Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What are some countries that have never lost a war?

What are some countries that have never lost a war?

From what I can recall Russia, Finland, Switzerland, and Scotland never really lost any wars important but can anyone confirm this?

Sorry for the randomness of this thread but I was just wondering.

Ties do not count as losses (ie. in the winter war, it was a tie. Russia gained about 100 km square of land but lost 800,000 troops doing it. Finland lost only 20,000. So this can't really count as a Finnish loss. Plus: they only signed a treaty because they wanted to stop fighting, not because they couldn't win. Russia had similar thoughts.)
    Last edited by d-quik; 10-24-2004 at 04:20 PM.
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

I would say that there are no real winners in war, and Russia, although techinically didnt lose WWII, might as well have. they backed out if i remember, plus they lost over 1 million soldiers. not to mention all the jews and others killed as the Germans came through. i think?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

umm usa vietnam we backed out of we werent defeated

i may be mixin WW1 and WW2 or sumthing idk i dont listen in school
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by modena
    umm usa vietnam we backed out of we werent defeated
    USA has lost a couple wars, can't necessarily recall the two. btw, Vietnam was considered a loss by most in the US. PS: where in bergen county do you live? I'm in dumont.
    Last edited by Rockefella; 03-25-2008 at 04:17 AM.

Australia hasn't lost any wars to my knowledge, we kicked the Dutch's asses in the Boer Conflict

Quote Originally Posted by d-quik
    Scotland
    Scotland, or at least Scottish people who weren't too keen on the English taking over, has been defeated, long ago.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i may be mixin WW1 and WW2 or sumthing idk i dont listen in school
    you are mixing WW1 with WW2.
    Russia withdrew from WW1! not 2! and as a result the royal family was deposed, its how communism started in the country!

Sorry Luciferous, we have lost a war (well its battle but still) remember Gallipoli?
    The Datto will rage again...

i know they lost to the British in the War of 1812 when they tried to invade Canada, but that's all i know

and a country that hasn't lost a war.........CANADA!!!
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Australia i would say ?
    There was a time when the U.S and U.K helped us out big time when they were on our door step, But So they should we are always first to help there arse's out they return the fav always, Well Most of the time
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Damn straight! we better get our backs scratched from the US for helpin them out with all their BS wars!
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferous
    Australia hasn't lost any wars to my knowledge, we kicked the Dutch's asses in the Boer Conflict
    I think the Boer conflict was fought in South Africa, don't know what Australian criminals were send there to do the dirty job on behalf of the Pummies?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    The war of 1812 was mostly considered a stalemate also.

im not sure that there is a real answer with this because all countries have won and lost wars with allies there hasnt really been one country that has won all the wars..
    i think the closest is australia but we havent really been around that long and its mostly been with allies.

well australia has the best trained Special forces. we went infront of americana in the second gulf "war". and not one aussie was killed in combat. i belive a few have lost their lives in bombings.
    how smart do you have to be to shoot your country men (directed at americans)
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information