Thread: Downloading limewire

Downloading limewire

When i try to install limewire, i get a message that says, something like, error while downloading file isssomething, can anyone help?
    www.supercarfreak.net
    the best of automotive and general talk!

What's limewire?

Do they have a general queastion area or something?
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Limewire is currently the hottest peer-to-peer client, it uses the guntella network. I have not had any trouble with it.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    error downloading file??? but ur just installing it
    restart ur computer and try again... i didnt have anyproblem installing it
    did u know that u can get "limewire pro" from limewire itself! now u can have higher speed well slightly faster...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

goto www.shareaza.com and get shareaza, it is a programme, that uses gnutella , edonkey, and gnutella2 peer2peer things.it works so much better as all its competitors, it really is ahead of the pack!!!i use it too all the time

btw: im not trying to spam or anything like that, but it just works very good!

Strange, that, I've used LimeWire for ages and never had problems with it. Try downloading a different version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Limewire is currently the hottest peer-to-peer client, it uses the guntella network. I have not had any trouble with it.
    hottest?? Firstly, limewire is ancient (older than kazaa), it came out shortly after napster as a competitor. Second, due to the network type it's crap. you don't get anywhere near the speed you get with kazaa or others.

finally if you want to know what is actually the 'hottest' file sharing client at the moment, it's a program called Ares:

http://www.aresgalaxy.org/

it's by far the fastest client as not only is it p2p, but it also works like bit torrent where users send you parts of the file (i regularly get download speeds in excess of 200kB). i have tried most major file sharing clients and kazaa and ares are the only 2 i still use...
    "WHEN IT'S GAME TIME, IT'S PAIN TIME TIME BABY! WOOOH" ~ Terry Tate

I use BearShare and have used ShareAza, both work really well, nice speeds, no bologne w/ the ads like Kazaa, no one spams you w/ messages about files. (Except for the e-mail from Paramount, the movie company, about my sister downloading Mean Girls illegally )
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I use ARes light with now probs
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Kazaa was my favorite, but you have to pay for the current version, and the old version was removed from www.oldversion.com

Morpheus is ok

Shareaza sucks in my opinion, I was never able to download anything from it. I was so frustrated that I even tried to download MTV music that everyone has but still I couldnt!!

Currently I use Bit Torrent to download my files. Sometimes it takes a little longer, but I find it more useful and at least I know that I'm downloading the right thing.

you go to lynn university?

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    ^huh???

IMO shaerazaa is probably the worst p2p i've ever used... it never work... the old kazaa was just a computer destroyer, morpheus was just too hard to understand... imesh was pretty good but my computer acted kinda funny... limewire is the best i've tried so far, i havent try ares or sharebear, but i think i'll stick to this one... no spam, no adware, and it actually tells u if the file is currupted...
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

well, i got bareshare last night, and so far im very happy with it!
    www.supercarfreak.net
    the best of automotive and general talk!

Thread Information