24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ford XR6T

15 62.50%
  • Nissan Skyline R34 4 Door GTS-T

9 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford XR6 Turbo vs Nissan Skyline R34 4 Door GTS-T

Quote Originally Posted by holdens
    call me crazy if u will but i am really dissapointed about the looks of the r35 skyline it just doesn't strike me like the r32 r33 n r34. i no they were aaiming for a totally new direction for the skyline but imo its the wrong direction at this stage
    Its a product of Nissan gettiong their asses saved by the French, now all their styling is sposed to be european, hence the 350Z and Maxima

Take it from someone who has both cars

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Ive been told its only the GT-R thats AWD so that rules it out here i guess

This may solve the debate here, but again it may not. I currently have a 93 model R32 GTS4 (yes 4WD) turbo, the car has been modified with a change of engine to the RB26. I have just recently changed occupations which has caused me to purchase a ute, more specifically an XR6 Turbo. I have always been a skyline fan and have never dreamt of owning any other car until this day. Both cars in standard form, the XR6 Turbo smashes the skyline all over the road. I have always hated fords and holdens, but the XR6 turbo really surprised me. A mate of mine has an XR6 Turbo that has been modified APS stage 3. This modification cost less than A$10000 and has produced 328rwkw. I have spent over $15000 on mods for the skyline and it has only produced a$297rwkw. More would be needed. As for the weight factor, the XR6 Turbo weighs 1694kg in a sedan form (i have the ute so a little lighter). The skyline on the other hand weighs 1532kg (remember this is a R32 so the lightest model and in 4wd). I am sorry to say and yes it breaks my heart but the XR6 Turbo has this debate hands down. Best way of deciding would be to have a brand new skyline (stopped making) with a single turbo, up against a brand new XR6 Turbo and either run both standard or whatever mod you do to one you must make to the other. This way the comparison remains the same.

The Falcon utes are actually about 30-50kg heavier than the sedans believe it or not. Other than that, it'd be the torque of the XR6T doing that, same as the 60nm extra a standard Falcon has over the standard Commodore despite the Falcon having the worse power/weight ratio, its the quicker of the duo
    I am the Stig

Thread Information