View Poll Results: What sort of Girl do you want with your car?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real nice blond "oooh cute car" attitude

14 41.18%
  • Real nice Redhead/Brunette "oooh cute car" attitude

6 17.65%
  • Real nice Asian "nice wing and chromies" attitude

5 14.71%
  • Girl next door "what made you pick the diesel over the fossil fuel" ideas

5 14.71%
  • If she's got axle grease under her nails sign me up!

4 11.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girls and Cars

Girls and Cars

So, I don't see enough girls around cars, and most of the ones I do see seem to be there with the car only for status. I know there must be women out there who love cars for being cars not status symbols and I was wondering if they ever felt intimidated (sp?) or unwelcome around cars and us guys who love them. And so this thread contains the mandatory amount of sexistness I've set up a poll to see what girls guys like with their cars.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

i know a few girls that arnt lost as soon as the hood is poped, but i know even more "tire biters" that thisnk "oooooo red, fast, wow..." if a girl looks good and can hold a decent conversation about cars im hooked lol but thats few and far between
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Re: Girls and Cars

Originally posted by mechanixfetch
    So, I don't see enough girls around cars, and most of the ones I do see seem to be there with the car only for status. I know there must be women out there who love cars for being cars not status symbols and I was wondering if they ever felt intimidated (sp?) or unwelcome around cars and us guys who love them. And so this thread contains the mandatory amount of sexistness I've set up a poll to see what girls guys like with their cars.
    Here
    Attached Images Attached Images

Years ago, back when I was in my early 20's, there was this girl who was always hanging out with us guys and our cars, nothing fantastic to look at, but she knew when to sit back and listen and always asked good questions.

For the longest time most of the guys thought she was "their" groupie, she taught those guys a lesson after asking me and 2 of my best friends for help with a project.

Her project ended up being a 1970 Chevelle with a 350 in it, she had bought it a few weeks before letting anyone know. The car itself was in really nice shape, straight body with headers, duals and an aluminum intake with a holley carb.

She had asked for help in installing a bigger camshaft before letting the rest of the guys see the car, when she did there was mixed reactions, some of the guys started to ignore her, unable to deal with the fact she had a quicker car than they did, but most of them were cool about it, especially after finding out she had seen the car in the local auto-trader mag and had gone by herself to buy it and that she did all the fluid changes herself including rear end gear oil !!! (Those of you who know, will know there is no fluid that smells as bad).

By the end of summer she had taken it down the track and gotten pretty consistent high 13's out of it.

Anyways she ended up being the coolest girlfriend I ever had, not the girlfriend I married, but definitely the coolest girl I've ever known. Last I heard of her she was working the parts counter at the local BMW dealership .... guess she moved out of my league.

A girl i go to school with is a true stunner and she does most of her own work on her car shes a top shelia too real friendly and as i said really nice to look at her and her toyota hilux ute. and their is another shes a bit of a tomboy but shes a top shelia too really nice and does most of her work on her own cars one which happens to be a v8 powerd datsun"sigh" women any man would be proud of.
    The first one in the ute owes me a drag race too but she backed out

hmmm...girls and cars.... i think i'm with eggnog on this

I can't seem to find any girls who are actually into cars. Sh.t, i don't know many guys who have ever seen the inside of a pushrod v-8 or even what a pushrod is. Back to the point, most of the girls I know who are "into" cars are like "oh yeah i like the mclaren blah blah blah ferrari's blah blah blah I know about cars blah blah blah wait what are headers?" In essence, they know nothing, but try to look like they do. And a girl who knows about cars is damn sexy, seriously. This one girl the other night comes in and looks at all the damned pictures i have saved and she's all oohing and ahing....but I'll be damned if she knew the difference between a 917 and a gt40. Cute though
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

What you just said there sandwich reminds me of when my brother was working in the jewl petrol station and there was this shelia who bought a 4 liter container of oil she came back in after ten mins and then bought a further 4 liter she then came in coomplaining her car wouldent start and she filled the bastard until she saw it under the rocker cover

There are plenty of stories of girls filling engines full of oil. A friend of mine did it when I was younger. Really guys forget worrying if girls are into your cars. Its nice to have an interest that doesnt concern them that you can escape to every now and then. It also helps when you have to explain the new bits you bought without having to admit how much you really paid for them.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

a friend of mines girl fried took his fathers truck for a drive and decided to get some gas, thinking that all big trucks ran on diesel she filled it acordingly the problem was it wasnt... lol
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

A little knowlege can be dangerous. That a female new about dirty smelly old diesel is surprising enough but for that knowlege to be her downfall!

Well if they at least have intrest thats at least somthing i hope if i get a missus she at least likes my car if she doesnt stiff shit ive owned my falcon since i was 14 there is no hope in hell its going away.
    And on that note ive got mates who wouldent know their arse from their elbow when it comes to cars the shelias i mentioed beofre no doubt no more its easy to put up with them i think of it from the point of view at least their enthusiastic about cars.

I know one chick that works on her car, she drives an early 90s BMW coupe, and she is nothing special. Anyway, 90% of women know nothing about cars.

Women shoud stick to baking my pies, and looking good.
    Tdot owns you.

Originally posted by Nash
    I know one chick that works on her car, she drives an early 90s BMW coupe, and she is nothing special. Anyway, 90% of women know nothing about cars.

u dont wanna say that at the "girls are better than guys in everything" website forum !!
    ----R.I.P----
    "Misho Ratio"
    2003 - 2004

Originally posted by Nash

oooooohhhhhh carful mate youll get shot really you will lol
    I think its ok for women to have an intrest in cars there is nothing wrong with it. You worried they may be better at it then you? if their into it let them enjoy and if their not each to their own.

OK maybe girls and cars can go together
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information