Thread: Its all over it seems between Trulli and Renault

Its all over it seems between Trulli and Renault

http://f1.racing-live.com

Renault confirm Trulli split
    Thank-you and goodbye from both sides

Trulli and Flavio part ways with immediate effect

The Mild Seven Renault F1 Team and Jarno Trulli today announced that the Italian driver has been released from his obligations to the team with immediate effect. Trulli's early departure follows a mutual agreement that this course of action is in the best interests of both parties.

"Once again, we would like to thank Jarno for his contribution to the team over the past three years," stated Managing Director Flavio Briatore. "The team and Jarno feel that an early separation will allow both parties to conclude the year in the most positive way."

Jarno Trulli commented: "I am very comfortable with this decision. I would like to thank Renault for their support since 2002, and for the success we enjoyed together. I am grateful to the team for releasing me from my obligations, which will give me the opportunity to start with my new team sooner than expected."

The team will announce its driver line-up for the Chinese Grand Prix in due course.
    ------------------------------

Many reports are pointing the finger at Villeneuve as the possible replacement for the rest of the year. Now just to wait for the announcement from Toyota for Trulli and perhaps an announcemnt from Sauber or BAR regarding Villeneuve in 2005
    I am the Stig

will trulli replace Panis with immediate effect as well?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Villeneuve is testing with Renault today.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    will trulli replace Panis with immediate effect as well?

I doubt it. With the current situation though, at least Trulli will be able to set his feet in at Toyota before Melbourne...
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Villeneuve is testing with Renault today.
    so what will he be doing tomorrow?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

[14/09/04 - 21:02]

Jacques Villeneuve to test for Renault!
    Starting tomorrow at Silverstone

Villeneuve will start testing tomorrow

The Mild Seven Renault F1 Team this evening announced that French- Canadian Jacques Villeneuve will test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday.

Villeneuve conducted a seat-fitting at the team's Enstone base on Tuesday evening, and will begin acclimatising himself to the Renault R24 tomorrow at the Northamptonshire circuit.

Mild Seven Renault F1 Team Managing Director Flavio Briatore commented:

"We have reached an agreement for Jacques to test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday. This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix."

Press release
    Renault F1 Team
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    so what will he be doing tomorrow?
    hopefully flying home - I've never rated him as a driver or personality
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

[15/09/04 - 09:00]

It's a Trulli sour ending
    As Renault drop Italian

Could Trulli join Toyota for the Chinese GP?

The Renault Formula One team have parted company with Italian driver Jarno Trulli, the French outfit said on Tuesday, with three races in the 2004 world championship still to go.

Canada's 1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve will have two days of testing at Silverstone, England today and Thursday before a decision will be taken on whether Villeneuve or Renault test driver Frank Montagny will take Trulli's place.

"We have reached an agreement for Jacques to test for the team at Silverstone on Wednesday and Thursday," said team boss Flavio Briatore. "This test might lead to Jacques joining the team for the final three races of the season beginning next week at the Chinese Grand Prix."

Trulli, who won this year's Monaco Grand Prix, said last week that he has a contract to continue racing in Formula One next season - but refused to reveal which team has signed him up.

He is almost certain to move to Toyota, who have already signed Williams driver Ralf Schumacher for 2005 and with French driver Olivier Panis set to retire at the end of the season.

He said he was delighted to have been released from his contract. "From this evening I am part of my new team where I will begin very soon," Trulli stated Tuesday evening. "I am satisfied as Renault acquiesced with all my demands to my contract."

The places left available with the top six teams on the grid for 2005 are at BAR or Williams, depending on who wins the fight for Briton Jenson Button's services, and further down the grid at Sauber.

Trulli has become used to fighting at the front with Renault and has claimed two pole positions - including one at the last race in Belgium - and a total of 46 points this season. But signs of discord emerged after Sunday's Italian Grand Prix when Renault, who are bidding to retain their second place in the constructors' world championship this season, dropped to third three-points behind BAR- Honda.

Trulli finished a disappointing tenth in Monza after ninth in the previous race in Belgium after troubles with the handling, leading to criticism from Briatore that it was difficult to conserve their second place with just one competitive car - Spanish pilot Fernando Alonso.

Source AFP
    ----------------------------

maybe he will replace Panis for the rest of the year....
    I am the Stig

Thread Information