Thread: Initial D

Initial D

anyone ever watched this japanese cartoon before? It is about racing and it is no kids show. This series has a good story about a racer called Takumi who is a daily driver who can drive insane and drift insane and he doesn't even like it. It is his job because he is a speed delivery boy. His father on the other hand is the best drifter in all of the city. but because he is old, He now needs to teach his son who is still in highschool his techniques.

http://carfreaks.b0nk.net/InitialD/

Here are the episodes for season 1. Season 4 just came out so you can find it some places.

For most people

If you don't understand japanese then put on the subtitles. The subtitles are in english so read along.

i watched it before.
    its ok.... i got bored after a while

I have all of it to date, got series 4 ep 6 yesterday...
    i love it

but you got some things wrong Chinky, hes a tofu delivery guy for his dads tofu shop, he didnt realise he was good until he accidently beats the local racing teams rival teams no 2 driver Keisuke. Bunta (Takumis dad) doesnt teach him techniques he only guides him and advises him. Bunta is a legandary street racer not drifter i could go on but ill stop now...

initial d is awesome!
    The Datto will rage again...

They have an initial D arcade game .. on the P&O Channel Ferry when I go and get some cheap booze Im always playing it .. its quite realistic and has MR2's and other nice Jap cars. I want it for my PC

i dont think realistic is the word for it exige
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

ive herad these are very good, thanks for the link, guess wot i'll b doing tomorro...

The arcade version no2 just arrived at my place, im hookin it up soon, i bought the PC version, it sux, might have been good in 1992! i wanna know where i can get a actual arcade console to buy... anyone know?

its realistic for an arcade game ... still cant beat good ol' Scud Racer for a bundle of laughs in the arcade though

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra
    I have all of it to date, got series 4 ep 6 yesterday...
    i love it

but you got some things wrong Chinky, hes a tofu delivery guy for his dads tofu shop, he didnt realise he was good until he accidently beats the local racing teams rival teams no 2 driver Keisuke. Bunta (Takumis dad) doesnt teach him techniques he only guides him and advises him. Bunta is a legandary street racer not drifter i could go on but ill stop now...

initial d is awesome!
    seems like you are Initial D freak lol. I am now trying to find stage 2. If you don't mind, Can you tell us where you got all your episodes?

There is an Initial D Game at the local arcade in the Tuggeranong Hyperdome (Mall). The most ANNOYING game ever. I used to work right near it and on an 8 hour shift i felt like hurling the machine off the second story.

other than that, at least they are tapping into a craze....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Initial D had a decent following in the US before, now they've started releasing English-dubbed episodes on DVD, and it's fuelling the drifting craze even more. I think Initial D is a big part of the reason that high-mileage AE86 Corolla hatchbacks are fetching $4-5000 in California these days.......

Heck I'm noticing in increase in general interest in the S12 Silvia just because of its resemblence to an AE86.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

I got all my eps from a file share program . its taken me like 3 weeks of straight dl.

i use that machine at tuggs IB4R, but i can see how it would get annoying, dont worry its version 2 now so itll be as popular as ever again!

Thread Information