Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

When I was just a hairy arsed boy I remember helping a lady with a car full of kids push start her car in a shopping centre car park. Me and a mate got behind and started pushing while she sat in the car. When we had enough speed I yelled out now ( as in now drop the clutch). Having recieved my message she proceeded to turn the key thus cranking the motor over. Me and my mate just stood there looking at each other in disbelief as the car rolled on with her cranking the motor over.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Theres a mate of mine who bought an 85 model celeca it was nice car but it had some serious understeer too it and also had some very ordinary tiers on it as well we constantly warned him that this was a serious problem like when i was driving it i wouldent go over 110 km/h itwas that bad and also there is the fact he was drivingit around on his L plates with no fully liscence super vision so one time when him and my mate who had a falcon were out driving around his warning gauges went off and when they looked under the bonnet there was oil comming out of the plugs and my mate with the flacon told him to go home and theyll look at it tomorrow. So what did he do he kept driving it and picked up 2 more people and went driving around mt ainsley at 140 k/mh and manged to roll the car 4 times.
    He told us (before we saw the car) that he could still drive it and when we looked at the damge we just laughed and left him to his own devices theres just no helping somepeople....

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i knew a guy who said he was going to put a 600hp engine in his jeep pickup
    Ah - it's fairly common -
    and fast
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    i just think it seems kind of stupid.
    So does a W12.

Originally posted by BiTurbo
    So does a W12.
    VW answers the questions that no one ever asks. W8? Or better still a 5 cylinder. Niether the potential power of a 6 or the potential economy of a 4. Just that little bit worse than either. What the miniscual amount of fuel used by the extra piston makes a difference? Or the marginal increase in output is needed from a 4 to a 6? Engineering for its own sake.

for the first mass produced 5 cylinder engine the credits go to Mercedes with the 300D from the seventies.

I forget -
    who asked the question again?

Originally posted by henk4
    for the first mass produced 5 cylinder engine the credits go to Mercedes with the 300D from the seventies.
    You and your diesels! Also the weirdo Discovery motor although I think that was dictated by the requirement to dance around some European law.

my african mate said exactly the same thing as DwZX35 quote said

He thought his mums 87 1.6 bmw could go 240km cause the speedo said so hahaha
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

I've heard people refer to "Honda Acuras" when describing a civic on several occasions
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Originally posted by crisis
    You and your diesels! Also the weirdo Discovery motor although I think that was dictated by the requirement to dance around some European law.
    Can't help the fact that it was a diesel, at that time I was driving borrowed petrol cars anyway. I have never seen a dancing discovery (and never discovered dancing) so I don't know what you mean.

Originally posted by -datsun 1600-
    my african mate said exactly the same thing as DwZX35 quote said

He thought his mums 87 1.6 bmw could go 240km cause the speedo said so hahaha
    so does that mean that the speedometer is lying?????????? well this mate of mine said his 2.0 corona can beat any skyline/evo/gto etc because his speedometer says 240 km and the other cars says 180 km

Hahaha... okay, a couple of days ago when I was at the food court at the mall I overheard some 15 year old (ish) kid braggin to his friends about how his dad had a supercharged RX-7 with NOS and an intake and....wait for it... "forged pistons" . Man, what an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Hahaha... okay, a couple of days ago when I was at the food court at the mall I overheard some 15 year old (ish) kid braggin to his friends about how his dad had a supercharged RX-7 with NOS and an intake and....wait for it... "forged pistons" . Man, what an idiot...
    sounds like my m8 except my m8s in nz

i had a computer science teacher that said he had a my-ata (miata) camry.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thread Information