Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    3-4 teenagers drink alcohol.... get in there Honda Civic.... Think they are cool going 110 mph in the middle of town..... Then crash into a tree.... They all die....

I felt sorry for the passengers. But generally they were idiots
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    3-4 teenagers drink alcohol.... get in there Honda Civic.... Think they are cool going 110 mph in the middle of town..... Then crash into a tree.... They all die....

I felt sorry for the passengers. But generally they were idiots
    You do realize multiple user names is a bannable offense?
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I r the crazy butcher -------------------------------------------------------- Feilding, New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    You do realize multiple user names is a bannable offense?
    I didn't like the other one as I made it while I was a imature little 13 year-old. So I completely wiped it etc. and made a new one, unless there is a way to change your account name.....
    I'm afraid this is a signature, a very pathetic one.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeh
    I didn't like the other one as I made it while I was a imature little 13 year-old. So I completely wiped it etc. and made a new one, unless there is a way to change your account name.....
    You talk to Wouter about changing your name.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Woot I can finally add to this.

OK just last night I had our families trailer hooked to the back of my car, that was full of firewood. I was backing it down the hill behind the barn to the wood shed, however the recent snow has just melted and created a thin layer of mud and extremely slippery wet grass, nothing 4WD can't handle. I was wrong. I was backing up a bit too fast and had to step on the brakes causing the car to immediately start sliding sideways in the opposite direction the trailer was going. Well it ended up jackknifing and scuffing a large chunk out of the top of my bumper, and scratched the taillight to hell. At least it didn't break it. I parked it in the barn and cleaned the bumper off and sprayed it with some black paint I used to touch up a spot earlier last summer. The good news is its hardly noticeable, however the weight from the wood in the trailer made it sink. I still dunno if my pops pulled it out yet.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

What a tool --> Wrong way on freeway

I was returning from a family Xmas party this afternoon.

Traffic was of a medium density, but not overly crowded, with lots driving below the limit due to them being "Sunday drivers" and the increased penalties being imposed to try and reduce (but failing to) accident rates.

I was travelling in the fast lane at or just over the speed limit, and with the slower lane clear I was catching a Toyota Starlet that was travelling at least 20km/h below the limit - in the fast lane.

I flashed the lights as I approach and the idiot jumped on the brakes forcing me to swerve into the slow lane to avoid them.

The next group of cars had similar issues (watched in my mirrors) until the Starlet's driver finally retreated to the slow lane.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

i once let a girl drive my car.
    true story.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Wife did her good deed for X-mas day by inviting a work-colleague (who is a spinster) over for a surf 'n turf luncheon. My good deed was a spur-of-the-moment decision to check the oil on this lady's 2000 Mitsu Lancer, which only has 60,000kms

Nothing at all on the stick .. nada .. zip

All I could detect was a brownish tinge tainting the dipstick - presumably a telltale sign of overheated oil that had burned or boiled off?

I dunno how much engine oil these 2.0 Lancers are supposed to hold, but this poor car was so bereft of oil it had swallowed as near as dammit to three litres before I ran out of oil to add - and by then was still only just over 3/4 full!

Oh dear

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    true story.
    Idiots like you should be banned
    PPC - Put a V8 in it!

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Wife did her good deed for X-mas day by inviting a work-colleague (who is a spinster) over for a surf 'n turf luncheon. My good deed was a spur-of-the-moment decision to check the oil on this lady's 2000 Mitsu Lancer, which only has 60,000kms

Nothing at all on the stick .. nada .. zip

All I could detect was a brownish tinge tainting the dipstick - presumably a telltale sign of overheated oil that had burned or boiled off?

I dunno how much engine oil these 2.0 Lancers are supposed to hold, but this poor car was so bereft of oil it had swallowed as near as dammit to three litres before I ran out of oil to add - and by then was still only just over 3/4 full!

Oh dear
    You've probably saved the lady from having to fork out for an expensive rebuild that could've cost thousands. So, I'd call that a good deed for the day.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    You've probably saved the lady from having to fork out for an expensive rebuild that could've cost thousands. So, I'd call that a good deed for the day.
    I reckon mate

After seeing how gobsmackingly low it was, she wanted me to drive it down to the closest servo, and not impose by jagging some oil from me. But I wasn't even game to fire it up, let alone drive it!

Thankfully the engine seemed quiet enough, after the add. But experience tells me that I'd not be surprised if this episode hasn't 'shaved the edge' off what (at this mileage) should be an excellent-condition motor, and degenerated it into a bit of an oil burner

I guess it's a salient lesson for used-car shoppers. Her Lancer is otherwise a very tidy example (one lady owner, never flogged, low kms) and coupled with those low kms it'd be probably be one you'd look at closely if you were after a Lancer and it was offered for sale .. that is of course, unless you were aware it'd virtually been run out of oil!

Btw I remember the sump capacity of my old bevel-drive Ducati 860cc V-twin motorbike was a whopping 4.5 litres (excellent!) which compares rather well doesn't it to the car I owned at the time (a 253cid Holden V8) which held only 3.5 litres! By contrast, my 'autobahn-suitable' Benz 380 is 6.1 litres

Compliments of the season MSN
    Last edited by nota; 12-26-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nota
    Compliments of the season MSN
    Likewise Nota. And I'll tell anyone I know to steer clear of low mileage Lancers that come up for sale in Canberra - especially oil starved ones.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    true story.
    did you hit her?

I'm staying with my mate in Melbourne and a few days ago injured his knee (a idiot story in itself), it's not bad but he is uncomfortable driving (a stick shifting lancer 1.8L) so I've got the pilot seat.
    Now, I usually drive either an auto Magna, auto Corolla or an auto 535i the only stick I've driven in recent memory is a diesel minibus.
    So I take it out and we are getting along okay ..I'm riding the clutch too much an my 1-2 shift is shite but we aren't going to die soon. We get to the main road an stop at the lights facing slightly uphill, they go green and we roll back a few feet before taking off. I gun the little thing up the hill, then have a brain fart -flashing back to the diesel bus- I short shift into 3rd from 1st and the little bastard stalls! Fortunately there are two lanes and traffic can go around me but I'm still sitting there like an idiot with my mate laughing at me as I restart the car -in gear- and stall again.
    Oh well, I'd still caned him at kart racing earlier.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Thread Information