Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Versus 5th Gear which is better

Top Gear Versus 5th Gear which is better

What the better TV show I think 5th gear is ,not as self righteous and biased as Top Gear and Tiff could literally drive rings around That big dumb presumtuous Clarkson he couldnt drive a nail into a peice of woodIn 5th gear if a pommy car is a complete stiker thats what they call it and the Girl who is also a roadtester her accent drive ma a CRAZY.I think Top Gear is subsidized by the British Motor Industry.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

It's Funded By the BBC (topgear).But I prefer topgear it's more relaxed and it has a studio and BTW Topgear has the stig you forgot to compare him to Tiff,But you make it sound like Tiff and Jeremy are Enemy's this is in no way true. that's my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    What the better TV show I think 5th gear is ,not as self righteous and biased as Top Gear and Tiff could literally drive rings around That big dumb presumtuous Clarkson he couldnt drive a nail into a peice of woodIn 5th gear if a pommy car is a complete stiker thats what they call it and the Girl who is also a roadtester her accent drive ma a CRAZY.I think Top Gear is subsidized by the British Motor Industry.
    WHAT British Motor Industry

But it shoulnd't be a surprise that the British car makers produce cars that the British public like.
    Same in France, same in the US the world over. It's harder to make a car for somebody else !!!

Already pointed out comparing Clarkson and Needel is wrong. Stig should be.

Having seen Tiff over the years on track, he's not great. He was a resonably good FF driver but never really managed greatness in F3 or his short foray into F1. Worse, his BTCC was a joke and he's best remembered for having pushed Mansell into the wall at Donnington !!!! He now gets a little bit carried away with his own importance and club racers hope and pray they don't want a 'feature' on their series for 5th gear. Tiff gets kitted otu and causes carnage on the grid and in the races. They don't appreciate it as he ends up slowing down leaders while he's being lapped and for tapping folks who are racing. He's suffereing from Clarkson-syndrome himslef - carried away with his own self-importance

and forgot, Tom Ford, is a buffoon and a clown that makes Clarkson at his worst sound like Stirling Moss

But then there's VBH - no contest .... 5th Gear.
    But I'll watch Top Gear for the cars
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 09-16-2004 at 08:19 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Top Gear is the best dont care what u say its the best because on fith gear there is just car reviews but on topgear there are fun things like blowing up caravans an the stig an star in a reasonably priced car! as well as car reviews not forgetting the cool wall!

I love both programs, Top gear is great and 5th gear is great

i cant choose i think to top gear is funnier but 5th gear seems more informative on some issues.

Tiff is a great driver but so is the stig

@ Matra
    Tom ford wasnt in the last series so i dont think you need to bring him into this
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang
    @ Matra
    Tom ford wasnt in the last series so i dont think you need to bring him into this
    Thanks, Mustang, I'll maybe start looking out to watch it again.
    I just found him immensely irritiating, so much it overpowered my lust for VBH
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

i dont know i like them both the same
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

Quote Originally Posted by charged
    Who cares, get of the couch you lazy pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy
    Top Gear is the best dont care what u say its the best because on fith gear there is just car reviews but on topgear there are fun things like blowing up caravans an the stig an star in a reasonably priced car! as well as car reviews not forgetting the cool wall!
    Have you seen the episode where they crach the Volvo and BMW. And I thought Volvos were safe

To tell you the truth Ive never even seen Top Gear since they dont show it in the U.S. (or atleast on my teli'). And all the top gear vids you people post take forever to load on my PC. So, i guess my favorite is 5th gear
    eat cicada

top gear has the influence and the viewing numbers to get good cars,but i prefer the style of 5th gear,i dont like all the faffing around in the studio they do in top gear,the stupid talky bits that are meant to sound spontaneous but imo just sound awkward
    richard hammond is cool though,i like him,even if he does suck up to jeremy

on another note,lots of ppl here seem to konw about top gear and 5th gear which are british programs,yet i dont konw about any prgrams from overseas,are there ones(there must be)and are they any good?
    owner of the Best avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Worse, his BTCC was a joke and he's best remembered for having pushed Mansell into the wall at Donnington !!!!
    I remember Mansell losing it before the Old Hairpin and going over the grass cutting the corner, when he came back on the track he was almost sideways in front on Tiff giving him nowhere to go but hit him!! Hardly Tiffs fault!!

Tiff was later quoted to say "If I'd know he'd blame me, I'd have accelerated into him"

But I've seen him race at that 360 Challenge race on Google Video,he kept it clean.

I like Top Gear. It's funnier.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

The 360 Challenge is just abit of fun for millionaires, hardly competitive like any other GT racing is.

For an updated decision Top Gear still wins even though it hasn't been on all year because Fifth Gear have introduced us to Tim "punch me" Lovejoy who readily admits he knows nothing about cars and then it turns out he's scared to drive them quickly.

Tom Ford was the best presenter of the lot (and there is alot of them this series)
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Top Gear ftw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by h00t_h00t
    For an updated decision Top Gear still wins even though it hasn't been on all year because Fifth Gear have introduced us to Tim "punch me" Lovejoy who readily admits he knows nothing about cars and then it turns out he's scared to drive them quickly.
    God that guy's a tool.

Thread Information