Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Automotive idiot stories...

Well, I'm sure we all know our fair share of automotive idiots. You know who I mean

So, let's share some stories here. (I'll put in a star in case someone doesn't understand)

I'll start with one guy I know. Before he wrecked his Sentra SE-R, he installed an APC intake. After installation, he claimed his car was "throwing down 200+ RWHP".*

Secondly (same guy), claimed that he would buy an S2000, but he wanted a new one, like a 2004. He told me that any car over 2 years old or so would be totally unreliable and would've "lost all its power".

Lastly (also same guy), said he wouldn't want to buy an NSX because "they all have loads of problems". He told me he looked at some 1991 models, but said he wouldn't want them because they were all "covered in body rust" **

*Nissan Sentra is FWD.
    **Acura NSX is all-aluminium, and will not rust.

a number of straight quotations from other topics on these forums would certainly qualify for this thread. I am not sure whether I would care to find them. I have to think hard to come up with original stories, because I don't want to kill this thread immediately. I'll be back

I've mentioned it before about people wanting to change they're "powerband", I play with them and tell them they need to upgrade their pulleys to accept a broader powerband.
    LMFAO

Insert all r34296kw comments for staters.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

C'mon you guys, I know there's lots of stories out there!

Like the guy who put armor-all'ed the entire surface on his tires on his IS300 and crashed into a tree pulling out of his driveway

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    C'mon you guys, I know there's lots of stories out there!

Like the guy who put armor-all'ed the entire surface on his tires on his IS300 and crashed into a tree pulling out of his driveway
    well... there are alot of idiot stories out there, but as some one said, all other topics prolly have a crap load in em. I can't come up with any right off the top of my head, and not even goin to try, not to kill this topic.

Yesterday I went to fill up the wife's van, and I see a lot of commotion over at another minivan - 4 maybe 5 construction workers, a police officer and a few good samaritans ... all guys, tripping over each other trying to open the door on this (extreme)hottie's van. I watch, chuckling to myself ... stupidity is kind of a kick for me, something I can watch all day as long as it doesn't interfere with whatever else I'm doing.

Anyways, I fill up and walk inside to pay, I'm a regular so I small talk with gas station attendant for a minute or two and I say to her, "what kind of an idiot locks their keys in their car?", before she can reply some guy behind me chimes up with "I've done it more times than I'd care to talk about", of course this leads me to smile and roll my eyes at the attendant who is trying really hard to keep a straight face, and I turn and say to this guy and told him "I don't know how any responsible driver can do that", before he can answer, one of the construction workers walks in and says to the attendant "its OK they unlocked the van and her baby (who was locked inside) are fine".

I brush past the guy that was standing behind me and told him "I'm not even gonna touch responsible parents" ... with that the attendant couldn't hold back anymore and gave one of those surprise snickers - the kind that kids do and milk comes out of their nose.

I get in my car, reach into my pocket for my keys, then realize I had left them in the ignition ... I smile at myself, shake my head and drive away ....thinking how lucky I am that I didn't lock the door.

ive locked the keys in my car 3 times....all at home when im running around doing chores working on my car and returning from work/mates place twice was while doing several things at once at home and once was because a mate decided to be a smartass...he got a bruise the size of an orange on his arm for his effort...and i got a ciggy...But all in all even doing it on these occasions made feel like a jackass....ive had mates who have had to break into their own cars because of this ive learned from all of these occasions....

I know someon who spent quite some time trying to open their car to retrieve their keys only to find out that the passenger side was open all the time.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    ...and i got a ciggy...
    You should stop smoking.

Some kid I know thinks porsche is pronounced "porsh", wait, everyone it that stupid, its like "porsh-a", and I f anyone on this board didn't know that, i'll murder them...er---lecture...them?
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

how do i get a picture by my name

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER_TUNED
    how do i get a picture by my name
    Click on User CP at the top left of the page and either pick a standard avatar or create and upload your own. The max pixesl size is 90x90.
    If you need more help there's an avatar thread you can seek assistance in. Some of us are happy to do a quidk resize if you don't have the tools.

I actually sent him a message about that....your modsare quite vigilent that way

I have a friend who claims he did 140 mph on his Honda CR-V. After we messed up with him a little bit he said that it was actually kmh and that he never said mph........ (yeah right)
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-12-2004 at 09:41 AM.

Thread Information