Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Automotive idiot stories...

Well, I'm sure we all know our fair share of automotive idiots. You know who I mean

So, let's share some stories here. (I'll put in a star in case someone doesn't understand)

I'll start with one guy I know. Before he wrecked his Sentra SE-R, he installed an APC intake. After installation, he claimed his car was "throwing down 200+ RWHP".*

Secondly (same guy), claimed that he would buy an S2000, but he wanted a new one, like a 2004. He told me that any car over 2 years old or so would be totally unreliable and would've "lost all its power".

Lastly (also same guy), said he wouldn't want to buy an NSX because "they all have loads of problems". He told me he looked at some 1991 models, but said he wouldn't want them because they were all "covered in body rust" **

*Nissan Sentra is FWD.
    **Acura NSX is all-aluminium, and will not rust.

a number of straight quotations from other topics on these forums would certainly qualify for this thread. I am not sure whether I would care to find them. I have to think hard to come up with original stories, because I don't want to kill this thread immediately. I'll be back

I've mentioned it before about people wanting to change they're "powerband", I play with them and tell them they need to upgrade their pulleys to accept a broader powerband.
    LMFAO

Insert all r34296kw comments for staters.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

C'mon you guys, I know there's lots of stories out there!

Like the guy who put armor-all'ed the entire surface on his tires on his IS300 and crashed into a tree pulling out of his driveway

Some kid I know thinks porsche is pronounced "porsh", wait, everyone it that stupid, its like "porsh-a", and I f anyone on this board didn't know that, i'll murder them...er---lecture...them?
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Originally posted by DwZX35
    Some kid I know thinks porsche is pronounced "porsh", wait, everyone it that stupid, its like "porsh-a", and I f anyone on this board didn't know that, i'll murder them...er---lecture...them?
    i know that but, i still suffer from
    not-making-the-change-to-saying-porsha-insteadof-porsh-itis.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Well, I don't really consider people like that to be idiots...

The shortened "Porsh" is two different things: Firstly, its generally considered to be a somewhat of a nickname. Secondly, its what probably most of people believe is the correct name and pronunciation. These people are wrong, and the others are not.

Unfortunately there's no way of telling between the two without sounding like a pompous bastard and saying it's "Por-Scha"

Hey, I should know I'm Mr. PorSHA 914 :P

Originally posted by DwZX35
    Thats getting a bit precious. I say porsh cause Im Stralian and I dont speaka lika European. Likewise I dont expectorate when I say Lamborghini.

Originally posted by crisis
    Thats getting a bit precious. I say porsh cause Im Stralian and I dont speaka lika European. Likewise I dont expectorate when I say Lamborghini.
    Is it possible to include sound bits to these posts? I would love to hear you say Lamborghini. How do you pronouce two Porsches? If you do that as I think you would, just forget about the final "s" and you are spot-on.

Originally posted by henk4
    I would love to hear you say Lamborghini.
    No you wouldnt. I slaughter it.

Well here gos my story about the woman who filled up her oiluntill it came out the tappet cover and wonderd why it wouldent start.
    Then there was the woman in the red mid 80s skyline 4 door who was driving along and when she stabbed the accelerator there was this horrible SREEEEEEEECH so i walk up to her while shes stopped at the lights (im walking to work here) and knock on her window and kindly tell her her fan belt soundslike it was loose (ive had the same thing on my falcon forgot to pull the altenator tight enough one time) so she looks at me and says "what the **** do you know!" so i shrug and walk off after work im walking over the bridge and there was a long line of cars at the head of that line there was a familar red 4 door skyline waiting to be towed with the bonnet up and steam commingout of the radiator....I just smiled and waved that one felt good

Stretching it a bit here, but some boats have car engines?
    Besides I gotta tell you about my friend and two of his boats.
    1). Filling up the boat (on trailer) at petrol station, wonders why its taking so much fuel and why the smell is overwhelming. Noodle is filling boat through rod-holder, he had removed filler-cap and got distracted, went back to boat and stuck in the wrong hole. Took the boat into the bush and pulled the bung and let 100 litres of fuel run into the sand, environmental moron as well.
    2). New boat, must keep it clean and thoroughly washed down, keep salt away. Concentrated hard on outboard motor, washed carefully all areas and rinsed with lots of fresh-water. Must wash areas where salt-water may collect, rinse out this hole at back/top of motor - air-intake water trap - doesn't trap water fed into it by garden hose!
    Tried to start engine next day, after launching boat, made lots of strange noises and stopped dead. Mechanic said everything including crank and heads full of water - $AU2,000 to fix.
    I was there for the first one and he actually told me about the second - I wouldn't have told anyone - ever.

Originally posted by crisis
    No you wouldnt. I slaughter it.
    try gently first, after a while you may be able to master the trick.

I may never have never pronounced Lamborghini properly, I have been told by a friend that in the Italian language all "g" 's are silent, so as he pronounced it, it was like Lam-bor-hee-nee, he might be right, but I gave him that WTF look anyways.

Thread Information