Thread: Accord meets Hybrid

Accord meets Hybrid

"Honda has a successful lineage in hybrid technology. In fact, we developed the first gasoline-electric hybrid vehicle for sale in America, the Insight, in 1999. Since that time we've applied that technology to the Civic Hybrid, and those same pioneering principles are about to be showcased in the upcoming release of the Accord Hybrid.

The 255-hp, V-6 Accord Hybrid offers the same dependability and sophistication you expect from the Accord line of vehicles. But with the Accord Hybrid, you get innovation beyond styling and amenities. Our hybrid powertrain delivers more low-end torque with increased fuel economy for a powerful, efficient and harmonious ride. In fact, it's the most powerful Accord ever made.

What else does the Accord Hybrid have to offer? See for yourself:

Aerodynamic, 16-inch alloy wheels
    Black chrome front grille
    Rear trunk spoiler

There's a lot more to know about this exciting new vehicle. What will the gas mileage be? How does it work? When can I get one? We've got the answers to those and many other questions at the Accord Hybrid Web site. So visit now and get to know the newest member of the Accord family before its early winter release.

Accord badge. Hybrid technology."

Sorry for the small pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

step in the right direction
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

hmmm its allright tell me its a concept
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

:starts sobbing: it's Beautiful!

Oh yes, save gas and dust SUVs. I like it.....a lot.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Too bad it's wrapped up in such an ugly package. Honda styling has really been in the dumpers lately with the possible exception of the new Civics.

BTW, on a related tangent, why do enviro-cars have to look so dang ugly? E.G. Prius, EV1, Insight, etc. Limits market appeal.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by jcp123
    Too bad it's wrapped up in such an ugly package. Honda styling has really been in the dumpers lately with the possible exception of the new Civics.

BTW, on a related tangent, why do enviro-cars have to look so dang ugly? E.G. Prius, EV1, Insight, etc. Limits market appeal.
    Ugliness is an opinion, not a fact.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Ugliness is an opinion, not a fact.
    ok...

I think because it's just a form follows function type of car. Function dictates that in a gas-saver, low coefficient of drag supercedes style. Yet I also think that the Accord is a reasonably good looking sedan.

If you love a certain shape or style, remember not everything can be judged against it. You are completely entitled to your opinion but I just wanted to say that you don't seem to like anything other than the 'classics'. What do you think of this modern design, just curious:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Actually, you're about right, I don't like much outside the classics...haven't for a few years now, but that goes for everything. I like my Parker 51 pen, typewriter and record player, for instance. I'm even looking at some 8mm movie recorders. And I dress pretty old-school, too (think Grease or Pleasantville). That Mercury is ok as new cars go, but again not terribly appealing to me. IMO the wheels are way too big as well.

I guess I understand your point about form following function. My beef isn't with the idea of hybrids, which is a pretty good one. But it seems to me that appealing to a larger crowd by making normal looking hybrids (as Honda and Ford are starting to do) would do more good than getting that extra MPG or two out of a car that won't sell nearly as well owing to its odd design.

.... But it seems to me that appealing to a larger crowd by making normal looking hybrids (as Honda and Ford are starting to do) would do more good than getting that extra MPG or two out of a car that won't sell nearly as well owing to its odd design.
    If a lot of people are thinking like that about modern designs, you're right. I like most of the newer designs, as long as they are aesthetically pleasing and serve a purpose. Even the retro stuff is OK but some I don't care for, like the PT Cruiser. What, someone wants a breadvan from the 50s. The Aztek: modern gone bad. Second gen Taurus...a design exercise of what a melted car could look like.

Wow, I must be weird. That Taurus was on my list of better looking new cars!! *shrugs* And the PT cruiser...30's revival gone horribly wrong.

Anyway, Honda's on the right track putting hybrid stuff in their mainstream cars and making them perform like "normal" cars. Still can't say much for how their "normal" cars look...*ahem*, back on subject. Same for Ford if/when they get some of those concept hybrids in production. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Thread Information