Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Australian Car Ads

theyre still not unreachable scores, people can be stuck in dead end jobs with a boring arse life, do am IQ test and realise they could be in MENSA, someone rung up triple m and said they got 135 and he sounded like someone id meet down the pub, if i was 3 years older

Originally posted by fpv_gtho
    theyre still not unreachable scores, people can be stuck in dead end jobs with a boring arse life, do am IQ test and realise they could be in MENSA, someone rung up triple m and said they got 135 and he sounded like someone id meet down the pub, if i was 3 years older
    When you're 23 years older you realise it's bull.....

whats age got to do with it? they adjust the system to benefit the older people

Well if my grandfather got like 35 queastions right hed be at the same level im at which is a little unfair sure your memory gos over time but all providing you any good at maths or the other queastions it never does leave you.

I know this is a little of the current topic but it was the title of the thread. I got a laugh from Fords Lion Tamer ad for the GT. It cant beat an SS on the strip let alone HSV's finest. Maybe the marketing dept. should actually read some road tests before they open themselves and Ford up for ridicule.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

whats age got to do with it? they adjust the system to benefit the older people
    I wasn't referring to the test -
    I was referring to your naivety.

Originally posted by crisis
    I know this is a little of the current topic but it was the title of the thread. I got a laugh from Fords Lion Tamer ad for the GT. It cant beat an SS on the strip let alone HSV's finest. Maybe the marketing dept. should actually read some road tests before they open themselves and Ford up for ridicule.
    Yeah - but don't you think it was pretty clever picking up on the 'Lion Tamer' bit.

they'd get more laughs by comparing it to an SS anyway, plus the GT more often than not gets voted as the better drivers car, provided the journo doesnt end the article saying "either way, you win". it wasnt that long ago anyway that motor struggled to get the clubsport going faster than the SS as well anyway

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    Yeah - but don't you think it was pretty clever picking up on the 'Lion Tamer' bit.
    If it were accurate. Clearly the marketing wankers were more impressed with their own cleverness than the facts.

your forgetting the VY series 1 was only out when fpv's marketing came up with that

they'd get more laughs by comparing it to an SS anyway, plus the GT more often than not gets voted as the better drivers car, provided the journo doesnt end the article saying "either way, you win". it wasnt that long ago anyway that motor struggled to get the clubsport going faster than the SS as well anyway
    Ford clearly dont understand the term performance car. The last test I read between the SS and XR8 had the writer indicating that despite the handling superiority of the Falcon (remember the Commodore is only seen wanting in comparisom) he would rather the SS. Of course I take the opinions of these wankers with a pinch of salt but the recurring theme is that while the Commodore is not a sweet in the handling department it wins in performance and overall thrills. Surely the raison' de être of a performance car.

Ford clearly dont understand the term performance car.
    thats just your opinion, different people would have different criteria to what a performance car needs. The BA XR8 is on average 0.5 seconds faster than an AU XR8 and Wheels when they tested the Clubby, SS and XR8 altogether got the XR8 in the middle of the two holdens for performance and rated the XR8 and Clubby equal

They actually said the holden was better 'but' for the extra $$$ you could save and pitiful performace diffrence get the XR8. Gt cant beat an SS on the strip when the SS cant even beat an Xr6T on the strip 14.5 to 14.3 and the GTs even faster then the XR6. The GT go clocked doing a 13.9 on the 1/4 mile at wakefield while it might not be as fast as the 300kw GTS (13.6) it beats it in handeling and costs nearly $40,000 less and is cheaper to insure.

that seems like an endless circle youve said there: the ss is faster than the GT, the XR6T is faster than the SS and the GT is faster than the XR6T. although ive seen evidence to support that, it wasnt a test between all 3 of them, same day, same strip of road so its irrelevant. the fastest GT time ive seen is 5.9 seconds 0-100km/h, SS 5.8, XR6T 5.9(wheels surprisingly, their very first test in it against the SS where the SS got 5.8). the XR6T loses time on the quarter and id say over about a kilometre the GT would have it all over the SS.

Well ive seen very high 5.7s for the GTs 0-100 time but you might was well call them 5.8 (5.79 or so) while my info on the XR6t quite a flat 6 for its o-100 time and for the SS its 6.2 i would find the XR8 stats but i dont really want to dig through all my magazines at this time of night.

Thread Information