Thread: Finished* Nismo 370Z Z Tune Spec 2

Finished* Nismo 370Z Z Tune Spec 2

Hello!

This is the first model I have completed in a year.

Beginning with Tamiya's 1/24 370Z plastic kit and some parts from my parts box, I created a concept car. I wanted something for my ever growing Nismo collection that wouldn't seem to far out of the realm of what the factory would do.

The yellow part is a 'tuned' chin from a Mitsubishi FTO, the orange parts are sections of an Opel DTM diffuser. The fender extractors are vintage '70 Pontiac Trans Am, chosen because they mirror the 370's quarter window. Hood extractor is from a NSX, it fit the factory contours of the hood nicely.

All parts were trimmed up and blended into the body with putty then detail sanding was done. Center section of diffuser was scratchbuilt to tie in the sides and encompass the exhaust. Reshaping of the wheel openings to close them in a bit was done to give it the race car look. A lowered skirt made from styrene was added to even out the ride height appearance.

The upper rear spoiler is from the R35 GT-R(currently in the shop for race conversion ), the spoiler stands were custom made.

After the body was finalized it was given a few coats of Tamiya Mica Silver which was decanted and sprayed through airbrush, then three coats of Tamiya TS clear. The paint was polished using one round of wet sanding with 800 grit, then rubbed with two grades of compound.

The body was then masked for spraying the black trim. A-pillars were painted black ala GT-R to bring out the cantilever roof. Nismo decals from Tamiya's Nismo parts set were applied. Interior is aircraft interior black and red.

The stock rims were used and painted black with red and gray accents to match Nismo decals, then overcoated with semi gloss clear. Brakes are resin copies of Ferrari 599 brakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

370Z Z Tune #2

370Z Z Tune #3

You are such a boss man . That looks absolutely perfect! Respect.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

That is so sweet looking! Now you should send it to Nissan and have it put into production. Massive respect here!

Great job as usual Dino. My admiration for your works still continues to grow

Might have made more sense to use the 5 spokes IMO (2nd post 1st/2nd pics) but then again it is a concept, and I like the red highlights on the wheels.

I'm wondering if your choice for the 599 brakes was intentional or not, as the GT-R Spec V also uses the same brakes, so if your choice was not exactly intentional, then you managed to choose exactly the right brakes!
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

Fitting, since you have a Z too.

Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by LHamilton_w View Post
    Great job as usual Dino. My admiration for your works still continues to grow

Might have made more sense to use the 5 spokes IMO (2nd post 1st/2nd pics) but then again it is a concept, and I like the red highlights on the wheels.

I'm wondering if your choice for the 599 brakes was intentional or not, as the GT-R Spec V also uses the same brakes, so if your choice was not exactly intentional, then you managed to choose exactly the right brakes!
    Thanks all!

Five spoke rims similar to the GT4 LM's would give it that iconic Nismo look, and they were obviously considered during the build...but the shape of the stock rim spokes suit the cars details IMO.

The brakes are merely coincidental. I will occasionally make molds of good kit parts and cast them in resin to make copies for my own use....to be used on projects such as this. There's always a need for brake upgrades in modeling.

Sweet lookin build there B. Glad to see ya back at the bench !!

Awesome!

Thread Information