Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New A.C.O. / FIA Rules

New A.C.O. / FIA Rules

Does anybody know something about the new rules, that should be released for 2004?

When they donīt do it in the next time it will be to late for the teams to build cars ( for that it is probably to late).

and whats with the old cars like the R8, i heared they should be allowed to race in le mans 2004.

as far as i know .. yes .. they will run R8 .. private teams
    also the MG or Zytek car will also be in LPM1 . unless they wil modifie them and take them to 750kg .. also LMP will have some tunnels under the car . reducing some effects . so it is rumoured to be a little slower
    as far as GTS is .. they will run 2002 restrictors
    There is no terrible way of winning
    there is just winning

do you know any details of the reglement? like is it allowed to run with 4.0 turbo engines and so on?

yes as far as i know it max4.0 V8 turbo or 6.0 litre NA ...
    check www.mulsannescorner.com for more info .. and i think it should be on the FIA website also .. off course the FIA rules ..
    http://www.mulsannescorner.com/2004_...ONS_LMP_GB.pdf
    http://www.mulsannescorner.com/258A-2004.pdf
    direct links ...
    there is just winning

Hey man, you are greate!!!!!!!

Just read the rules.
    They stopped the small prototypes. Is it allowed to built a closed small one??

Interesting thing with diesel engines but i donīt think 2004 will be a producer for this cars.

What are the differences about the engines in LMP1 (accept Restrictors, they lost 10% to last year, right?) about the pressure for supercharged engines?

don't think so .. about close LMP750 .. and don't know about stoping them .. they will be slower . probably in 1-2 year slower then GTS ..
    anout Diesel .. just after LeMans this year i heard a rumor about Ricardo&Judd .. thinking of builind a Diesel .. .. and Audi is said to build an R9 for 2005 ..
    restrictors in 2004 i think will stay the same .. but GTS will be back to 2002 size ..
    there is just winning

Now when the 675`s (750) get competetive they stop them. When these cars get slower then the GTS they should stop them racing!! I anyway donīt understand why there were built the 675 a few years ago. I think the interests of the spectators will be on the big LMP and on the GTS. these are the series manufactors want to race in.
    Are the 2002 restrictors smaller then zhe 2003?? GTS

bigger .. and from 2005 i think they will allow carbon fibre GTS cars ...
    675 .. indeed what a bit strange . couse they were not compatible with SR2 cars from the FIA ..
    there is just winning

they hope that the new super cars like carrera gt, enzo and so on will challange. but that means that they donīt build a prototype! i think the manufactors will prefer the gts because there they are racing with street cars.
    isnīt the pagani zonda a carbon fibre car? but as i heard it has no chance against the C5-R aand so on at seebring.

The next le mans in 2004 seems to be boring in the LMP 900 category because of the top teams only Audi will run with some private R8 and i donīt know anybody to stop them, because there are no private bentleys.

againts the C5 ... lol .. maybe you sould say 550 .....
    also .. the GTS "supercars" .. carbon fibre cars .. can go for the overall win . if they want .. meaning could run in GTP class .. with 900 kg ..
    there is just winning

thats very intresting!!
    but means no future for the GTP

do you know anything about private bentleys, i not but who knows...
    i think in 2004 the GT class will be very interesting. the gap between porsche and ferrari is so close...
    do you know anything about other GT cars except the don panoz car (forgotten the name) which is too slow or the TVR cars?

hope to see this in 2005

no no . the GTP class . its the one that many contructors intend to build .. the new GTS cars . in GTP form .. wil be faster then the full GTS cars .. but still will not have the pace of the GTP .. but can challenge if they run without problems ...

the Panoz GTR-1 . will make it's final race at LM 1000km . this november .. and Panoz is building a GTS car . using a Audi turbo engine ...

the news about TVR are not great .. or Morgan ..

GT in 2004 .. lately the Ferrari outpaced the GT3-RS .. but LeMans is a different race ... they will need more development ... maybe it will be on pace ...
    there is just winning

will there be a new class for the carbon fibre GTS cars?
    one for the "old" and one for the "new" ones?

i think that Lambo will challenge the GT class, too.

maybe not with support from Audi and so on but maybe some private teams will build a real race car out of the challange Gellardo. The small teams like TVR and Morgan, i think they run out of competition because they are too slow. the only "private"
    car which could get a chance in a few years will be the Spyker C8,
    because they have planned this a long time...

The panoz GTR-1 projekt is stopped after only one year?
    the car was not competetiv, yet but this is not cars fault.

I heard the team GO from JAP. will race with 2 R8 at le mans 2004

no it;s not a different class . but different regulations .. those cars have less modifications then the road cars. and the numbers in wich they have to build them is lower
    i think its team Goh .. and they had one this years too
    there is just winning

Thread Information