Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1: Japanese GP & a new team on board for 2006

F1: Japanese GP & a new team on board for 2006

Well practice was yesterday for the Japanese GP and the numbers aren't worth posting because of the torrential rains during the session. Typhoon 22 has caused the track to be closed Saturday, meaning qualifying has been moved to Sunday about three hours before the race.

Anyways a new team is scheduled to debut at the 2006 Australian GP, the Midland Group. Its some trading and investment company, based mainly in Germany and Russia. The car they will be running with be built with Dallara in Italy and the headquaters for the team will be in London.

Here's the full article on the new team:
    http://www.formula1.com/news/2303.html
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Well M. Schumacher got another win, and it was another dominating performance. Good performance by R. Schumacher as well getting second place. Button came third with Sato fourth, Alonso fifth, Raikkonen sixth, Montoya seventh, and Fisichella eighth. Too bad for Webber with his problems with his car, after he qualified 3rd. Once again Villeneuve finishes outside the points, wonder if he'll finally sneek in there at Brazil. BAR pretty much locked up second place in the manufacturing championship, as they will have to do pretty poorly at Brazil and Renault would have to do phenominal. Any picks on who will win the last race? I'm hoping for another victory for Raikkonen but, M. Schumacher will probably win, although it would also be great to see Barichello win at his home race (especially with the kind of luck he's been dealt at Brazil).
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Went as expected. Great performance by Ralf Schumacher after injury. Commentator, David Hobbs may have coined a new term to describe slower moving cars: mobile chicanes!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    mobile chicanes!
    IIRC, James Hunt coined it about Michele Alboretto ( a few decades back )
    But not even sure that that was the first use.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Just watched the race about an hour ago, and after 7 hours of Bathurst, that just completely flew through......Really too bad about Webber, at least it wasnt as bad as Sepang, although there wasnt anywhere near as much pressure on him in Suzuka as Sepang. Being the first retirement must always be a bit of an embarrassment
    I am the Stig

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    Terrible editing by the producer... we missed a lot of the actions...
    Good on Ralf... but i was hoping that Sato could get a podium place in his home country... but 4th is i think his best finish ever in Suzuka so it wasnt that bad after all...

It was an amazing drive by Michael tho!
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    IIRC, James Hunt coined it about Michele Alboretto ( a few decades back )
    But not even sure that that was the first use.
    Man we're protected in the States, that's the first I ever heard it used.

Anybody see what happened between DC & RB?? Only saw both of them limping back to the pits.
    The coverage was shockingly bad here. We missed out on some laps during the ad breaks, didn't show post race interviews etc... TV station had to make sure they went to 'Australian Idol' on time???

We got the after race interviews but no details on the RB/DC incident. Coverage is lame...going from car to car or pits to audience to aerials, very difficult to follow. This has been my main gripe with most motorsports coverage. Doesn't seem to follow any kind of pattern, and sound bite commentary based on the current 7-second feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ckst4
    but i was hoping that Sato could get a podium place in his home country... but 4th is i think his best finish ever in Suzuka so it wasnt that bad after all...
    It was his best finish; in his only other F1 race at Suzuka he finished 5th with Jordan back in 2002.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Man we're protected in the States, that's the first I ever heard it used.
    I think you are in general not protected, just 20 years behind (and with the current adminsitration there seems to be any chance that you are not going to pick up).

The race has put to silence anybody that thought that MS' hunger was over or that his ambitions have faded. Beware for 2005.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I think you are in general not protected, just 20 years behind (and with the current adminsitration there seems to be any chance that you are not going to pick up).
    Looking at my post, I meant to say 'sheltered' and not 'protected' . Refering to never having heard the term: mobile chicane.

The race has put to silence anybody that thought that MS' hunger was over or that his ambitions have faded. Beware for 2005.
    This is very true. His effectiveness hasn't diminished one bit. It has lots to do with his team but he does deliver his end.

The only way Ferrari doesn't finish is with incident. Rubens comes together with DC and DNF. Has Ferrari had a car/mechanical failure in the last couple of years? I can't think when.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4

I reckon Melbourne 2005 could prove to be interesting, Webber's at his home ground and he'll be hungry for a good result. He's always had bad luck here (all bar 2002 of course) and he's scored the Williams drive, so hes got the potential.
    I am the Stig

I couldn't believe...

how well Webber and Truli qualified. But in the end it made no difference really. I think Jarno and Ralph will elevate Toyota quite a bit next year, should be interesting to see what they can do.
    Most wanted cars:

Ford GT, Aston Martin DB9, Nissan Skyline R-34 V-Spec II, 2004 SVT Cobra Mustang, VW Golf R32, TVR Cerbera 4.5, Ford Focus RS, Aston Martin Vanquish S

Still waiting.....Shelby Cobra, Shelby GR1, 2006 Ford Lightning, Next generation SVT Mustang Cobra 2006? Mazda Speed RX8

Quote Originally Posted by more-boost1555
    how well Webber and Truli qualified. But in the end it made no difference really. I think Jarno and Ralph will elevate Toyota quite a bit next year, should be interesting to see what they can do.

qualifying was a bit of a gamble, nobody had put in a dry lap on friday and saturday the track was closed. This may have contributed to their grid position. The race showed that these positions were not fully appropriate.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information