Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Topgear Settles Supercar Debate!

Topgear Settles Supercar Debate!

Topgear has finally settled the debate as to which car is fastest around a racing track. The latest power lap time has revealed that the Ferrari Enzo has toppled the Porsche Carrera GT by an comfortable 0.8 secs (for those that believe that is small, i am sorry but you are rustic about racing). At Nardo, in a test conducted by Auto Motor and Sport, the Enzo comfortably beat the Carrera and the SLR as it went upto 355 kmph (221.8 mph). The Carrera and SLR both managed only 334 kmph (208.75 mph). And unlike many other claims, the Enzo was the most stable at top speed.
    That, i believe, convincingly settles the arguments related to track. The interesting thing is, if the Enzo can beat others around the twisty Topgear track; it will be invincible around tracks like Fiorano or Monza.
    Now, i can be comfortable while placing my judgements and i have not doubt that the Enzo is a far superior car.
    Interested people may visit the following links -
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/powerlaps/
    http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/61251#tech_data

Quote Originally Posted by udip21
    Topgear has finally settled the debate as to which car is fastest around a racing track. The latest power lap time has revealed that the Ferrari Enzo has toppled the Porsche Carrera GT by an comfortable 0.8 secs (for those that believe that is small, i am sorry but you are rustic about racing). At Nardo, in a test conducted by Auto Motor and Sport, the Enzo comfortably beat the Carrera and the SLR as it went upto 355 kmph (221.8 mph). The Carrera and SLR both managed only 334 kmph (208.75 mph). And unlike many other claims, the Enzo was the most stable at top speed.
    That, i believe, convincingly settles the arguments related to track. The interesting thing is, if the Enzo can beat others around the twisty Topgear track; it will be invincible around tracks like Fiorano or Monza.
    Now, i can be comfortable while placing my judgements and i have not doubt that the Enzo is a far superior car.

No surprise there, how much can i get an Enzo for now?
    I think both motortrend and caranddriver already proved that the enzo could beat the carrera GT.

The Enzo being fast isn't surprising.

For that ammount of money, and with Ferrari's reputation, it bloody well better be the fastest of those three.

What is more interesting and surprising is that Mercedes' overweight, space-for-golfclubs, luxury GT comes so close to the CGT and Enzo in terms of performance.

Two highly focussed, stripped down road going race cars, versus a compromised GT. It is no wonder the SLR doesn't quite stack up, and why I think that comparing the three as equals is utterly pointless.
    Thanks for all the fish

What i find odd is that the pagani zonda.. lightweight supercar.. uses the merc V12 engine and still manages to get below the SLRs time..
    SlR supercharged V8 .. i still dont get the germans

Not to mention the Zonda does weigh less... more than 1000 lbs less

The Enzo is the far superior car, but for the money I think I still might rather have (and it'd be easier to get) a Koenigsegg or a Zonda.

Yes, especially considering the interiors. Enzo has seats and not much else with tons of bare wiring, Zonda has the best interior money can buy (outside maybe a Maybach or Rolls-Royce)

Quote Originally Posted by dimlight
    What i find odd is that the pagani zonda.. lightweight supercar.. uses the merc V12 engine and still manages to get below the SLRs time..
    SlR supercharged V8 .. i still dont get the germans
    Not to mention the Zonda does weigh less... more than 1000 lbs less
    First from what ive found the Zonda is roughly 800lbs lighter than the SLR. On top of that the SLR accelerates quicker.
    My guess would be the SLR grips better (sry no numbers there) and is eaisier to drive than the Zonda.

Shouldnt they be racing it against a c13, an egg, or a zonda, thats more like it
    < 1 - 2 - to the bass >

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    The Enzo is the far superior car, but for the money I think I still might rather have (and it'd be easier to get) a Koenigsegg or a Zonda.
    Be very expensive to buy the Enzo when the buying rule from Ferrari states you must already own an F40 AND F50 just to be ELIGIBLE

The Zonda has masses of grips too!!! and a bigger engine.. its lighter!! i still dont get it slicks.

Quote Originally Posted by udip21

VIVA FERRARI!!!!
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by dimlight
    The Zonda has masses of grips too!!! and a bigger engine.. its lighter!! i still dont get it slicks.
    From fast-autos.net the 99 Pagani Zonda pulls .93Gs on the skid pad. Thats a joke for how much that car costs. And the SLR pulls an estimated .95, still bad for the price, but better than the Zonda.
    And bigger engine doesnt mean faster car. The SLR still has more hp and torque, and is still all around quicker/faster in acceleration.

Proof that anyone can stuff a huge engine into a car and even if it's an exotic~Zonda, is no match for decades of racing knowhow. However, it doesn't make sense to compare with the SLR which is a heavy GT. Impressive how it held it's own against 'race cars'.

But in the end its Ferrari all the way!!
    Last edited by PerfAdv; 11-04-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Proof that anyone can stuff a huge engine into a car and even if it's an exotic~Zonda, is no match for decades of racing knowhow. However, it doesn't make sense to compare with the SLR which is a heavy GT. Impressive how it held it's own against 'race cars'.

But in the end its Ferrari all the way!!
    In the end its the most expencive all the way.

Thread Information