Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: PETITION to reinstate Rep points.

ROFL!!! there was a fire alarm at work and all the kiddies got out onto the oval and played duck duck goose and other mad games (and here a premeptive shut up!) and then kindy teacher joined in and got beat by her kids was funny, idv given her food for her efforts but she kinda doesnt need it
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang
    How about a Karrmann for negative rep

Last edited by d-quik; 09-19-2004 at 07:43 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I dont think he was dissing winston, rather the look on his face shows a bit of neg feeling.

It is so obvious that the vast majority of you have not yet worked at a real job in the real world. You DON'T get credit for 90% of the good things you do in life. If you want credit for every nice thing you do, every nice thing you share and every nice comment you make, then maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and question whether your selfishness is completely out of control.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    It is so obvious that the vast majority of you have not yet worked at a real job in the real world. You DON'T get credit for 90% of the good things you do in life. If you want credit for every nice thing you do, every nice thing you share and every nice comment you make, then maybe you need to take a long hard look at yourselves and question whether your selfishness is completely out of control.
    Amen Matt!

i'm not on the forums much, and many of you may not recognize me at all. i'm certain that my moderator status is a result of my journalisitc contributions, since i'm not in here regularly enough to be effective, however i do have this to say:

i was excited for the first couple of days when the rep system started, looking around for worthy users to +1. i think i may have given out 2 or 3 rep points in those couple of days, and not one since then. not because i didn't think anyone deserved them, but because i thought it was a waste of time.

i've pm'd the occasional user to compliment them on a spectacular photo for example, (that they would have had to take themselves, as compared to finding one.)

I strive to do the best job i can at work for my own satisfaction. of course we all appreciate compliments and praise, etc for a job-well-done, but we don't expect to walk around with green squares floating above our heads showing the world how big our egos can get. a mature, intelligent person should be able to form their own opinion of another user within a few threads, if not a few posts.

my honest opinion would be to continue without any reputation system whatsoever. i will form my opinion of people by their comments or actions, not by what any other user has supposedly thought of their 'cool photo-chop of a lada niva'. on that note, i've formed some interesting opinions after reading all 320 posts in this thread, and i didn't need a rep system for that.
    Last edited by <AAA-MOD>; 09-19-2004 at 11:29 PM.
    aka: Rob Clements, Ultimatecarpage North American Correspondent
    "big durango", formerly known as the "MEDIA MASTER", (title now belonging to Matt)

Rob, that is what i've been trying to say.

I apologise for the Heated comments i had made earlier in the thread. But all i wanted to get across is that If you only want to do something if your going to be rewarded for it, then your not going to go far anywhere.

There was a lot of commotion about rep when it was first installed because of this exact reason: people obsessing over it.

I stand by my comments on Fair Weather Users, however; if all you wanted is rep, then you shouldn't have come here in the first place.

Thanks for sticking with us, the ones who have anyway. To have so much dissent over what is essentially a green box and a number....surprised me to say the least.

From what i've read of this thread it's time to shut it, it seems as though the situation is under control. We're working on a solution, as based on what you guys want, combined with what we want.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information