Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Presidential Debate

Presidential Debate

I'm watching it as I type. So far this is how it goes:

-Bush = Moron son of a Moron

-Kerry = Has surprised me, the guy is smarter than I thought. Hopefully this debate will change some minds.

Bush tries to evade the questions answering with some dumb facts. He keeps claiming that Irak = Terrorism.

Waiting for comments now or as soon as the debate is finished.

I'm waiting for the physical fight

watchin it too. i just hope kerry doesnt mess up.
    is it just me or is bush repeating everything he's already said?

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    watchin it too. i just hope kerry doesnt mess up.
    is it just me or is bush repeating everything he's already said?
    Yes he is, he's just TOO stupid. Kerry has by far better answers.

BTW The face of Bush when Kerry answers is just hilarious.

kerry may have better speech writers, but bush doesnt need them, hes proved he can handle an attack on the country, what has kerry done? voted for then against the war? he just said "we spent too much money in iraq" then said "we should have spent more money in iraq to give the troops prper protection" and stuff like that, maybe he should make up his mind?
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Hmmm, Bush has never lost a debate, interesting little factoid for you.

I don't know why Kerry Bothered, even if he did win the Recounts would always make Bush the winner.

Perhaps you've been foxed, My Porsche. The comment could have been not spending enough on troop protection, then having the budget for the war blown out as it had. Perhaps the money isn't going where Kerry thinks it should.

Bush is not as dumb as he is made out, like Jessica Simpson. Kerry is an intelligent man, and I hope he can change peoples minds about having such a blatantly biased president.

I'll probably get flamed by Werty again for "meddling in the United States of America's business", but frankly, I don't like Bush, I can't change the situation, but i can say something.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    kerry may have better speech writers, but bush doesnt need them, hes proved he can handle an attack on the country, what has kerry done? voted for then against the war? he just said "we spent too much money in iraq" then said "we should have spent more money in iraq to give the troops prper protection" and stuff like that, maybe he should make up his mind?
    I'm sorry, he can handle an attack?? By attacking the wrong country back?

It's like Kerry said. "It's like invading Mexico because of the Pearl Harbor attack"

Nuclear plants werent protected... but the oil company building sure was.. what about those facts??

Come on, look at the guy man. Forget you are from Texas and focus on how idiotic this guy is...

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx
    I'm sorry, he can handle an attack?? By attacking the wrong country back?

It's like Kerry said. "It's like invading Mexico because of the Pearl Harbor attack"

Nuclear plants werent protected... but the oil company building sure was.. what about those facts??

Come on, look at the guy man. Forget you are from Texas and focus on how idiotic this guy is...
    niko, you just took the words out of my mouth.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I did see that story of the people who looted a barrel of Nuclear waste and used it as their dining table, that was sad.

if it had been an oil barrel they'd have been shot. But the U.S. has enough waste, it seems to come from the mouth of their Pres.....

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    Hmmm, Bush has never lost a debate, interesting little factoid for you.

I don't know why Kerry Bothered, even if he did win the Recounts would always make Bush the winner.

Perhaps you've been foxed, My Porsche. The comment could have been not spending enough on troop protection, then having the budget for the war blown out as it had. Perhaps the money isn't going where Kerry thinks it should.

Bush is not as dumb as he is made out, like Jessica Simpson. Kerry is an intelligent man, and I hope he can change peoples minds about having such a blatantly biased president.

I'll probably get flamed by Werty again for "meddling in the United States of America's business", but frankly, I don't like Bush, I can't change the situation, but i can say something.
    I wasnt going to say anything in this thread, but then you just had to drag me into it.

Look, everyone on this site has their own rights to their opinions, whether about cars or politics. I dont care what you or some others think about America or my President. The only thing that bothers me is when people disrespect President Bush, or Americans in general, by the way UCP members have labeled us as ignorant etc etc. I have not once said anything rude or disrespectful about your country or leadership or ANYTHING!

I would only ask of you to be respectful in the way you (describe, speak of, etc.) my country, my countrymen, and our President.

