Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cool Vector videos

cool Vector videos

check them out

Vector music Video

a 2 minute long college of vectors racing it has cool footage of the WX3 racing a couple of grand touring cars.

Vector tv commercials

a couple of TV commercials of the 80s that used the W2's futeristic styling to sell their products the first one seems 82ish and the otherone seems to be late 80's (I can tell by the way the W2 looks, hey I have the biggest knowledge of Vectors than everyone on this board, so trust me. )

Discovery channel's beyond 2000 TV show- Vector WX3 segmant

this is Discovery Channel's old show beyone 2000 that aired in the 90's (I think it is gone now) this 6 minute movie is the segament on the Vector WX3 it shows clips of it being built and it driving and in the building scenes I thingk I saw a glimpse of "the man" (Wiegert) you take a good look and see what you think

all of these moves are from Vector's offical website

Damn, those commercials look more like their from the 80's. Espcially, that last one.

Music video is awesome, and Beyond 2000 did a great with that car. It definately does look beyond 2000. Anyways, are there only 2 models made, and what are they? If you don't mind me asking, that is.

yes this is why there is so

Wiegert created 2 the WX3 and the WX3R(convertible) e was planning to build 20 a year and charging $800,000 but he was Fired a week after showing them off at a motor show. that's why production never got in progress. Wiegert the took the Avtechs and formed Avtech Motors which changed to Vector Supercars when Vector Aeromotive (the company Wiegert was fired from) went bankrupt. it is today Vector motors and a new car the WX10 is in the mist.

From what i understand Investors got a Little bit ancy when the suggested uptake of the car was not realised, Gerry doesn't like criticism and had a major falling out with the people funding his dream, possibly not the smartest thing......

considering there are only 17 WX3/WX3 R's around, it's amazing they are such god cars to some people..

A Question arises; during the supercar boom of the late 80's, when you could have a Ferrari f40 or Porsche 959, why would you waste your hard earned money on an untested, unknown manufacturer. It might look good, i'll give it that, but it's not wonder it failed really, same problem as the Cizeta V16.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

well from what I have heard the W8 was Dyno tested and conformed to go 200 MPH+.

Here i am thinking Dynos do power and torque measurements, can they also measure top speed.

Plus, if they can, the car is standing still, once aerodynamics come into play the car will rise and become floaty, the front of it is too small and the rear too heavy.

but look

late in production a front scoop was added to improve the aerodynamics and to keep the car on the ground IB4R

....But only after the car suffered stability problems that prompted it. I'm not saying all cars are perfect, but if you've got a high-speed car like this you should have it perfect, thats why the Veyrons taking forever; it's not perfect.

well hhno exotic car is perfect

a man working for car and driverr complained that he injured himself trying to get into the freakin thing.

there were many complaints about discomfort against the Countach.

people complained about heat problems in the Muria.

And the lift problems, but that was the start of the craze, it was, in effect, a test car.

and the Countach was not designed for comfort. but stuck to the road.

most exotics are difficult to get into, it should have nothing to do with the cars stability.

well also the lister storm had Vector like handling problems cause it was so wide and heavy.

It's a typical supercar but i can't help thinking your just making excuses for it, the fact remains it's a dissapointment.

all supercars have goods and bads, so quit aiming the bads just at Vector

also
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Wheels (a book)
    the Countach became a pardoy of it's self late during it's production run with the scoops and huge wing

wow, those cars are absolutley insane, the dash looks like its out of a 747 with all those bits and bobs. Nice find.

I'm not, i'm saying all cars have faults, i guess i fail to see the appeal of the Vector, but, judging by sales figures, i would suggest i am not alone.

Thread Information