Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Hahaha... okay, a couple of days ago when I was at the food court at the mall I overheard some 15 year old (ish) kid braggin to his friends about how his dad had a supercharged RX-7 with NOS and an intake and....wait for it... "forged pistons" . Man, what an idiot...
    LOL i hate kids like that all they think by just chucking a nos tank in there car without strengthing any internals they will be like the guys on fast and the furious............
    Dont Drink and Drive home Drift and Slide Home

Quote Originally Posted by -datsun 1600-
    LOL i hate kids like that all they think by just chucking a nos tank in there car without strengthing any internals they will be like the guys on fast and the furious............
    Actually, the main joke was that he said it had "Forged Pistons", whereas the RX-7 has a Wankel Engine, and doesn't have pistons at all...

Well mate of mine gave me the website www.carchatposerlist.com and thats a list of liers and idiots in the car chat room in yahoo chat its somepretty funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Well mate of mine gave me the website www.carchatposerlist.com and thats a list of liers and idiots in the car chat room in yahoo chat its somepretty funny stuff.
    I imagine we'll eventually have to make one of those here Not for a while, though. There will eventually be way more users, and it will be unavoidable!

Well that is an idea Egg_nog and one i happen to think is actually a very good idea somthing we could throw at wouter and see what the man thinks.

Well that is an idea Egg_nog and one i happen to think is actually a very good idea somthing we could throw at wouter and see what the man thinks.
    you should do that

and put it in that car trivia forum egg nog was talking about.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Well its a good way to rember and laughat people who tried to BS us.

Just a little update. The "automotive Idiot" who was featured at the very beginning of this thread has since had his licence revoked. There is some justice left in this world.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    Well, I don't really consider people like that to be idiots...

The shortened "Porsh" is two different things: Firstly, its generally considered to be a somewhat of a nickname. Secondly, its what probably most of people believe is the correct name and pronunciation. These people are wrong, and the others are not.

Unfortunately there's no way of telling between the two without sounding like a pompous bastard and saying it's "Por-Scha"

Hey, I should know I'm Mr. PorSHA 914 :P

In french we say "Porsch" and in german it's "PORRRSCHEEEE" in fact in english it's hard to pronounce
    Il me faut une caisse dans les 300 et le GPS

BMW Z3 1.9L (sold)
    Mercedes SLK 230 (sold)
    Jaguar XK8 (sold)
    Porsche 996 Carrera 4 (for sale)
    2004 Mini Cooper
    Mercedes 2005 SLK 55 AMG (ordered)

Recently heard a story where some guy complained to my mate that his Lancer (front whell drive stock girls model) did not live up to his expectations. He thought that since it was a rally car it should be really good off road. Wonder if that is a Mitsubishi sales tequnique.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Recently heard a story where some guy complained to my mate that his Lancer (front whell drive stock girls model) did not live up to his expectations. He thought that since it was a rally car it should be really good off road. Wonder if that is a Mitsubishi sales tequnique.
    do they sell the good Mitsubishis in Australia, like Lancer EVOs?

We do get somedecent models but we only get them in the smallest quantitys (a handfull dedicated to us and any after that are special orders) the rest will come in a few years time when they are hand me downs from japan otherwise known as "grey imports"

Quote Originally Posted by Batmobile_Turbo
    do they sell the good Mitsubishis in Australia, like Lancer EVOs?
    As Falcon 500 said. This idiot obviously sucked down all the advertising and comfortable in his automotive ignorance, set forth to purchase his rally car.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    As Falcon 500 said. This idiot obviously sucked down all the advertising and comfortable in his automotive ignorance, set forth to purchase his rally car.
    hey maybe i could take a stock ford focus off-road, after all it's a rally car.

Thread Information