Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow

Wow

This is sure a quite place, 3 threads!!! (now 4)
    This pointless thread makes up for 25% of all classic fourms
    Sad
    What kinda cars do you guys like anyway?

Re: Wow

Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
    Sad
    The name of the thread is like my thread (Wow!!!!!)sux,anyway
    Attached Images Attached Images

how about this one, Horch 853, my grandfather owned one during the fifties.

or this one, BMW 3200 Super

i dont relly like those i cars i like this one or other ones like them, it is a nice car

Originally posted by crasy_for_cars
    i dont relly like those i cars i like this one or other ones like them, it is a nice car
    what is your problem?
    its a classic cars thread
    im a big mercedes fan,but this SLR must get out of here

...he spelled his name wrong....

BANNED: I can see it coming
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Originally posted by SL500
    what is your problem?
    its a classic cars thread
    im a big mercedes fan,but this SLR must get out of here
    lol you know when SL500 is rejecting mercedes pics that there is a problem.

Re: Wow

Originally posted by 16-4Veyron
    Sad
    Could it be that classic cars are not all that interesting to most people. Or is it that the majority of people on this site are under 18 years old. Either way I never really understood the classic thing. Not unless it was something from the era that you may have driven and are on some nostalgia trip. Even so I would rather have my current car/s than anything I ever owned previously.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by crisis
    Could it be that classic cars are not all that interesting to most people. Or is it that the majority of people on this site are under 18 years old. Either way I never really understood the classic thing. Not unless it was something from the era that you may have driven and are on some nostalgia trip. Even so I would rather have my current car/s than anything I ever owned previously.
    Crisis, I am 54, I like classic cars, and (referring to your post about hated cars) I drive drive a diesel engined, FWD, French estate, with soft hydropneumatic suspension, Oh boy you must hate me, but I can live with that. It is fortunate the that guy who runs this site has inherited a few of my preferences, so the world gets to see other cars than just the latest.

Originally posted by 360evolution
    lol you know when SL500 is rejecting mercedes pics that there is a problem.
    hehehehehe-coz that pic is really old,from 99,the SLR CONCEPT !!
    and man its a classic cars thread,the 99 SLR?!

anyway,i luv mustangs(60's) very much.
    Last edited by SL500; 10-09-2003 at 09:34 AM.

Re: Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by henk4
    Crisis, I am 54, I like classic cars, and (referring to your post about hated cars) I drive drive a diesel engined, FWD, French estate, with soft hydropneumatic suspension, Oh boy you must hate me, but I can live with that. It is fortunate the that guy who runs this site has inherited a few of my preferences, so the world gets to see other cars than just the latest.
    My dear friend. I do not hate you for you choice in cars. Granted it is diametrically opposed to my own preference but we're talking cars here. I was reluctant to join that thread about hated cars but did so for a bit of fun. I dont care what anyone drives and the reason there are so many differing types of cars is that cars are not mearly forms of transport to people like us. My comment that classic cars were not that interesting to most people on this site seems to be valid when you look at the amount of threads dedicated to them. I do not think however that because I or anyone else is not interested, they should not be represented. I am 40 by the way so not far behind you.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

OH MY GOD !!!!

Originally posted by SL500
    hehehehehe-coz that pic is really old,from 99,the SLR CONCEPT !!
    and man its a classic cars thread,the 99 SLR?!
    i swear to God, i couldnt first beleive it when i read this !! there are points about this thread that make it probably the MOST interesting in any car-site forum !!

1) SL500 actually complaining about Mercedes pics ??!?!?!?!?

2) SL500 making a mistake in knowing which Mercedes the car in the pic is ??!?!?!??!?!!? This is the 2003 McLaren SLR and not the '99 concept he mentioned !!

I really cant beleive this.
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wow

Originally posted by crisis
    My dear friend. I do not hate you for you choice in cars. Granted it is diametrically opposed to my own preference but we're talking cars here. I was reluctant to join that thread about hated cars but did so for a bit of fun. I dont care what anyone drives and the reason there are so many differing types of cars is that cars are not mearly forms of transport to people like us. My comment that classic cars were not that interesting to most people on this site seems to be valid when you look at the amount of threads dedicated to them. I do not think however that because I or anyone else is not interested, they should not be represented. I am 40 by the way so not far behind you.
    I like your reply, and I agree that the majority of the visitors here is certainly half my age and possibly also half yours. I was not seriously thinking that you would hate me, I just found it remarkable that my car combines so many of the elements you appear to hate in them. As far as I know Australia has only a very limited automotive tradition, could that partly explain your lack of interest in classic cars? (you will now possibly come up with a whole range of cars that I have never heard of, but never too old to learn)

Re: OH MY GOD !!!!

Originally posted by Misho
    i swear to God, i couldnt first beleive it when i read this !! there are points about this thread that make it probably the MOST interesting in any car-site forum !!

1) SL500 actually complaining about Mercedes pics ??!?!?!?!?

2) SL500 making a mistake in knowing which Mercedes the car in the pic is ??!?!?!??!?!!? This is the 2003 McLaren SLR and not the '99 concept he mentioned !!

I really cant beleive this.
    I believe you're wrong and SL500 is correct. That pic is of the convertible SLR, which hasn't been confirmed for production, therefore it IS the concept model. Mercedes only had three SLRs in Frankfurt and all were coupes. there haven't been any production convertible images released on the press site yet.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Thread Information