Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who is the Stig?

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I really don't see why people feel the need to know. I much prefer him as an unknown.
    It's cal;led journalism.
    And of course EVERYONE actually wanted to know who the Stig was but some didnt' believe it waoudl make any diffference. Those are two seperate points

Which TG are we talking about "Boring" ?
    The full on UK one or the neutured UK one for the US networks ?

Doesn't really surprise me that a furriner woudl not get most of the UK TG show in it's entirety. Ot's like complaining about Fox news on the Fox News Network ... what do you expect ? It's a British show, will ahve starts Brits care about and know and items that amuse and inform the target UK audience.

Top Gear is the opposite of boring for me. Torrent it and burn it to CD to watch on the tube every Sunday when the series is shown. I like the mucking around and miscellaneous adventures/challenges. If I wanted all tests and reviews I'd watch Fifth Gear and read evo.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I'm not talking about Star in the Reasonably Priced Car segments- I just skip over them because I don't know who they are anyway. But the stunt jumping segments? Lame. Mucking around way more than usual instead of testing cars (stupidly, but at least they test drive them). Lame.

And revealing who the Stig is? Lame too. Who cares? Takes the fun out of it.
    Agreed. Besides the SITRPC-segments aren't really that good even if you do know the guests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Which TG are we talking about "Boring" ?
    The full on UK one or the neutured UK one for the US networks ?
    The full on UK one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Top Gear is the opposite of boring for me. Torrent it and burn it to CD to watch on the tube every Sunday when the series is shown. I like the mucking around and miscellaneous adventures/challenges. If I wanted all tests and reviews I'd watch Fifth Gear and read evo.
    Don't get me wrong, it's still a show that I watch, waiting for that rare gem.

Looking at the list of episodes I almost forgot how much crap there were in the old ones too, so I'm not sure I can raise the point that I originally thought I would about their deteriorating quality.

The recent episodes feel like they are following a tight script, unlike before. Especially the pre-written clumsy jokes in the news segments etc.

There's always been ups and downs but apparently they decided that more mucking around was the way to go with less focus on actual cars and "journalism".
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    There's always been ups and downs but apparently they decided that more mucking around was the way to go with less focus on actual cars and "journalism".
    Which is a shame.

There still relatively recent episodes, that are just ace.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information