 clevo around aswell. Well im gonna try to hook up this scanner and get sum pics out

I dont know about the spoiler i quite like them but thats just me. Well My 302 windsor is a 2 barrel origonal from a fairmont my brother had he done me a great deal $150 for the incredibly tired engine (it could still run but i wouldent its a bit too clapped out) and a workable c4 (prefer a manual but its better then putting the bw 40 it currently has on BOOM ) I currently own this engine so i can fall back on it if idont get my fathers engine its a 351 clevland with a 30 thou overbore has forged pistons a 780 dp holley carbie a torker manifold ported 4v heads and a phase III (for those not in the know im not stateing mods like in gran tourismo but its a variation on the cam grind of the GTHOflacon phase III) style cam as well as the sump he modifed himself he built it to drag race in 78 but never got around too it the engine only has 2000 miles on it but it would still want a pull down and a clean up it was last started 3 years ago and was last driven in 81. Its still good and bench racing it would be good for around 500 (probly less) hp if i can get the exact head and cam specs as well as the manifold spec i could run it trhough our computerised Dyno.

500hp is alot to be playing around in with an XY, are you considering upgrading the transmission if you can get the engine off you dad or do you think the C4 can handle it? personally though if it was my car, i'd be looking around and trying to find what sorts of mods ford fitted as a result of the RPO83 program
    I am the Stig

The engine is supior to the ho motor in nearly every way and with an auto still got the same 12 mpg as the ho motor id rather get a top loader for it but if that wont happen ill shift kit the c4 and toughen it up untill i can get somthing that will take a hammering.

well i would consider upgrading to 4wd if you got 500hp on tap, i had around 320 hp and i had the finned "ho" drums rear and kelley hayes front discs as standard n the "ho", and after giving it a hammering in high revs and only in second gear, it was quite a fright trying to pull it up in a hurry if the rears locked up.....(which was a damn nusance with the finned,wider drums)...thats when i thanked god i had a manual box and had learnt to double clutch hehe

i think if i got given the keys to a 500hp XY, i wouldnt sto pa 4 wheel iscs, but also the best sports springs i could get, the strongest dampers, the widest rear wheels that would fit, just to name a few things
    I am the Stig

Im thinking of it beeing a bit of a sleeper of course itll be loud and will have wide rear tyers but i think ill stick to a setof 15 in trident wheels like john goss had on his XA. But im not really fussed about 4 wheel discs forstarters theywould need an engineers certificate because they were not even an option on the car and while the car would see some track work i dont think that it wont last a handfull of laps around a small hillclimb track and it could most certianly stop at the end of an 1/8 or 1/4 mile easily. And id just about have to mod the supension as well as the 4 point kind of cage they had in the HOs

well thats where this state differs from the eastern states, we dont have any compuslory car checks, only random checks when you get pulled over if the copper feels like defecting the car!i would find it odd that you need an engineers certificate to upgrade to rear discs as they are safer and no mods have to be done to install them, except the change of a handbrake cable i would imagine

Well the cage wouldent need enginering unlessui got any extra points added on the body had an option of a 4 point but no rear discs they have to findout if they were done right and you need the engineer to say its safe enough but getting that done also frees up moremods to be done too butilldeal with rear drums for now theybreak just as good as discs they have a lerger contact area and although they do fade theyll do fine on the road and lone hill climb tacks for now.

Thread Information