Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm outraged!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    no Matt.
    Why not?
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

cause I guess that means that I got it for free.

how in any way am i being ridiculous, can somebody please explain this to me.

I should be annoyed right now! The ads take over my entire screen when before i had never seen one on UCP. This is such a scam its unbeleivable. now if a member doesnt pay $30 a year, you have extremely slow loading times and pop ups all over the place.

This is turning into supercars.net, like never before, this is so dumb! Why couldnt you (Wouter) just keep this place the way it was, i thought you were getting money from the ads on the main site, why did you have to add it to the forums?
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty
    how in any way am i being ridiculous, can somebody please explain this to me.

I should be annoyed right now! The ads take over my entire screen when before i had never seen one on UCP. This is such a scam its unbeleivable. now if a member doesnt pay $30 a year, you have extremely slow loading times and pop ups all over the place.

This is turning into supercars.net, like never before, this is so dumb! Why couldnt you (Wouter) just keep this place the way it was, i thought you were getting money from the ads on the main site, why did you have to add it to the forums?
    That ads don't make that much money. I don't even think the ads even cover his hosting, travel and equipment costs. Have you ever clicked on one of the ads? That's how the ads make money. If you don't click, then he doesn't get paid. And businesses don't sit still. They advance. And in order to advance, most business have to make more money. So, Wouter had to find a way to make more money. Face it. The internet is becoming less and less free. Yahoo even has a business plan to start introducing pay-for-play options for most of their services, while removing some free services along the way. Your phone isn't free. Your books and magazines aren't free. Movies aren't free. Even the access you pay to get on the internet isn't free. Really, why should this site be free at all? You are LUCKY Wouter has a free site at all. It's not like other car sites (Road & Track, MotorTrend, Car and Driver and the such) who have other means of income. This is Wouter's only means of income and if he can't keep it running, then both he and rest of us lose out. Is that what you want?

I have to agree with Werty and Karrmann (but to an extent). I am displeased with the ads now running the website, but I can see it's fiscal value. I am not going to cough up $30 to get rid of them, it's only a minor neusence. If you can all see the benefits of this forum, such as free hosting for other members to see you can share all types of multimedia and exchange thoughts and ideas on topics. If you pay more attention to posting thoughts and comments a small banner ad won't matter. And if it really bugs you and makes your blood boil (like Karrmann) go make your own website and pay the cash for all the features that this site does. Good luck.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

well wert, i'm with you, ypu feel exactly like how I feel right now.

really? You want to get rid of the ads and then have this website and Wouter run into financial debt so he makes this a private website where you'll HAVE to cough up more dough to even BROWSE the forums? Come on....

no i'm not aggreeing on that, but I wan't the ads off the forums, put the ads on the rest of UCP

Quote Originally Posted by Karrmann
    no i'm not aggreeing on that, but I wan't the ads off the forums, put the ads on the rest of UCP
    The traffic on the forums is picking up, so it makes sense to put ads on them. Many people find UCP through a topic on the forum and this maybe the only time they visit. Not everyone starts at the main page of the site.

then more people will get pissed seeing as more people browse the actual site then people do on the forums. more people will leave the main page, thus decaying the entire system. And on top of that Wouter still needs to pay up to keep this website going, so either way it leads to more ads. Get used to change. Now if you were truly a car designer, you would know that car designs have to adapt to that of what the boss wants in the car, what the comapny wants in the car, what the customers want... so I think you would have adapted from being severely pissed and angry into a more serene mind that can deal with it.

OMG you guys, the site is ****ing free, if you do not like it then leave. Nobody is forcing you to stay here. UCP is a priviledge, not a right. If you do not like it then leave. Wouter owns this site and it is his right to do whatever the **** he wants to do with it. Non-contributers should never ever EVER EVER be mad at wouter simply because he is providing a service for us. We owe him something, and we can start by not complaining like whores.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

Well said.

that's about as flatly put as it can be said. And dumbed down for Karrmann.

but seriously why did the forums have to be litered with this crap

can you at least agree with me on this Matt....i am mad because everything is running very slow, when i click on any forum it goes straight to a full page add, and i even have all the state of the art pop up blocker running.

But maybe you cant agree with me becuase you paid and are not seeing what im seeing, go ahead make a new account and try and browse the forums...its SLOW!

Why cant these ads just go to the main page, it seems to me, it had working just fine that way for over a year now, so why change it and make hundreds of un-paying members have to deal with it, this is ridiculous!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Boo hoo. A free site is running slow. Boo hoo. A business man is trying to make money from something that he spends all of his waking hours doing. Boo hoo. You are having to deal with something that he is doing to try to keep your FREE site open.

Like it was said above: Deal with the change and move on. The ads aren't going to go away because you complain about them. And when push comes to shove, you'll go before they do.

Thread Information