Thread: radio station pulls tv ad over some complaints

radio station pulls tv ad over some complaints

"local radio station z95.3 has pulled one of its new television ads after getting complaints from some b.c. nurses. the ad features actors portraying male and female nurses singing and dancing to a kylie minogue song, in images reminiscent of one of the pop artist's videos. the premise behind the campaign was that great music has an infectious way of taking over. but several b.c. nurses have complained about the commercial, calling it disrespectful and saying it portrays nurses in an unprofessional manner. the station agreed to voluntarily pull the ad."

what do you think of this 30 seconds tv commercial for a local radio station that plays pop music? i thought it was humourous and hilarious. the nurses are making a big deal over a little thing. the advertising agency who made the commercial is getting free publicity. here is the link to the ad, i also include their other tv ad.

right click and save as

http://www.z95.com/upload/tv_spot_hospital.mov

http://www.z95.com/upload/tv_spot_diner.mov
    = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Side note: Z95.3 is easily Vancouver's most irritating music station... if you're ever in the area, don't bother tuning in

Clearly they've a theme goign in their ads and I think it's mildly humouous.

I'll bet many of the nurses smiled at the cook's ad !!!!

Sounds like some have a chip on their shoulder because of the sex industries potrayal of nurses. But it also distorts waiters, policeman, firemen and mechanics ( just never seen them do computer nerd )

All I can add is "get a life guys" and don't know about Canada but in the UK the nurses always had and still do have the wildest parties So it looks "in character: ( my sister, neice and sister-in-law were/are nurses !! )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information