Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Beginnings

Humble Beginnings

I think it is safe to say that we are all auto-enthusiasts, maybe of varying degrees, some into the racing scene others into hot-rodding and/or restoration. I'm sure we all are dreamers and want that exotic in our garages.

Lets find out where we started from; list the 1st car you ever owned and if you are like me ... the 1st car you owned that actually made it to the street . Pix would definately be cool.

Mine was a 1977 Chevy Camaro RS white & black with a white vinyl interior, 305 auto .... I stole a "stop" sign from down the street to hammer and rivet into place as a front passenger floor . It never made the street ... but I sold it for $150 more than I paid for it ($400)

First car to make it onto the street was a 1973 Plymouth Satellite, horrible green color exterior and interior it had a 318 auto and ran beautifully. My friends and I worked on this car in the underground parking garage of my apartment, piecing together a new exhaust system from the local salvage yard, as a final touch we painted it black .... Tremclad black with rollers and brushes !!! ....didn't look bad in that lighting, but when it actually saw daylight ..... lmao, to call it embarassing is such an understatement, but hell I was only 18 and it was a "musclecar" least in my eyes back then.

Later.

Haha... my "humble beginnings" started a little more recently

See this page for details:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...=&threadid=152

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to metion... It should be on the streets before this summer But not quite yet...
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 10-01-2003 at 06:54 PM.

Good potential there ... I haven't seen a 914 on the street in yrs
    Keep posting pics.

Should have mentioned I'm 35 and I bought my 1st car when I was 17, so my "humble beginnings" started quite a while back .... funny how you remember every car you ever drew blood on tho ...lol

Later

i have yet 2 have humbel beginings. . . im 13
    lol

ah, my 1989 Dodge Ram 50....

well i started with a not quite brand spankin new 240sx in 96 and toyed around with it for a while then i got a really good deal on a 86 fiero gt and wanted to make a ferrari conversion of some sort so i started saving and got a way better job which opened up a whle new world of possibilitys (about a 2 monthes after i got my job i blew the fiero's motor so i put that on hold) after a while of looking i finaly found a decently priced decent condition FD that i traded my 240 in for and the rest is history. the fiero still sits in its rebuild but not running and not worked on in almost a year and a half state and i drive the 7. i want to get the fiero running so i can sell it and get back just a little bit of the money i put into it but everytime i get a little extra money i blow it on some stuff i probly could live without(turbos and the sort...) well anyway i want a bike so i can get some decent mileage out of a tank and have a little money left over for other things... namely making the 7 get even worse gas mileage
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

I always wanted a Fiero ... tho I don't honestly know why, other than the fact its a good looking, cheap mid-engine car with a ton of potential.

When I started this thread I was hoping to get some really cool and diverse stories from such a multi-cultural forum membership, until this morning I thought this thread had been condemned to die peacefully.

Thanx for giving it a second chance .... I was beginning to think most people were too embarassed to post anything on their first cars

Originally posted by NoOne
    I always wanted a Fiero ... tho I don't honestly know why, other than the fact its a good looking, cheap mid-engine car with a ton of potential.
    I don't think you need another reason!

i'm still 15 but i'll post a pic of my sweet ride when i get it.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

This was my first ride, it should be known in North America, because I saw one in Elkhardt Lake in 2001.
    Attached Images Attached Images

heya Henk, what is that car? ..... looks like it might be a Lada

heya Henk, what is that car? ..... looks like it might be a Lada
    Funny you should say that, I actually got my driving lessons in a Fiat 124, the European Car of the year in 1966, and which did continue its career as the Lada, which became one of the most successful cars ever produced. I spent four years in some of the former soviet republics, and the Lada was still the jack of all trades, and on top of that everybody could repair it. The ride however was quite mediocre.

My first car was the Renault 4GTL, (as shown) the final version of the car that started its career in 1961 with a three speed box and 850 cc. 18 years later it had got 4 speeds and 1100 cc. It could do 120 kph and average mileage was 16 km per litre.

I think you might have the "humblest" humble beginning ....so far anyway

I think you might have the "humblest" humble beginning ....so far anyway
    Just wait till somebody shows up with a 2CV or a Trabant

Originally posted by henk4
    Just wait till somebody shows up with a 2CV or a Trabant
    If you're going to look at it that way, my first "humble beginning" was a Red PowerWheels Corvette about a decade-and-a-half ago

Man, what a sweet ride.

Thread Information