Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endangered car list

Endangered car list

after i read the thread about Ferrari massacre in Hengelo, i'm wondering, what other cars is nearly extinct? maybe we should not just saving wild life, but legendary cars as well. if there's anybody know, any kind of car that's almost extinct, please post it here, i want to know what car is it. and if you know how much it is build too.

The 250 GTO is a bit rare i think

And there died too much F40's past time
    Last edited by ZWW; 11-04-2004 at 10:13 AM.
    ZWW

Maybe my English isn't so good, i'm only 14...

BUT I travel around to see the Ultimate Cars!!

do you know how much 250 GTO and F40 remains?

All GTOs remain, which is pretty unique.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The 250 GTO is still a very rare car, as only 39 were ever made. Another "endangered" car species is the Jaguar XK-SS of which only 17 were ever made (I believe) before the plant they were manufactured at burnt down.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

There were 36 250 GTOs, which includes the three Series two cars and the four converted examples. There are also three 330 GTOs. Sixteen is the figure for the XK-SS.

The point is that I wouldn't call a car endangered, when the full population is still alive.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    There were 36 250 GTOs, which includes the three Series two cars and the four converted examples. There are also three 330 GTOs. Sixteen is the figure for the XK-SS.

The point is that I wouldn't call a car endangered, when the full population is still alive.
    Thanks for the corrected numbers, although I've many different numbers on the 250 GTO ranging from 36 to 40 units. Also your point is noted. Nice Signature by the way Wouter, Vonnegut is a great writer, I especially liked Slaughterhouse 5.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    Nice Signature by the way Wouter, Vonnegut is a great writer, I especially liked Slaughterhouse 5.
    He is, it's great how he can write hilarious stuff and serious stuff together, without it getting corny.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    He is, it's great how he can write hilarious stuff and serious stuff together, without it getting corny.
    Definitely, I haven't had a chance to read "Breakfast of Champions" yet, but it on my list, along with about 100 other books.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari Tifosi
    The 250 GTO is still a very rare car, as only 39 were ever made. Another "endangered" car species is the Jaguar XK-SS of which only 17 were ever made (I believe) before the plant they were manufactured at burnt down.
    what i wanted to know in the first place is if there's a car which it supposed to be built in certain number but it has already decreased, not if the car is rare because it is built only in very limited number. for example the ferrari f50 gt which is only 3 available in the world, of course it is rare, but not because another hundreds has already destroyed, but because it is only 3 were ever made.

How about these two? The Renault Fuego (i haven't seen one, well ever actually but my Dad told me about it) for one, and the second (which i will admit isnt up to your rules but i just wanted to get a mention in) is the Probe 16 of which only 3 were made.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

The Volkswagen Corrado is becoming a rare car. VW rallye golfs are rare. German made NSU, Horch, DKW, Opel-blitz, Wanderer and Autounion vehicles are rare.

a rare car is the Ford gt40, im talking mark 1 here, they are extremelly rare
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Endangered species are those that were either rather common during their days or not very loved, automatically disappeared to the scrapyard, until somebody starts to realise, that almost all have gone. It does not mean that they become classics over night but they get a certain rarity value. I think the Renault Fuego is a good example, especially the cheaper version with the different roof line. Volkswagen K70 might be another, Autobianchi A111 is surely one, Fiat 125S or even 130 and an Alfa 6.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

How about the Jaguar XJ220s. Note the "s" part. There where only 5 or 6 built, and one of them crashed badly in Russia two years ago. It was on a country road, so a fire truck couldn't reach it in time, and the car was engulfed in flames...

I should mention I heard this from a automotive forum on a Gamesite. Anyone have any more info on this?
    The wind that blows in the Andes.

Thread Information