Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Uber-Golf: The evolution.

He man, that's a nice car you have there. Reall smooth. not fancy but real good. I myself like the body kitts, not to wide, but enough, but a nice lcean job I always like.

Great work.

Greetz from Bad Dragon
    The Nordschleife, Heaven on Earth, ride like Hell with the Ring Dragon ( BMW 320i tuned )
    and
    Tuning, fun for the boys with the Street Dragon ( Opel Calibra 2.0 16v tuned )

looking better and better everytime i pop my head up in here

really like the tails, im getting M3 looks next week aswell, and i hope they still have the clear red/white ones without that chrome strip, that just doesnt fit the car at all! Good job on painting them black.

now if you would excuse me, i would like to show off my project golf aswell
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Got the knob installed today. I cut down the shifter an inch initially, but the Mk4 knob is taller than the Mk3 one. So after a short drive, I decided I needed to hack some more off. Another 3/4" gone and it's perfect. The throws (especially 4-5) are so much easier and quicker now. Plus there's the appearance factor. The stock knob was so... boring. I'm gonna shut up now and show the pictures.

1. Initial cut point. Move it down another 3/4" and you have where I ended up.
    2. Pipe cutter
    3. and 4. Final product
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

One from the back seat, and I've never done the Egg Nog test, so today's as good a day as any.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

thats looking very nice, now if i could only find myself a mk4 gearknob with R-1-2-3-4-5-6 on it, and a gearbox attached, then im sold too

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

It was nicer out than it has been today, and I wanted to play with my new camera. So I got the car washed and found a cozy little place to set up my tripod. I'm still getting used to using the manual controls on the 300D.

Next update will probably be Wednesday. That's the projected delivery date of my Autotech rear strut bar. It's 28mm wide, T6 aluminum. And it won't take up a lot of hatch space. Not that there's much to being with, after I dropped the sub box in.

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Great going. But what will you do to the motor. VR6? Big turbo? Both? Maybe take a look at this for what to aspire to. 202 mph. 550 horsepower. 3.2 second 0-60. In a fully type-approved golf.
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

After I get my tax refund check from last year, I'll pay off what I owe on the car. Then I have free reign over what happens to it.
    The plan right now goes like this: find a VR, find somewhere to store it (hoping my uncle'll let me use his garage), send the block out to be bored to 3.0L, start piecing together a turbo setup- specifics to be decided, some hot cams, 3" turbo back exhaust, ported throttle body and head. The turbo will probably be very conservative. I'm only looking for ~225whp. And 2.8L VR's with basic mods and little to no head work regularly put down 200whp. It'll be very drivable.

Perfection would be a 3.0L turbo VR with a 6 speed swap out of a Mk4. But I have to look up if that transmission will bolt up.

HPA is a little out of my pricerange.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    After I get my tax refund check from last year, I'll pay off what I owe on the car. Then I have free reign over what happens to it.
    The plan right now goes like this: find a VR, find somewhere to store it (hoping my uncle'll let me use his garage), send the block out to be bored to 3.0L, start piecing together a turbo setup- specifics to be decided, some hot cams, 3" turbo back exhaust, ported throttle body and head. The turbo will probably be very conservative. I'm only looking for ~225whp. And 2.8L VR's with basic mods and little to no head work regularly put down 200whp. It'll be very drivable.

Perfection would be a 3.0L turbo VR with a 6 speed swap out of a Mk4. But I have to look up if that transmission will bolt up.

HPA is a little out of my pricerange.
    Nice Plans, about 5 years ago, i used a 2.9Vr6 for a project car, engine was shipped to the uk, and came back with 285 NA (!) horsepower. Brutal force, and Vr's make the nicest sounds. To bad something went wrong with that engine, wouter knows the whole flying valves story

Btw, your car is shiny

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    Nice Plans, about 5 years ago, i used a 2.9Vr6 for a project car, engine was shipped to the uk, and came back with 285 NA (!) horsepower. Brutal force, and Vr's make the nicest sounds. To bad something went wrong with that engine, wouter knows the whole flying valves story
    What all did you have done to get almost 300hp? It couldn't have been just a bored out block. I'd suspect a lot of headwork, and probably FI.

Btw, your car is shiny
    It's amazing what Photoshop can do.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    What all did you have done to get almost 300hp? It couldn't have been just a bored out block. I'd suspect a lot of headwork, and probably FI.
    the engine went over to an English company called Dubsport (www.dubsport.com) And he did a whole lot of work on it, the engine came back with a whole lot of Schrick written on the engine. I had a big list of what he changed on it, but i gave it to the new owner when i sold the car (engine wasnt intact anymore at that point )

you should see some of his project cars, he has a rear wheel drive MK1 3.0 Vr6 Turbo engine in it, 440 bhp!!!

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

It's snowing in Pennsylvania...

And I was the only idiot outside working on his car. I got my Autotech bar today. UPS must've had fun with it on its cross country trip. The box was more than a little crushed. The bar was fine though. It's like 15*F here. I wasn't going to do it today. But then boredom set in. So off I went.

The piece itself is simple. It's a 28mm wide piece of aluminum. Or aluminium for you crazy English people (the things Alan de Cadenet will teach you). Each end has a U-bolt held on by washers and a bolt. The center has a 2-way adjuster. Installing it was a little harder. The directions said I had to bend 2 tabs that hold a plastic panel in, to get the bar across. What they didn't tell me was I'd have to take a hammer to them to get them to lay flat. After that it was pretty easy. Just cold. Then it started snowing. The plastic pieces on top don't quite fit perfectly now. I'm going to trim them on a warmer day.

Pic of the bar, a couple installed pics. None during, it was snowing and I was cold.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

What does that bar do ?

Hatchbacks have a huge hollow space inside. Under cornering, the body rolls on itself. The bar is there to keep it from doing that.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

Patrick says:
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

your car will handle so much different now, do you have one in the front aswell? thats a reall handling changer!

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League

Thread Information