Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ford Svt Mustang cobra and the R

Quote Originally Posted by Chinky_boi
    well the 05 saleen s-281e already has 500hp so EH!
    500HP in the Mustang vs 500HP in the Vette Z06....

The Corvette has better aerodynamics and less weight.

IF the C6 Z06 comes out with a 500HP 7.0L engine as some say then Cobras can forget about being comparable to them when stock.

Your a bit crazy to compare a Vette and a Mussy in the first place though.....they were never intended for it and stil arent....

But for the R, i thought SVT always wanted them to be naturally aspirated or something, so maybe the new 6.2L MOD will be stretched out a bit for it, thats due out in 2006
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Your a bit crazy to compare a Vette and a Mussy in the first place though.....they were never intended for it and stil arent....

But for the R, i thought SVT always wanted them to be naturally aspirated or something, so maybe the new 6.2L MOD will be stretched out a bit for it, thats due out in 2006
    If they only wanted them na then why are the current ones supercharged?

But all in all you r right itsa silly comparison pony car vs sports car....just doesnt add up but the fact the mustang does fairly well considering the diffrent classes speaks well for it no?

Well the last Cobra R in 2000/2001 had the 5.4 stretched to 390hp, the engine FPV wanted for the GT....but the last SVT Cobra made 390hp from the supercharged 4.6...im thinking maybe if the new Cobra takes like a supercharged 5L whilst the R will take a 6.2 DOHC
    I am the Stig

Well the supercharging theme seems to work i cant see why theyd stop...that essentially was my point...but if they can make a worthwhile replacement then why not?

The thing that really has me curious is why they arnt dropping DOHC engines in the gt muzzo im shure they could come up with and approprite downtune so people wouldent be detterd from there highup models....probly costtrying to keepthe base v8 as base as possible.

yeah i dare say the $$ difference between the 3V and 4V heads are significant enough. I always thought though the Cobra R was marketed as a road racer type of car, something that'd be ready to hit the track straight away so i guess naturally aspirated fits that bill a bit better than forced induction
    I am the Stig

Yep the Cobra R had almost the same amount of power of the SVT but being naturally aspirated. That's one beast right there.

Falcon I don't think they'll stop supercharging upcoming Cobras, maybe just the R as before.

well the 05 saleen s-281e already has 500hp so EH!
    Got any proof? From what i read it has 400hp and 420ft-lbs of torque.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...4/anashow1.htm

Under the hood of every S281 is a high-performance 4.6-liter V8 engine. In the 3-Valve model this engine produces 325 horsepower. In, the supercharged S281 SC the horsepower leaps to 400. And for the S281 E, which will be introduced next spring, the engine produces a mind-boggling 500 horsepower. Now you know why the E in the name stands for Extreme.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/...4/anashow1.htm

Under the hood of every S281 is a high-performance 4.6-liter V8 engine. In the 3-Valve model this engine produces 325 horsepower. In, the supercharged S281 SC the horsepower leaps to 400. And for the S281 E, which will be introduced next spring, the engine produces a mind-boggling 500 horsepower. Now you know why the E in the name stands for Extreme.
    Sry i was talking about the SC, not the E, but i still doubt the E will have 500hp, the 04 one has something like 430-450.

That hood it ugly, they should have just opend it up for the ram air look.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoChimp22
    That hood it ugly, they should have just opend it up for the ram air look.
    I agree. I don't like cowl hoods that much.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    Sry i was talking about the SC, not the E, but i still doubt the E will have 500hp, the 04 one has something like 430-450.
    500 HP isn't that big of a stretch if you think about it. Roush has a 550 HP Ford 427 available for the Mustang and Ligenfelter a 510 HP 427 Chevy for the GTO. If Saleen wants to stay competetive they better up the HP in the S281-E to 500.

Both of these engines are normaly aspired BTW, add a supercharger or twin turbos and you better hold on to your head when you hit the gas!!
    Last edited by taz_rocks_miami; 10-29-2004 at 10:28 PM.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

I'd expect a Corbra, but I don't know about a Cobra R. The Cobra R was built for a special occasion.

that sounds about what the CSV Mondo GT gets (510hp), its a tuned version of the Monaro witha 370kw, 6.8L LS1 i think.....maybe SlickHolden knows more
    I am the Stig

Thread Information