If you dont think President Bush is the right candidate, then say it that way. You shouldnt have to tear him down with harsh words to get your point across to me or others here on UCP.

btw, im not just directing this soley at you ibfr, i think this goes for everyone.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

It was a flippant comment about my general disregard for the man, i don't like him, not your country, not your politics, him. the person, the mouthpiece, whatever you want to call him.

Your right in saying you don't say anything bad about other leaders (That i've seen, but i digress) but your man holds the most important position in the world at the moment, controls the biggest-budgeted army and has control over the worlds largest economy. He needs to be better than human, but he ends up coming off childish.

If you can find in my comment where i called Americans rude and ignorant, let me know. Stop being a victim.

Lets leave it at that and back to the task at hand; do you guys have the "Worm" in America, a little digital line that measures audience approval/disapproval?
    Last edited by IBrake4Rainbows; 09-30-2004 at 07:30 PM.

"I would only ask of you to be respectful in the way you (describe, speak of, etc.) my country, my countrymen, and our President.

If you dont think President Bush is the right candidate, then say it that way. You shouldnt have to tear him down with harsh words to get your point across to me or others here on UCP. "

...says werty
    i think bush is a bumbling fool who's a wee ignorant. as an american, im going to exercise my rights and say proudly: president bush has made the wrong decisions. and you saw him in the debate. his only attack was the same one he used every single tinme before. and its ineffective.
    im almost going to go as far as to say that I'm ashamed about my president.
    these are my opinions (coming from a massachusetts liberal) please respect them

edit: ib4r, no we dont, or at least not at this one

Werty, comments about Americans being ignorant generalize too much. I too don't like that kind of comments.

But ask for respect towards Bush is kind of hard.... because he lost it HIMSELF.

This thread was to talk about the presidential debate, I hate to see that it already spoiled and we are talking about the same stuff as always.

Can we get back to topic? Comments on the debate please.

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    I I have not once said anything rude or disrespectful about your country or leadership or ANYTHING!
    Sorry Werty, I just couldn't resist here, but I have the impression that many Americans don't comment on our leaders, because they have no clue who they are.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I missed the debate!!! I was on my way home. CNN and BBC World are showing recaps of the debate. Niko is right, Bush is just saying the same things he's always said he's not explaining the rasionale behind his policies.

Kerry seemed more confident, had facts that Bush couldn't rebuttle, example: When Kerry accused bush of developing bunker busting nuclear bombs while at the same time presuring other countries to downsize or eliminate their nukes, Bush looked unsettled and couldn't deny what Kerry said...the best he could do is say "My opponent is against these missiles."

It's my hope that Bush lost votes tonight and more in the comming debates.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

It's funny how when Republicans are debating politics, they say "so what" when their candidate does anything critically wrong, and then turns around and tries to make huge issues out of minor things that the Democrats do...

I posted this a little while ago, but I'm not sure who saw it and who didn't... this is for my_porsche...

----------
    my_porsche:

I realize that you are coming from a Texan background and up-bringing, and I realize the values that you have almost certainly been brought up with.

It's difficult to ask you to question all of the pro-Republican frenzy that surrounds you, but it's very important. A person shouldn't grow up seeing only one side of the story.

In general, in North America:

Right-wing (Conservative) governments tend to:

• Favour corporations and the economy
    • Keep Christian values relatively close at hand
    • Have foreign policies that favour maximum home economic growth

These things are at the expense of:
    • The lower (and often middle) classes at home
    • The environment
    • Victims of foreign policy (various, there are many)

True* Left-wing (Liberal) governments tend to:
    • Favour equality for its citizens (financially, socially, etc.)
    • Pay attention to the environment
    • Treat the world's largely poor population with respect and care

These things are at the expense of:
    • At-all-costs home economic growth
    • Immediate financial gains
    • Global power gains

The decision of personal political stance, of course, is up to you. I encourage you to see all sides of the story at every opportunity, and to avoid known propoganda sources (from the left and right) whenever possible.

Thanks for reading this (I hope you did ),

-Shawn (Egg Nog)

*Neither the Canadian "Liberal" party or the USA's Democratic party should really be considered "Left-Wing". They are both much more centrist than anything else.

Thread Information