Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Svt Mustang cobra and the R

Ford Svt Mustang cobra and the R

2006 SVT Cobra test mule

The engine of this beast will come from the Ford GT. The 5.4 V8 supercharged. There will also be the Cobra R coming back out. The output power will be between 450hp-500hp because it will be a detuned GT.

So I am guessing the Cobra will have 450hp and the Cobra R will have 500hp

There will be also the SE mustang joining into the mustang lineup. Ford is still thinking about the GTR concept.

Great output numbers!! I hope they don't put that hood into production as it'll obscure, in a big way. If they can keep the price down, this may be the beginning of a musclecar revival.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

urrr... hideous bonnet. alltough a great car
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

450 to 500 HP!! That's a Mustang I'd consider buying!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Impressive. I'd hate to get it serviced though...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

If they do make an R, I hope they make it in other colors besides Rio Red LOL

And you got this info where?

I'm pretty sure it was announced that there would be no SVT version of the 05 Mustang until 07. And besides, that photo looks like it was photochopped, I saw a picture exactly like it (placement, angle, paint scheme, etc.) of a GT w/o the cowl hood.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k3GT
    And you got this info where?

I'm pretty sure it was announced that there would be no SVT version of the 05 Mustang until 07. And besides, that photo looks like it was photochopped, I saw a picture exactly like it (placement, angle, paint scheme, etc.) of a GT w/o the cowl hood.
    the ford mustang forum. The guy who gave the info is also the same guy who first told us how much horsepower the Ford GT was going to have and he was correct.

i went to the dealer last night to stake out and watch for the incoming mustang's, but they werent in yet, its supposed to be some time this week i beleive, when it does ill take pics
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

sometime this or next week!, my bro allready saw some around the streets, tho i haven't been able to catch 1, do have seen C6's around.
    as far as i know there should'nt be a cobra till probably '06.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

i can't wait till ford does a new body style cobra R, not just the cobra......if i had my way and money, i would purchase a 2000 cobra R. It runs about 40k, which is alot for a poor man.............oh, hello everyone, my name is hotwheels, i am from turborides.com.........great site you guys have here........later, hotwheels
    1992 mustang gt twinturbo'd
    1988 mustang gt bottlefed
    2004 mach 1 resting in garage
    see pic's of my car's at www.turborides.com

Quote Originally Posted by 2k3GT
    no SVT version of the 05 Mustang until 07.

nice to see we can go back in time (or forward)...

the 05 model wouldnt get revived in 07 for an R model? would it?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

New Cobra is coming in 2007

If you guys need to know when the new SVT Cobras will be out, they plan to hit the floor sometime early 2007. Which means they will start production in 2006. Haven't heard to much on the Power it will have, but somewhere along the line of over 400rwhp stock. Ouch....that will put a bite on those new slow Corvettes...haha!

Quote Originally Posted by 04MysticCobra
    If you guys need to know when the new SVT Cobras will be out, they plan to hit the floor sometime early 2007. Which means they will start production in 2006. Haven't heard to much on the Power it will have, but somewhere along the line of over 400rwhp stock. Ouch....that will put a bite on those new slow Corvettes...haha!
    07 eh? By then im sure the vette will be more powerful than the current C6, and im not even going to mention the Z06... Either way the vette will beat the cobra on the track like always

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    07 eh? By then im sure the vette will be more powerful than the current C6, and im not even going to mention the Z06... Either way the vette will beat the cobra on the track like always
    well the 05 saleen s-281e already has 500hp so EH!

Thread Information