Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Stig?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pando; 01-19-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Pando, you win the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by Pando View Post
    LOL indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lord March denies being the Stig

Lord March denies being the Stig

Following wild speculation in the press over the last 24 hours about the true identity of ‘The Stig’, Lord March has today strongly denied that he is the mystery tame racing driver that races around the Top Gear track for the popular BBC TV programme, despite his fondness for occasionally zipping into his white racing overalls.

The Earl of March – patron of the UK’s most celebrated motor sport events – the Goodwood Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival – is an avid devotee of the cult BBC show, but strongly denies being The Stig, despite growing on-going website forum rumours.

Lord March is far too busy preparing for this year’s Festival of Speed (3-5 July) and Goodwood Revival (18-20 September) to make the weekly trek up to the Top Gear track to race around in supercars, preferring to drive a series of high-powered competition cars up his own driveway, the challenging Goodwood hillclimb.

Commenting on the recent rumours, the Earl of March says “I am very flattered that so many fellow petrol heads believe that I might be The Stig, but I am sorry to disappoint them. That said, I would relish the opportunity to drive a reasonably-priced car around the Top Gear track.”

Admission to both Goodwood motor sport events is by advance ticket only. Tickets and further information for the 2009 Festival of Speed and Goodwood Revival can be ordered by registering on-line at the ‘My Goodwood’ section of the Goodwood website (Goodwood Motorsport), or via the Ticket Hotline as follows:

Telephone: +44 1243 755055

Fax: +44 1243 755058

E-mail: [email protected]
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

It is I.
    I am the Stig.

I'm almost willing to put money down that the White Stig will stay. I'm expecting Ben Collins to appear on TopGear in some sort of segment or another, or maybe "Star in a reasonably priced car" and somehow racing against White Stig.

I'm not saying Ben Collins isn't the White Stig, but I think TG will try to get someone else to fill the role as Stig for a day and try to throw a curve-ball.

What better way of disproving Ben Collins as the Stig as having him and the Stig in the same place at the same time?

nah, Kooper, once it's out it's out.
    They'll come up with an "accident" and that'll be it .... end of "white stig".

Gotta love that stellar piece of marketing Wouter. NOBODY thought he was the Stig EVER, but by publishing a "denial" he can get press and forum coverage and advertise tickets for the festival for free. Smart move

I suppose you're right Matra. Then again, what stops TG from getting "a new Stig" and just getting Ben Collins again?

The new season should be interesting.

coz now any tiem Collins is anywhere the Stig refernces wil lbe getting chased up and he'll end up tailed until they can prove it.... UK tabloid press are the scum of the earth

Well that was a dumb thing to have said - thats likely ended a good Gig for Mr. Collins.

Oh well, should be a spectacular end for White stig.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

It couldnt have lasted forever though. It certainly didnt for Perry McCarthy.
    I am the Stig

Last edited by ErWin76; 01-23-2009 at 04:35 PM.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    coz now any tiem Collins is anywhere the Stig refernces wil lbe getting chased up and he'll end up tailed until they can prove it.... UK tabloid press are the scum of the earth
    I really don't see why people feel the need to know. I much prefer him as an unknown.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I don't know if anyone has realized it yet, but Top Gear is boring now.

I'm not talking about Star in the Reasonably Priced Car segments- I just skip over them because I don't know who they are anyway. But the stunt jumping segments? Lame. Mucking around way more than usual instead of testing cars (stupidly, but at least they test drive them). Lame.

And revealing who the Stig is? Lame too. Who cares? Takes the fun out of it.

I would repeat myself, last time I saw TG was an episode during which they crossed an African desert. funny stuff, marginally ca related tbh.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information