Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Disk Space

No More Disk Space

well it has finally happened, i have used up my hard drive. after downloading a few top gears i realized i only have 160 mbs left on my hard drive. no surprise, i only got a 40gb hard drive, i spent most of my budget on the screen and sound system. so i will do some small cleanup work, but i will need a new hard drive. any suggestions? i want an 80gb usb external hd or somehting around there.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    well it has finally happened, i have used up my hard drive. after downloading a few top gears i realized i only have 160 mbs left on my hard drive. no surprise, i only got a 40gb hard drive, i spent most of my budget on the screen and sound system. so i will do some small cleanup work, but i will need a new hard drive. any suggestions? i want an 80gb usb external hd or somehting around there.
    idk if i would go w/ externals, my experience w/ them has been bad... Go on NewEgg.com and order a harddrive that'll fit your motherboard socket and has good reviews. Newegg is really cheap and ships in 2 days, their company is flawless.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Burn your 5th Gear vids onto a DVD. This way you can watch it on your stand-alone DVD player and yet make room for more vids.

Just my $0.02
    " I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect."

My bumper sticker "If you can read this...I can slam on my brakes and sue you"

I have 150GB currently using about 49GB.

Suggestions? Sorry, don't know much about it, I would just erase a bunch of crap... Some games occupy lots of space, if you're not playing them get rid of them.

you can buy a new hdd....they're not expensive nowdays, if you in US just go to www.dslreports.com go to forums and then user hot deals, last week there was a 120gb sata drive for like $40.
    i have about 305GB's(2x 160gb) and only got like 10gb's free.....some vids go over 300mbs(i have drifting and other drag vids and what not).
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

You should think about a LaCie external. They have a good reputation and are just about a dollar a gig.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

yer fellas im new with this, how do i know how many gigs one has?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

go to my computer, right click on C and hit properties. it should tell you there how much total space theere is and how much is used, as well as how much is left.

thanks for your speedy replies guys
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

ahhhh I see. Iv got 32
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I have 630gigs (only 238 gigs free) of hard drive, with 430gigs of that being external USB drives. If you keep them cooled as you would your CPU and don't know them around too much, they work just fine.

I've had great luck with a company called AcomData. Two of mine are by that company. The construction is strong and they actually look decent. I also have a Lacie (designed by Porsche) drive that isn't as rigid in it's construction, but looks awesome.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

I ran out of disk space too yesterday after downloading some shows (each about 900 mb ), unfortunately I have a Laptop and can't put in another hard drive.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

3 ways:

1.) Go to the conrol panel, go to add/remove programs, sort by size, and then delete large programs that you don't need.

2.) Do a Windows search, search for files (by size), files that are (at least) (say...50mb), carefully look through them, and delete large files that you don't need.

3.) DeFrag your hard drive

Just wondering. I'd love to have an external/USB hd. However, I thought the USB connections were pretty slow. Just checked on USB.org and they can be upto 480 Mb/s, WOW! My question is, can you use the newer and faster devices with an older machine. Mine's not exactly old but with technology, new is <6mos. old. I've a 40G drive and its less than 1/4 full, thanks to dial-up

I checked in 'device manager' and there's nothing about USB speed. Any thoughts?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

I have a 120 gig hard drive.. Currently using about 115 gig. No worries Im upgrading just after christmas to this beast!:

Amd Athlon 3200 + XP 2.2ghz 64 bit
    1gb RAM
    256mb Ati Radeon 9600xt (already got)
    200gig hard drive
    Dvd/rw
    cd/rom combo
    sound card network card etc etc

cant wait

there's usb 1.1 and usb 2.0(been around for a year+) 2.0 should be 400+MB/s i think.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

Thread Information