Thread: New Project

New Project

lately ive been looking around for a new project and i think ive found it. if you dont know im the first one to stand up for the rotary here but ive had a second calling. instead of my plans on eventually buying a C5 ive decided to make one.

ive found a '93 RX-7 rolling chassis everything i need bar some bodywork and a drivedrain for $1600 current bid (a damn nice deal)
    LINK

i know a guy that just wrecked his WS6 that will sell me his LS1 and T-56 for $2200. he's had some headwork a cam and an aftermarket clutch. he estimates his whp at about 380-400whp which isnt to far a cry.

www.hinsonsupercars.com sells the conversion kit. including all the fuel, cooling, mounting, driveshaft mods to mount that bad boy up there. and total car weight will actually go down and it will get better fuel economy. sounds like a deal to me. im estimating this whole project will be in the $10,000 price range with better than '04 Corvette Z06 performance. and of coares i will not stop after the conversion but thats the plans as of now. hopefully i win the chassis and i will have a very nice platform. this will all happen after i get my 7 off the blocks and on the road. my gf is pissed because ill have 3 money holes...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

It does sound like it's going to end up being one sick ride. A nice RX7 body with a very powerful engine. I hope you win the bid over the chassis and can start soon with the project.

Good luck

I don't believe this! That's such an amazing idea!

I was just talking on msn two days ago about how Hinson basically has the best idea for a car, and all of the advantages. Just incredible! I even commented on the car on UCP yesterday

Your timing is impeccable. I'll let you know if I'm ever down in California so I can help you out with your project - I wish you the very best of luck... this conversion is the best automotive hybrid in existence.

That sounds like a sweet project megotmea7, I too hope you win the bidding so you can get started. That's gonna be an awsome machine, take your time and do it right Keep us posted, ok? Best of luck!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

ive actually benn thinking about a V8 conversion in a 7 for a while. me and a buddy were going to do it in a FC we have laying around with a oolant leak but after i found this chassis for cheap i switched it up. im also thinking about putting a cobra irs rear end to better handle the power. that ill include alot fo custom work but it will be worth the trouble when im not breaking FD diffs. left and right. anyway ill keep you guys posted

youll have to bid a bit more mate, reserves still not met

sounds like a winner idea! Id love to do it but i dont have your finances
    I will be attempting a V8 into my datto soon though
    The Datto will rage again...

well the bidding ended at a little over what i would be willing to pay on it so ill be looking into another platform for the swap. still buying the WS6 drivetrain however. rest asured the recipient will be an RX-7, i was hopping for a 3rd gen but i might settle for a FC depending on how much i plan on dumping into this little venture, you know, you have to manage your liabilities

that sucks, hope you find another good chassis to use soon cant wait to see it underway it is an awesome idea
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information