Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars that should NOT have been built

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - please no.
    The Italian community, for one thing, would be lost.
    Alfa or Valiant?
    Valiant or Alfa?
    Alfa or Valiant?
    Valiant or Alfa?
    it would be just too much
    I find that most of our itais here if their younger are into hondeeeeeerrrrrrrrs or silvias or somthnig similar and when they get on their green ps they get themselve in massive debt and get a huge bank loan so they can get a skyline or some other such car its weird i see more old wogs in holdens then i see in valients. I personally wouldent mind a new val they were good cars but i dont think theyll ever be able to capture what the old ones had.

Coming to the original question.

Not built should have been:

The Hummer (all non-military versions)
    The Lincoln Navigator (as the most prominent example of tasteless luxury trucks or SUV's)
    The Wrangler (a self propelled coffin, although a coffin might have better brakes and roadholding capabilities)

Hummer definetly the hummer not really pratical to any one although i think that there are some on militery applications they could be used in (like the parks and wildlife association here) but i dont think they should be sold simply because you want one you should have a purpose.

Question NOT THE HUMMER ???

I can't believe you guys don't thnk a civilian version of this truck should be made ..... what about the 0.0000001% that actually would take them off the pavement and let them get dirty .....or even dented????

Re: NOT THE HUMMER ???

Originally posted by NoOne
    I can't believe you guys don't thnk a civilian version of this truck should be made ..... what about the 0.0000001% that actually would take them off the pavement and let them get dirty .....or even dented????
    Yes I am sorry, I forgot that we cannot discriminate even the tiniest minority.

The hummer the ultimate in M.O.M (mother on a mission) mobile not only were they already dangerous in that toyota,mitsubishi,ford etc etc that got 10mpg weighted 2 tons and they drove it like a car and used its immense size to intimidate other drivers so they could get home to see the young and the restless you have to put them in a militery vehical good stuff I wonder if the hummers are any easier to park? becuase they cant park the ones their currently driving.

my uncle has an original hummer and he takes it off roading, offroading or not it needs a tuneup every 1-2k miles as things tend to break for some reason. the fuel cell and drivetrain is in the middle of the cab to give it its ground clearance but makes the passenger areas more cramped than a civic but he drives it every day and likes it he likes driving it more than his vette or his excursion he said he likes it because he "CANT speed" as it tops out at about 70-80mph lol
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

wow thats slower then my sunny lol it tops out at about 145 KM/H (90 somthing mph) Inever knew they were cramped to sit in i assumed becuse they were american (where everthings bigger) and a militery vehical the interior space would be well thought out. And i wasnt quite aware they would be as fragile as you said of course he probly "really drives" it to acheive that.

The Hummer H2 is a lot more civilized than the original, awesome capabilities for the (very) few who would actually use it.

TRABANT.....ugly!

UN ANELLO PER MODERARLI...UN ANELLO PER RICHIAMARLI...UN ANELLO PER FERMARLI E NEL BUIO...BANNARLI

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Originally posted by NoOne
    The Hummer H2 is a lot more civilized than the original, awesome capabilities for the (very) few who would actually use it.
    which brings me back ty origonal statement that people outside of militery use and any other practical usage for the vehical sshould not have much acsess to it.

Originally posted by Falcon500
    which brings me back ty origonal statement that people outside of militery use and any other practical usage for the vehical sshould not have much acsess to it.
    Sorry to disagree Falcon500 - really
    But you can't apply 'censorship' laws to who gets to buy a vehicle -
    can you?

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    Sorry to disagree Falcon500 - really
    But you can't apply 'censorship' laws to who gets to buy a vehicle -
    can you?
    Anything is possible but it means GM will be sriously loosing out in those stakes the govement would probly have to subsidse them for the loss of profits from public sales. And you most certainly can a person with one arm cant drive things over a certain weight and must be auto and preferbly have a pommel on the stering wheel a deaf paron need to pass a test to drive a manual even if they are fully liscenced why should a civilian with no practical use for the vehical be able to decide they want one?

Originally posted by Falcon500
    Anything is possible

And you most certainly can a person with one arm cant drive things over a certain weight and must be auto and preferbly have a pommel on the stering wheel a deaf paron need to pass a test to drive a manual even if they are fully liscenced why should a civilian with no practical use for the vehical be able to decide they want one?
    This time you're wrong.
    You're first examples are not censorship but obvious laws to cover those with disabilities. They all must pass a specific test to drive a vehicle (but funnily enough not to own one?). You cannot (though here you may be right, anything's possible) discriminate against people's rights of ownership. Make them pass a heavy vehicle test or whatever but for christ's sake don't tell anyone what type of car they can and can't own.
    I rest my case

You cant register certain cars in Australia due to their width. I believe the F40 Ferrari was one of those. You can buy one but you can only use it to race or perhaps there are special permits for certain occasions. It does seem a little odd the Australia prohibits cars that are allowed in Europe. We have a little extra elbow room over here I would have thought.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information